The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn that looks awesome! And those are some strong overclocks! Would love to see you post in both my CPU and GPU OC leaderboard threads!

Also, why remove the second Titan? What is it doing in the meantime? Lying around gathering dust?
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2013-10-21 at 07:06 AM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Might end up selling it to a friend for cheap and grab either a 290x or 780ti to head off vs this titan im using atm, if the 290x and 780ti fail to impress ill probably just put it back in :P

i can get the 4770k to do 5.2 but it needs 1.27v for that and the temps are just 1c shy of the throttling point lol, i really need to delid this thing.

the titan i have now can pass 3dmark and unigine valley at upwards of 1350+core and 3900+ memory with 1.35v with the afterburner hack, ill post in your threads soon

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought you said your CPU can do 5GHz at 1.3v, no?
    "A flower.

thats a different 4770k :P and that one is already delidded

i have two rigs atm im using, both with 4770ks and titans in them.

made this into my main one now

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you like your toast with jelly or jam?

AKA I'm jealous to an unhealthy degree right now...
    "A flower.

haha :P ill take jelly please

This is my office. Did this build about a year ago. Just needed something a little better to perform with.

EVGA GeForce GTX480 1536MB GDDR5 Dual DVI, HDMI, SLI Graphics Cards 015-P3-1480-KR
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core Processor (OC to 4.6ghz)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115072

Cooler Master HAF 912 - Mid Tower Computer Case with High Airflow Design (RC-912-KKN1)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular Hihg Performance Power Supply
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817341018

16GB G.SKILL Ripjaqs X Series DDR3 1866 Memory
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231455

Razer Blackwidow Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Rosewill Audio USB Gaming Headset
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826193055

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835103099

OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD Harddrive
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227725

ASRock Z77 Pro4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157296

2 Ikea Desk - Table Tops
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99000690/
    Last edited by Nickcraft; 2013-10-21 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    a quick thought i had on mine: (i have two models with MX Blues switches)

new K70 the switches look like MXBlues, but i think they are fake, they don't sound or feel like real blues, and some are just tactile, no click sound

overall, it feels made as cheap as possible, there is not consistent sound across the board, nor consistent feel between keys, its very disappointing, and given the issues i had receiving them, i've not been impressed by corsair, and am leaning towards staying away from their products for the time being

- - - Updated - - -

they do, the contoured caps come in a separate bag
    Well shit!! I am looking to picking one up and I am going to try out Cherry MX reds and need das keyboard now!!! Not sure which keyboard to get now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annthrax View Post
    Well shit!! I am looking to picking one up and I am going to try out Cherry MX reds and need das keyboard now!!! Not sure which keyboard to get now.
    http://www.daskeyboard.com/

take my review with a grain of salt, im used to much higher end keyboards, the K70 is still much better than any membrane on the market, and still better than CM's in house keyboards (the TKLs are made by Filco)

it's certainly the best looking keyboard on the market, but it feels like they rushed out the new models and didn't bother to bin them for quality

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Keep in mind you can swap those keys out, Corsair throw in the "normal" WASD keys as well (I'm pretty sure).
    Ye I know that, I own that keyboard myself the K70 that is.
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    One of the fans on the radiator became 'broken' making an awful grinding noise all the time.

Get new fans, it'll be quieter they said. It's easy and fun they said!

After about 30 minutes of dicking with screws on my dining room table I got bored.
    Finish tomorrow. Lesson learned: if there's even a tiny spidy-sense that you might
    have to change something later - just spend the money up front and be done with it
    in the first place.
    I disagree, not in all circumstances is this a smart move. It's actually a pretty bad move and you'll likely buy more than you need. Quite often you'll think you need more at first than you actually do. For instance, when I first built my own computer, I thought I needed more fans than I did. I ended up buying like 3 extra fans that did absolutely nothing to my temperatures.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    I consider extra fans a reason for running all fans at 7 or even 5V.

10+ Year Old Account
    My system used to be run in a HAF X with all fan slots filled. Airflow was insanely good, of course, because of the huge fans and the amount that was being blown/sucked from here to there. (Shut up with the sexual jokes!)

My system is now in a Fractal Design Define R4 with a total of only 4 fans and said fans are being run at 5v. They are also all just 140mm fans, as opposed to 1x230mm, 3x200mm, and 1x140mm fans in the HAF X. You know how much my temperatures have increased? Maybe about 5 Celsius. That is negligible. CPUs and GPUs run so cool nowadays with proper heatsinks on them and even with strong high voltage overclocks that airflow in computer cases is not needed in the same way it once was. Also of course, if you keep fan slots free of high dust/dirt/hair accumulation, then you really need not worry. People who fill up all fan slots and/or run all their fans at 12v are more often than not simply wasting electricity.

On top of this, if your parts are generally under 85 Celsius, you shouldn't even be worried, especially if your fans are dust/etc-free, because obviously then it would likely come down more to the heatsink itself, rather than the airflow.

Good airflow is key, but most cases nowadays only need a few fans being run at 5v to give ample airflow to the heatsinks doing the real cooling tasks.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Hmmh I wouldn't be comfortable running R4 at 5V. I've got 3 140mm fans running at 7V. I drop them to 5V my GPU and CPU fans spin up instead, resulting in more noise, since my target while gaming is 55C for CPU and 60C for GPU. That is quite low a target, but then again I live in a cool environment. :P

While it's true that 85C is fine for GPU, I wouldn't really recommend that. Higher temperatures will make your parts fail prematurely. And 85C for CPU is too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    My CPU under Prime95 load doesn't really go anywhere past 70 Celsius, and my GPU under Valley load barely goes to 60+ Celsius. All while the fans stay relatively low speed and quiet. My computer is in a basement, held a foot off the ground. :P
    "A flower.

Don't forget though, that basements tend to have an ambient temperature a few degrees lower than the rest of the house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Don't forget though, that basements tend to have an ambient temperature a few degrees lower than the rest of the house.
    No duh. ;p My basement is generally pretty uncomfortable for me at times.

Oddly enough, today is the coldest day in a good 6 months, and yet I feel pretty comfy. Maybe it is the socks, pants, and sweater combating the cold? Usually my hands feel ice cold but they actually feel warm for once! :O

Still though, the fact remains my parts are being kept very cool.

If you have good heatsinks, for instance in my case, I have the all-copper Zalman CNPS 9900ALED on my CPU and an MSI Twin Frozr II 560 Ti, then you don't need absolutely insane airflow to keep your temperatures well-within the safe range.
    "A flower.

Yeah, I'm happy if I can manage to keep the room my PC is in under 25°C in summer; I consider this an achievement given that it is over 35-40°C the other side of the window. I lose the CPU overclock in summer because I don't need even more hot air being vented into the room.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are you from again? O.o

Usually I hear the Swedes complaining about paltry "heat" like 25 Celsius... summers here can range anywhere from 25-40 Celsius. (Northeastern Illinois)
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Where are you from again? O.o

Usually I hear the Swedes complaining about paltry "heat" like 25 Celsius... summers here can range anywhere from 25-40 Celsius. (Northeastern Illinois)
    I live in south-east Germany. It is not uncommon to go 3-6 weeks in July/August without the outside temperature ever dropping below 25°C; we've had the thermometer go above 45°C in the (south-facing) garden.