Quote Originally Posted by Moussaka View Post
    Hi all,

I got the dodge trinket from Jugger NM (coin), and I was wondering if it's worth using it. Maybe on high veng fights.
    I will test it anyway but maybe you guys got an idea on it already (it will be Vial + it, in place of Spark, so losing some good haste).
    Also what glyphs and talents are you using on Siegcrafter NM ? We are trying on him for the first time this week and I can't decide.
    Tried with glyphs: FW, FS and Alab / Talents: DP and LH so far.
    Thanks !
    Don't think of any fight where it would be worth using. Esp over spark || vial.
    For talents it depends on what you're dying to, personally i almost always stick to HP for t6 since it just seems to work nicely.
    If you're having trouble bursting the add i'd suggest HA (Ha first one AW 2nd one, and i believe HA should be up for 3rd one, at which point fights should be over)
    For glyphs also depends on what's going on i'd say alab and fs for general on that fight, if your co-tank is dying mb the dmg free sac, otherwise FW.

Deleted
    Hi all,

I got the dodge trinket from Jugger NM (coin), and I was wondering if it's worth using it. Maybe on high veng fights.
    I will test it anyway but maybe you guys got an idea on it already (it will be Vial + it, in place of Spark, so losing some good haste).
    Also what glyphs and talents are you using on Siegcrafter NM ? We are trying on him for the first time this week and I can't decide.
    Tried with glyphs: FW, FS and Alab / Talents: DP and LH so far.
    Thanks !
    How did you coin that? I'm pretty sure it's not available on the ret loot table on that boss and I can't see what you'd possibly want from the prot loot table that wouldn't be available on the ret table.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    How did you coin that? I'm pretty sure it's not available on the ret loot table on that boss and I can't see what you'd possibly want from the prot loot table that wouldn't be available on the ret table.
    The neck is shared. However it is available of ret table.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    celinamuna: Tanks dying isn't an issue on this fight (positioning of the raid is the core issue, but will be fixed pulls after pulls), neither do I mess with the add. Without cds, it dies just after the Death from Above. I'll try HP over LH.

Spacebubble: I tried to coin the neck, it appears on both prot en ret tables, but on prot tables there is less loot possible than ret. So chose prot talent. Tried to snipe it as much as possible but meh... Side reasons are, I already have the ret hand on him, and a better belt (ilvl wise, and according to AMR, also interested in your opinion on this).

celinamuna: Tanks dying isn't an issue on this fight (positioning of the raid is the core issue, but will be fixed pulls after pulls), neither do I mess with the add. Without cds, it dies just after the Death from Above. I'll try HP over LH.

Spacebubble: I tried to coin the neck, it appears on both prot en ret tables, but on prot tables there is less loot possible than ret. So chose prot talent. Tried to snipe it as much as possible but meh... Side reasons are, I already have the ret hand on him, and a better belt (ilvl wise, and according to AMR, also interested in your opinion on this).
    personally, it depends a lot for the belt. I've got the one of protectors with hit/haste and won one off ordos with hit/mastery. However since i'm still above hit cap regardless of what i do, i'm trying to roll the IJ one (plus killing it on heroic, so it's jsut better)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    The neck is shared. However it is available of ret table.
    "I can't see what you'd possibly want from the prot table that would'nt be available on the ret table."

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't get much better than a haste/mastery belt (specially when it has iirc more haste than the other haste belt).

Male Draenei Paladin!
    What could be more awesome? strut around, all righteous and goatish

1% hit is useful on occasion.. depends on your gear, if you can make use of it. Gift of the Naaru (heal) is 20% of your hp over 15 seconds... it hits like wet noodles over an entirely too long period of time. If it was during 6 or less seconds.. yeah, maybe. I just bound it to my healthstone and made peace (read: ignore) it.
    I'd definitely rank Stoneform of them dwarven folk higher. Not to mention they get expertise with some weapons.. (axes? maces?) which generally tends to be more universally useful than hit.

@Spacebubble
    This week has been a good week for me loot wise, snagged hc+warforged Protector's belt (hit+haste) and coined Juggernaut belt as well (just hc, mastery+haste). Due to itemisation on it, hc warforged protector's belt has LESS haste than non warforged hc Juggernaut. So you're right about that... But...
    Due to reachability of haste cap (elixir+food) and ability to get rid of all that darn hit (belt has 1250 alone), warforged Protector's belt can be proven superior even at lower haste than Demolisher, just because of ilvl difference. It might be marginally better even in equal ilvl (both non/warforged) scenarios where lack of hit rears it's head.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think, the only bosses worth rolling as prot are: Any boss with a shield (but spoils as priority), Blackfuse (weapon) and Malkorok (Trinket). Malkorok also has the boots (Exp/mastery) and some bracers (parry/exp) you can win with prot spec, so it's not toooooo bad.

for the rest you want retri gear and the t tokens are spec independend anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    I think, the only bosses worth rolling as prot are: Any boss with a shield (but spoils as priority), Blackfuse (weapon) and Malkorok (Trinket). Malkorok also has the boots (Exp/mastery) and some bracers (parry/exp) you can win with prot spec, so it's not toooooo bad.

