Poll: What Should Garrosh's Fate Be?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    He will basically be like the Lich King, sort of out there as maybe something they could touch on someday far down the road, but nobody will ever hear about him again and the developers simply say that chapter is over and will then pretend like he never existed.

He gets sold to the Darkmoon Faire as a carnie to run the hoop game.

I don't see them killing him since it would be a lame way for him to go, but he will be punished, and maybe in the end get a bit of a redemption if he would again fight for good, against the legion for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Paincake View Post
    Yep he will be executed by shadow-pan whilst in shackles and yell FREEEDOOMM!... /end sarcasm
    WoW should definitely not be a game with such harsh story imo. A redemption story would make everyone happy. An execution only the haters.
    How would a shoehorned redemption story of a shoehorned villain make everyone happy? Adding shit to shit does not make it better...

Garrosh = Illidan 2.0

He will sacrifice himself during the Burning Legion ( or some other threat ) invasion to atone for his sins. Anything else would be rather lame :/

Redemption story brewing for him. If the next expansion is a Burning Legion-themed one, I'd expect him to be given a chance for atonement via a heroic attack on a powerful demon a la Broxigar.

he will sacrifice himself to save me

Garrosh lives, escapes with outside help.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Garrosh lives, escapes with outside help.
    and that outside help is revealed to be Garrosh from the future!

though I guess the baby black dragon would be more likely.

Garrosh is freed by anduin (visions of time quest)causing Jania to loose her mind and splinter from the alliance causing her to succome to the whispers of sargares to allow the summing of the burning legion into Azeroth, Boom!............. Or not
    Last edited by Quilm; 2013-10-21 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    We all know he won't be executed, or else he would've been dead already. Haven't you seen movies? Whenever someone's execution is stopped, they're not going to end up hanged 20 minutes later.

No, redemption story seems likely. He'll sit in prison all of 6.x and then at 7.x he'll throw his life to save us from a Pit Lord. Nah, not a Pit Lord, just kidding, but a badass mofo from the Burning Legion.

The Shado-Pan decide to exile Garrosh in Outlands where he belongs with all the Fel orcs. While there however, The Burning Legion sees a new ally. Garrosh becomes the new Warchief of the Fel orcs in Outlands paving the way for the Burning Legion expansion people are hoping for. Garrosh will be a mid expansion raid boss with a whole new arsenal and new plans to help take over Azeroth with the Burning Legion who promises him his Throne in Orgrimmar be returned to Garrosh.

I'm aware this will probably NEVER happen because blizzard sucks at storytelling.

Deleted
    Nobbel has a very interesting theory in his Time Travel Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WXyrM94vR4
    Skip to minute 10:00.

In short:
    We empower the Hourglass of Time for the Bronze Dragonflight (Daily on Timeless Isle), who lost most of there powers after Deathwings defeat. To bestow full power upon the hourglass a major bronze dragon has to be slain (the prime consort of Nozdormu). These bronze dragons intend to make Garrosh slay her. If the Hourglass is fully empowered again, the Bronze Dragonflight can alter time again, so they can offer Garrosh his victory over the Alliance/world/whatever in the past.

If Blizzard sticks to this, they can create anything from that afterwards, but the idea sounds very cool.

I have a feeling they're going to go the route of Firelord Ozai with Garrosh. The Shado-Pan won't kill him, nor will the Pandaren request his death, it's not their way. Varians' realized by now that killing Garrosh won't bring back the people he killed during his tyranical reign, and the Horde won't take him back in.

Instead, he's likely going to be locked up, permanently, inside Shado-Pan Sealed Chambers (where the Sha of Violence was kept), to live out the rest of his days, and in the Shado-Pan's mind, try to come to terms with what he had done, and calm his mind from it so that when he does die of old age, it's of a calm, collected mind, and not one filled with hatred.

Admittidly I would like to simply see Garrosh executed for his crimes, but that's not going to happen due to a number of reasons, the biggest being Metzen's obsession with orcs, and the fact that it wouldn't fit the storyline we've seen grown in Mists of Pandaria.

What I WANT to happen and what I think will happen are two different things. I have no idea what Blizzard is going to do... But I just want Garrosh to die.

How about they put it to a player vote in game? Maybe players work through some type of events / quest chain which unlocks their right to participate in the first ever cross-faction vote.

Would be an unparalleled level of player control in WoW's evolving world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Neither of that IMHO.

He's too corrupted for any redemption, he will seek revenge and the solution to his sick plans, I can't see any other option.
    He can't be killed either, since, you know... as much as I ADORE WoW lore, there always was one big problem with it - age rating.

The story may turn dark sometimes, we can sometimes have really grim scenarios like Kor'kron purge of Orgrimmar, but it's still PEGI 12... It's kinda disappointing, but as serious and mature this story has been to this point, it simply can't end with execution, for the sole rating reason...

As much as I wish we could get a really dark and serious ending to this - I don't see it. Blood is blood, death is death, martial law is martial law, they could show pretty much everything and still get away with it, but execution is a whole different thing. Although the cinematic showed Thrall's clear intentions, so... Well, I'll be positively surprised if something develops in this direction!

Since that wont happen and this isn't GW2 sadly, its more likely blizzard has a plan in mind, my own two cents however in a way that makes sense by blizzards cliches is that Garrosh either:

1. Is sent into exile and consequentially gets finished off by Vol'jin as the Troll promised.

2. Is sent into exile, only to be taken in by the very creatures he fought against, the burning legion, vowing revenge on all of Azeroth soon enough.

The latter is possible because of the fact we know there is an "Iron Horde" template for the next expansion, even if it was only a texture model its actually part of Garrosh flag which implies that we haven't seen the last of Hellscream.

Again, the idea of a reoccurring antagonist to me is a good idea, it gives us a familiar face to love to hate and long to finish off once and for all.

He lives, Orgrimmar was just a set back !!!