Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    Both Wush and Black Blood use stacking method which require timing when to fire off (multiple) Chaos Bolts, other procs have short duration too which may fade before Chaos Bolt go off. You still need to track your trinket proc and duration yourself I'm afraid. If you want to make Combustion helper for Warlocks it would need to calculate strenght of CB not now, but in X sec where X is current Chaos Bolt cast time (impossible to predict new procs but should be doable for current ones?).
    That would definitely be possible but for that I'd first have to track what proccs/buffs are contributing to the current CB strength. And I'm not really sure how to do that without having a database of all possible buffs and procc effects. Currently the addon simply takes the damage formula for Chaos Bolt and substitutes your current stats. Which is a simplistic approach but works rather well so far. Taking a guess at how many CBs you can fit in is something that comes with practise, at least it did for me (considering that most if not all proccs have a duration of at least 10 seconds). The only tricky situation is the burst phase at the beginning of a fight, where I always try to fire off 2-3 CBs with all proccs stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Brrghh View Post
    I really like it, but I don't understand what slash command you use for the different configurations. Could you help me?
    It's in the description, just type "/cp move" (without the quotes) to make it movable or just "/cp" for a list of available commands.

Anyways, I don't want to hijack this thread for addon support, so if you have any technical questions or problems, please use the comment section at wowinterface. =)
    Last edited by Luzzifus; 2013-10-23 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luzzifus View Post
    That would definitely be possible but for that I'd first have to track what proccs/buffs are contributing to the current CB strength. And I'm not really sure how to do that without having a database of all possible buffs and procc effects. Currently the addon simply takes the damage formula for Chaos Bolt and substitutes your current stats. Which is a simplistic approach but works rather well so far. Taking a guess at how many CBs you can fit in is something that comes with practise, at least it did for me (considering that most if not all proccs have a duration of at least 10 seconds). The only tricky situation is the burst phase at the beginning of a fight, where I always try to fire off 2-3 CBs with all proccs stacked.

It's in the description, just type "/cp move" (without the quotes) to make it movable or just "/cp" for a list of available commands.

Anyways, I don't want to hijack this thread for addon support, so if you have any technical questions or problems, please use the comment section at wowinterface. =)
    You don't really need a database perse, but a table of the ones like Wusholay, Black Blood, etc for stacking because you could then run the math against it for predictions. The rest are simple int procs, so no big deal there.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Hey gents, looking for some tips to really min/max my play on Heroic Spoils 10. I'm currently 566 ilvl, using flex PBiS with normal 2/2 KTT, and 4 pc normal tier. I'm on the mantid side, assigned to sparks, and our tank opens the monks first followed by a large mantid. I open strong but once we start getting a lot of sparks I find I'm constantly and only on them to stay ahead and dps drops considerably. This fight seems considerably unique, any input into optimal rotation, reforging for this fight specifically, and the best way to handle everything would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Drobo View Post
    Hey gents, looking for some tips to really min/max my play on Heroic Spoils 10. I'm currently 566 ilvl, using flex PBiS with normal 2/2 KTT, and 4 pc normal tier. I'm on the mantid side, assigned to sparks, and our tank opens the monks first followed by a large mantid. I open strong but once we start getting a lot of sparks I find I'm constantly and only on them to stay ahead and dps drops considerably. This fight seems considerably unique, any input into optimal rotation, reforging for this fight specifically, and the best way to handle everything would be greatly appreciated.
    Am I not good enough Drobo?

Deleted
    Are you only doing mantid side? If so sparks don't come through all that quickly, only time you can get slightly swamped is when mogu side opens their four smalls. For our kill we had myself and a hunter and we just made sure they died. If I had more than 2 embers I'd call to let me take care of it and I'd CB + SB each one. The times where we had 3 or 4 spawning I'd call for help, but the hunter was helping nuke down anyway.

I played it pretty poorly but I just kept immolate and rain of fire on all targets and mainly cast chaos bolt. You have so many opportunities to shadowburn snipe that you are rarely out of embers.

I fared better when I ran 10k mastery as opposed to M > C > H, I felt the extra split seconds on squeezing out chaos bolts into sparks and higher immolate/RoF ember regen worked nicely.

On our first kill (and we still do) my add priority is different from everyone else on my side. I handle all sparks + mogu spawn guys as first priority, and then work on adds. I leave our Ele, Enhance, and BrM to handle a lot of the add damage on both sides. My being able to handle sparks lets our guys who have ramp-up and no multidotting focus on adds where they can do effective damage. We have our multidotters (Arc Mage, Boomkin) on the other side and they do the more normal group-kill of sparks. I rarely have to call for help on them.

With my gear a CBolt takes a spark into SBurn range, so I don't lose any embers unless my other teammates decide to hit the sparks. We've wiped before because they decide to damage a spark that I was relying on an ember from. One or two of those and I got it into their heads "no touchy!"

Ok...

For the last two tiers (prior to this tier) I played my Brewmaster in Nightmare Asylum, and was very active in the Monk forums here with theorycrafting, etc. I have now leveled a lock, main switched to him because I decided to go super casual this tier. I am not new to lock perse, but haven't played on for progression since Firelands so there is a learning curve here but I learn quickly. With the background out of the way, on to the questions.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nshyn/advanced
    Trinket Choices - Current and LFR Purified Bindings. I went with current because I think that will provide better DPS until I can get a normal+ Bindings.