Why would you put spoils over naz'grim? Not only is his shield better but there's only 1 other item to get and that's one you very much want and one that you could probably still use for one of your OS if you already had the token.

Oh, a thing I just remembered I wanted to ask for quite a while...

Glyph of Word of Glory grants a buff increasing damage by 3% per holy power when you WoG, lasts 6 seconds. Generally it's considered the inferior of other 3 dps increasing glyphs (alabaster shield, focused shield, final wrath)

Execution Sentence is the highest single target lvl90 talent and is affected by the +9% damage you receive with the glyph.

Has anyone come across or remembers any math being done on this? assuming you get to sync them both every time which is reasonable enough, given a few seconds leeway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post

Glyph of Word of Glory grants a buff increasing damage by 3% per holy power when you WoG, lasts 6 seconds. Generally it's considered the inferior of other 3 dps increasing glyphs (alabaster shield, focused shield, final wrath)

Execution Sentence is the highest single target lvl90 talent and is affected by the +9% damage you receive with the glyph.

Has anyone come across or remembers any math being done on this? assuming you get to sync them both every time which is reasonable enough, given a few seconds leeway.
    Using that on siegecrafter hc to kill adds.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post

Why Spoils as a priority when Nazgrim drops both a shield and a tier token for protection?

I'm currently using the Spoils boots for Holy paladins, as they have a ton of haste (1100 haste), a lot of mastery (~950) and a socket (another 320 haste). They don't have any spirit as a wasted stat either. Not too bothered about the loss of the strength, as vengeance fluctuates by an order of magnitude greater than the AP from strength boots.

Deleted
    Yeah, I would definately not have priority on spoils. 1/3 chance of gettig a shield that is not even BiS with 2 bad items working as a minefield.
    I would rather roll as retri on spoils as both the head and the ring is great, presuming you need them of course.

I am still using tortos 535 intellect shield, the only shield boss I extra roll on is Nazgrim HC.

After tanking with normal tortos shield for all of last tier i feel like it would be silly if i didn't upgrade to malkorok shield when it drops :/

Deleted
    After tanking with normal tortos shield for all of last tier i feel like it would be silly if i didn't upgrade to malkorok shield when it drops :/
    Yeah, quite sad I have not gotten a tanking cloak from SoO. When the bosses hits you 900k with regular melee hits, you kinda think "some more armor would be nice".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post

Focused shield is the biggest dps increase for single target by some margin, but a dps loss for multi-target.

Of the other 3 (WoG, FW, ArbS), some back of the envelope calculations I did indicated they were close on single target (each raising dps by 1.8%). Wrathblood has said that WoG is the best - I think this is based on him using Simcraft but I don't know what he assumed about talents. He probably assumed using EF/WoG a lot, which has been criticised here, but which meshes with the 4pc and which I tend to do (on 10N early bosses, you can be waiting a long time for a big hit to heal up, so I tend to focus on keeping up a strong HoT).

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Yeah, quite sad I have not gotten a tanking cloak from SoO. When the bosses hits you 900k with regular melee hits, you kinda think "some more armor would be nice".
    Don't join the dark side :P

From the latest hotfixes:
    Protection Paladins are now eligible to receive plate armor with Haste via person loot (Raid Finder and Flexible difficulty) and bonus rolls (all difficulty modes) from Siege of Orgrimmar and Ordos.
    Probably won't change a damn thing, because you'll still be risking getting d/p gear with the haste gear, but if there are any bosses where the non-haste pieces of ret gear are worse than the non-haste for prot (or if you have to coin prot for a trinket or something), it might make up for it...but at the same time, if you have to coin prot, you just got your gear tables inflated...In my opinion, this change is more for the people who don't pay attention to their loot spec properly - but the question is, is that subset of players even stacking haste? [/ramble]

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    From the latest hotfixes:

Probably won't change a damn thing, because you'll still be risking getting d/p gear with the haste gear, but if there are any bosses where the non-haste pieces of ret gear are worse than the non-haste for prot (or if you have to coin prot for a trinket or something), it might make up for it...but at the same time, if you have to coin prot, you just got your gear tables inflated...In my opinion, this change is more for the people who don't pay attention to their loot spec properly - but the question is, is that subset of players even stacking haste? [/ramble]
    Possibly blackfuse, and nazzy, but i think that's it.

Deleted
    Don't join the dark side :P
    Shit, meant tanking shield.