10+ Year Old Account
    i read earlier that the difference between the destructive meta and the legendary is small, is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by queberts View Post
    i read earlier that the difference between the destructive meta and the legendary is small, is this true?
    Depends on set bonuses. It's pretty close regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Depends on set bonuses. It's pretty close regardless.
    Thanks, if i have 2 piece it's pretty even?

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you guys open if you need to aoe 4 targets with 1 ember and DS? Do you DS+RoF=>FnB Immolate=> Conflagrate x2 and pray you get enough emberbits to FnB Incinerate or do you save that second Conflagrate for FnB and just Incinerate a target once or twice till you can FnB?

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    How do you guys open if you need to aoe 4 targets with 1 ember and DS? Do you DS+RoF=>FnB Immolate=> Conflagrate x2 and pray you get enough emberbits to FnB Incinerate or do you save that second Conflagrate for FnB and just Incinerate a target once or twice till you can FnB?
    Dark Shaman pull? My best attempts damage wise was just ignoring FnB, keeping RoF up, using first 2 embers on 2+Havoc CBs with all buffs, then just tab target and keep Immo and RoF on all stuff while shooting Chaos Bolts with many embers (or pooling for triple SB Havoc).

Each time I tried to use FnB and spread Conflag/immolate that way on pull my damage just dropped like a stone compared to even single target opening. But maybe there is better way...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    Dark Shaman pull? My best attempts damage wise was just ignoring FnB, keeping RoF up, using first 2 embers on 2+Havoc CBs with all buffs, then just tab target and keep Immo and RoF on all stuff while shooting Chaos Bolts with many embers (or pooling for triple SB Havoc).

Each time I tried to use FnB and spread Conflag/immolate that way on pull my damage just dropped like a stone compared to even single target opening. But maybe there is better way...
    No, on Dark Shaman I just focus on the dogs with Havoc CBs similar to what you said, I'm mostly eager to know about trash or opening on Galakras mobs. Just for 4-5 mobs situations though.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2013-10-22 at 09:25 AM.

For dark shaman I might use glyph of havoc (have not historically but might tomorrow just for giggly s*its) since my guild splits up the bosses once dogs die. That way I can get some big opener cleave but not worth tab immolate nor F&B'ing. Only time I F&B is when green blobs spawn to get a couple incin/conflags out then sburn snipe w' havoc back onto the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    No, on Dark Shaman I just focus on the dogs with Havoc CBs similar to what you said, I'm mostly eager to know about trash or opening on Galakras mobs. Just for 4-5 mobs situations though.
    For Galakras:
    5 mobs (first pack) - cds, FnB Immo, rof, havoc on bonecrusher, incin on havoc target until ember fills, FnB conflag (hopefully get 2pc proc, if not fish for it again with other charge), then depending on hp prioritize sburn cleave > get 2pc with FnB conflag > FnB immo with procs > FnB incin

4 mobs - same as above

3 mobs - priority is immo multidot > rof > havoc during proc or for sburn > cb > conflag for incin backdraft > incin, most likely going to use cb as filler most of the time
    Last edited by Moruff; 2013-10-22 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Depends on set bonuses.
    I don't recall seeing this broken down / discussed beyond them both being just, in general, pretty close. Mind clarifying (as in: 2 set, x is better; 4 set, y is better) ? Apologies if I missed it already
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Ok I have a trink questions, I have Normal bindings and still unfortunately rocking Wousholays Normal trink.

I have Youlon's Bite now, and I really don't have a problem with ember regen atm, does anyone use Youlon's Bite and would it be a over all dps increase over using Wousholays?

When I did a BiB on AMR it suggested that I use Youlon's over Wousholays. Any advice would be great thanks.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have 5095 spellhit meaning I have a 0.01% chance to miss is that a big deal? It's making me go Insane lol

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    I have 5095 spellhit meaning I have a 0.01% chance to miss is that a big deal? It's making me go Insane lol
    If theres one thing ive learnt from WoW, its that RNG is a complete bitch. that 0.01% miss chance will come right when you need to push garrosh into p4 before the next mind controls, and then you miss a chaos bolt with all trinkets and Dark soul up, and then the boss will not get phased by 1 mill HP... and then you wish you were hit capped.

I could never play under hit cap again, when rng goes bad, which it will, it can be horrible!
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    If theres one thing ive learnt from WoW, its that RNG is a complete bitch. that 0.01% miss chance will come right when you need to push garrosh into p4 before the next mind controls, and then you miss a chaos bolt with all trinkets and Dark soul up, and then the boss will not get phased by 1 mill HP... and then you wish you were hit capped.

I could never play under hit cap again, when rng goes bad, which it will, it can be horrible!
    Well I just did a H Nazgrim not a single miss haha I can understand though RNG is a bitch :P really concerned, I did get H tier token though so maybe I can by pass it cause it really does bother me.

T14 Affliction was the best with being under hit cap. OH YEAH. Loved that time of raiding.

Completely agree. I'd rather be "way" over the hit cap (which I am), than .01% under.

In my experience of timing Chaos Bolts with proccs, I always found it hard to track all the active proccs and short time buffs manually. Also, different proccs are not the same in damage output for Chaos Bolts. Infact, their impact can greatly vary. So I wrote a little addon which basically calculates the current relative strength of my Chaos Bolt, considering all current stats and proccs. With a glimpse at this number I can easily tell if it currently has its maximum strength (or is at least close to it) or not.

The addon is called ChaosPower and if you'd like to give it a try, you can find it there:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...haosPower.html
    Last edited by Luzzifus; 2013-10-23 at 07:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Luzz - great little add-on, but I can't move it since LUI UI gives an error when I enter the 'move' command.

Please PM me the error message. I'll see what I can do. ^^

**edit: Found and fixed the error.
    Last edited by Luzzifus; 2013-10-23 at 01:08 PM.

Both Wush and Black Blood use stacking method which require timing when to fire off (multiple) Chaos Bolts, other procs have short duration too which may fade before Chaos Bolt go off. You still need to track your trinket proc and duration yourself I'm afraid. If you want to make Combustion helper for Warlocks it would need to calculate strenght of CB not now, but in X sec where X is current Chaos Bolt cast time (impossible to predict new procs but should be doable for current ones?).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luzzifus View Post
    In my experience of timing Chaos Bolts with proccs, I always found it hard to track all the active proccs and short time buffs manually. Also, different proccs are not the same in damage output for Chaos Bolts. Infact, their impact can greatly vary. So I wrote a little addon which basically calculates the current relative strength of my Chaos Bolt, considering all current stats and proccs. With a glimpse at this number I can easily tell if it currently has its maximum strength (or is at least close to it) or not.

I really like it, but I don't understand what slash command you use for the different configurations. Could you help me?
    Last edited by mmoc0adc4e43a3; 2013-10-23 at 10:11 AM.