Deleted

Does Lei Shen feel more like the expansions "endboss" to you?

I experienced the whole Garrosh story more as a sidestory compared to the rest of the expansion.

Yes, there was always this Alliance vs Horde conflict in the background and this also introduces us to pandaria in the starterzones, but after that I never looked back to this. Not even the Landfall patch could make me feel like I was focussing on the "old struggles", I just did the quests for Valor back then.

I feel that the Sha, Mantid, Zandalari and Mogu (and ofcourse all the other races on pandaria) were the center of my Pandaria adventure and story.
    And this eventually leads me to conclude that, in my personal experience, Lei Shen was the endboss of the Mists of Pandaria End boss.

Not again that discussion. We had that at the end of BC with Illidan vs. Kil'jaeden, Cata with Ragnaros vs. Deathwing, now Lei Shen vs. Garrosh...

I think it's just you. Garrosh feels more like an expansion end-boss, especially when you put into context the story arcs in the instance leading up to him closing (the last sha etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Lei Shen was the climax of the Pandaria storyline (the storyline begun in the 5.0 endgame) but Garrosh is the climax of the Cataclysm, 5.1, 5.3, and 5.4 Alliance vs Horde storyline.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

No, he felt like a side boss. Like Yogg-Saron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    No rly. I feel like he's great looser, Zandalari wake up him and he was killed after month of his regin.

I had no idea who Lei shen was before we killed in Normal, no I dont feel that way

Garrosh had faaar more build up than Lei Shen did, and frankly, the threat of Garrosh and his True Horde feels a lot more immediate than the Mogu and the remnants of troll tribes we've already wiped out so many times.

Nope. Considering the damage Garrosh could actually inflict on the planet as a whole, he's far more dangerous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    I had no idea who Lei shen was before we killed in Normal, no I dont feel that way
    Felt the same way... Probably because he never left the throne, and we never really saw him do anything on the isle.. No personality, no reason to hate him as an undead. Then again I didn't read much into all the quests and the lore for pandaria, because it felt shoehorned from the get go into the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I too think Lei Shen felt more like the end boss. ToT was a great instance, better than SOO imo. Here's hoping that 5.5 will bring a new small raid, but I doubt it would have anything to do with MOP storyline.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2013-10-21 at 01:06 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    In term of story, Lei Shen felt like Yog Saron.
    He was the end of a lot of storylines of Mists (like Yog Saron in Wrath), but Garrosh is also the end of the storyling that began with him finding Pandaria and ending in him pillaging it to find a way to better "his Horde".
    Storywise, I feel they are less disconnected to the story than Rag and DW in Cata

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chaosrecords View Post
    Felt the same way... Probably because he never left the throne, and we never really saw him do anything on the isle.. No personality, no reason to hate him as an undead. Then again I didn't read much into all the quests and the lore for pandaria, because it felt shoehorned from the get go into the game.
    He appeared on the Isle... We saw him multiple times during the solo scenarii to progress further in the Isle.
    We saw his story too in Kun Lai in the quests against the Zandalari.

We've known Garrosh for years. We've only known Lei Shen for months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Not again that discussion. We had that at the end of BC with Illidan vs. Kil'jaeden, Cata with Ragnaros vs. Deathwing, now Lei Shen vs. Garrosh...
    Don't forget the wholl Yogg vs LK fight where Yogg was harder so he was the end expansion boss blablabla

Deleted
    No, Lei Shen is a Lei Who boss

No, Lei Shen was a great boss and a great encounter, but Garrosh feels far more like the "end boss," as he should. Garrosh and the rest of Siege of Orgrimmar tie up Mists's story far better. It truly feels like a culmination of events.

Lei Shen was much more in line with the Sha of Fear and Grand Empress Shek'zeer- he was part of the threats against Pandaria that we eliminated, but Garrosh is a major threat to the larger world, and a bigger part of every faction's story, including Pandaria.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-10-21 at 05:05 PM.

Nah. To me he was a side-story, and SoO is a much better raid on top of that.