Poll: When do you think next expansion will be released?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

When do you think next expansion will be released?

ICC lasted about 12 months before cata came along.

Dragon soul lasted about 9 months.

SoO came out in September 2013. How long do you think it will last? How many months worth of replay value do you think it has ( for example, ICC had much more replay value than Dragon soul and hence kept people playing for longer).

So far we have had no 'credible' info about next expansion. Even if next expansion is released 6-8 months after blizzcon, that's still more or less dragon soul like schedule? Will SoO hold you for that long?

When do you think next WoW expansion will be released?

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    10th anniversary of World of Warcraft is on November 23 next year, which is also the same day the Warcraft franchise marks its 20th anniversary. It'd make sense to release it on that day. Besides, it is essentially every 2 years for each expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by flavourcat54 View Post
    10th anniversary of World of Warcraft is on November 23 next year, which is also the same day the Warcraft franchise marks its 20th anniversary. It'd make sense to release it on that day. Besides, it is essentially every 2 years for each expansion.
    They said they would make expansion times shorter, nobody is going to put up with SoO for over 9 months when they promised that wouldn't happen again. I expect early 2014, with beta starting right after blizzcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    They said they would make expansion times shorter, nobody is going to put up with SoO for over 9 months when they promised that wouldn't happen again. I expect early 2014, with beta starting right after blizzcon.
    Diddley duddley doo right again dudemeister.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is in Blizzard's interest to get the next expansion out as soon as possible. I imagine that an April-May release would be very likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    late 2014 id say

mid 2014, can't see them pulling the 11 months of ICC again. Loved that place to death, but by the end of wrath all I wanted was death.

Deleted
    haha if it that should be the case sub numbers will drop to 2 millions

Deleted
    They said that after ICC as well, yet DS happened. Blizzard says a lot of things, don't count on them to always live up to it, especially with release dates/times.

I'm betting the beta will take around 6 months just like the MoP one, the beta will probably start right after blizzcon which is 8-9th november. 6 months from that would be at the beginning of May, so that's my bet.

Unless they are doing the best secret alpha testing in the history of gaming that isn't going to happen. You don't just jump into beta testing and by the time you are anywhere near the point of being at that stage tons of info is out by then. Look at it this way Cata was previewed at Blizzcon and beta testing didn't start for a few more months much much closer to the summer and went live in December.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

May/June 2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

i pray for April-June 2014, but expect it will be the next quarter or later :-(

Tough one, we can only speculate on that, but i would say summer of 2014 with a small, mini like expansion between, something that will introduce you to a new content. So 2 new dungeons with a story line and a mini world boss that would drop hairloom items and you can only access him if you killed Garrosh on normal..

Lool no way they release with 1 year between exp , why would they wait till nov to release the next xD makes no sense what so ever

Spring-summer 2014.

I don't think they want us doing SoO for another year like they've done past tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Tough one, we can only speculate on that, but i would say summer of 2014 with a small, mini like expansion between, something that will introduce you to a new content. So 2 new dungeons with a story line and a mini world boss that would drop hairloom items and you can only access him if you killed Garrosh on normal..
    2 new dungeons that will be obsolete almost immediately, when they are moving away from the 5 man format, while also excluding most of the player base. Sure that will happen..... Of course there will be new scenarios or questlines for the last month to kick start 6.0 there is always something like that. Exclusive dungeons though, that sure as hell isn't happening.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    i'm not sure if 2nd and 3rd Q of a year are good for releasing games(ppl got much other things to do than mmo). so I voted for Oct-Dec 2014. And till this time maybe we will get final Zandalari patch or some Timetravel fixing patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    i'm not sure if 2nd and 3rd Q of a year are good for releasing games(ppl got much other things to do than mmo). so I voted for Oct-Dec 2014. And till this time maybe we will get final Zandalari patch or some Timetravel fixing patch.
    The time of the year has nothing to do with when you release the expansion, for how long your already playing subscribers have to wait and the quality of the expansion that is released does...

Deleted
    You are crazy if you think blizzard will let this tier last 14 months. The downtime between content is when people quit.

They also promised that we wouldn't get another case of ICC, but DS only lasted 2 months less. I'd say count on at least half a year of SoO.