1. CBolt usage. I am currently watching for my two main trinket procs of Wrath and Toxic. If I have both procced (start of fight) I can only usually get 1 off before the proc falls off and if I am lucky with crits and ember generation, sometimes 2. Usually though it is only one. My opener is Prepot, hardcast Incinerate, Dark Soul and Blood Fury, Immolate, 2 Conflags, Incin times 3, Cbolt. Usually this put this Cbolt with 3-4 secs remaining on both procs assuming both are up on pull and Cbolt leaves my hand at roughly 1-1.6 secs remaining for an 8-9 stack Wrath Cast. Is this correct?

2. Havoc usage. I am seriously debating delaying CBolt driven Havocs for procs. While Havoc is a 30s CD, my unbuffed, non-procced Cbolt is roughly around 550k. With the Toxic debuff its around 700k, and with an 8 stack Wrath its 1.2m. Should I wait for procs to use Havoc for Cbolt? Obviously, if targets are under 20, then Havoc/Sburn on CD. I am just concerned, I use Havoc/Cbolt with no procs and then immediately after trinket procs and Havoc on CD.

Those are the questions I have right now. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Ok...

For the last two tiers (prior to this tier) I played my Brewmaster in Nightmare Asylum, and was very active in the Monk forums here with theorycrafting, etc. I have now leveled a lock, main switched to him because I decided to go super casual this tier. I am not new to lock perse, but haven't played on for progression since Firelands so there is a learning curve here but I learn quickly. With the background out of the way, on to the questions.

Trinket Choices - Current and LFR Purified Bindings. I went with current because I think that will provide better DPS until I can get a normal+ Bindings.

1. CBolt usage. I am currently watching for my two main trinket procs of Wrath and Toxic. If I have both procced (start of fight) I can only usually get 1 off before the proc falls off and if I am lucky with crits and ember generation, sometimes 2. Usually though it is only one. My opener is Prepot, hardcast Incinerate, Dark Soul and Blood Fury, Immolate, 2 Conflags, Incin times 3, Cbolt. Usually this put this Cbolt with 3-4 secs remaining on both procs assuming both are up on pull and Cbolt leaves my hand at roughly 1-1.6 secs remaining for an 8-9 stack Wrath Cast. Is this correct?

2. Havoc usage. I am seriously debating delaying CBolt driven Havocs for procs. While Havoc is a 30s CD, my unbuffed, non-procced Cbolt is roughly around 550k. With the Toxic debuff its around 700k, and with an 8 stack Wrath its 1.2m. Should I wait for procs to use Havoc for Cbolt? Obviously, if targets are under 20, then Havoc/Sburn on CD. I am just concerned, I use Havoc/Cbolt with no procs and then immediately after trinket procs and Havoc on CD.

I do not have a ton of time to delve, but I just wanted to make one quick note about your opener. Due to the travel time of incinerate, you can get off an incinerate followed by an immolate pre-pull. I start roughly 3.5 secs before the pull, Immolate hits right on the boss pull.

Also, check out Sparkuggz's updated trinket list.

Ok...

I would say yes correct for first question.

For the second, I believe its completely up to rng. But my advice since you're using KTT and bboy trinket is to save up the unglyphed havoc. Each trinket procs on average every minute or so. So its definitely possible that each one might proc individually within 60 seconds. If you're unlucky and get no trinket procs, you lose 550k total damage done every 25 seconds that passes. So in 1 minute you lost 1.1 million damage (assuming you're saving up havoc and have gotten 0 trinket procs, which isn't very likely since both trinket procs once a minute on average). If you use that as a guide line, and think about it roughly, its probably a slight gain overall to save up for trinket procs. Of course it might also be a loss to save up havoc if you're unlucky, but most of the time its probably a gain.

On the other hand, once you obtain bindings normal or heroic, its probably best to glyph havoc (using it on cooldown here), so that it lines up with dark soul and binding's proc. You will be able to fire 2 havoc'd chaos bolt during dark soul + binding trinket proc.
    Last edited by OokingDooker; 2013-10-23 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    Ok...

that's why the burning meta gem is a piece of shit, you can fit your two bolts if you were using the legandary one

Deleted
    My friend asked me a question about FnB and it turned out I couldn't give him a definite answer.

How is the 10 yard radius on FnB calculated? Is it from the edge of the hitbox, or from the center?

I thought it would be center but I've seen a few times where incinerates hit adds I thought were out of range.

Deleted
    Anyone has some tips for Thok hc as Destruction? Would like to try that instead of Affliction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    Anyone has some tips for Thok hc as Destruction? Would like to try that instead of Affliction.
    I went with AD for our first kill, glyphing unending resolve. You will have the second DS ready for bats so maximize cd's for that. Cleave Shadowburns from jailer. Nothing too special. Just try to time your incinerates accordingly while using some fel flames or RoF in between if you have time. You can also do CB's with backdraft even when boss has 20+ stacks. All of this as 25man though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardi View Post
    I went with AD for our first kill, glyphing unending resolve. You will have the second DS ready for bats so maximize cd's for that. Cleave Shadowburns from jailer. Nothing too special. Just try to time your incinerates accordingly while using some fel flames or RoF in between if you have time. You can also do CB's with backdraft even when boss has 20+ stacks. All of this as 25man though
    Did you save your second Unending Resolve for aoe-ing the bats or use it at higher stacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Sothis View Post
    that's why the burning meta gem is a piece of shit, you can fit your two bolts if you were using the legandary one
    I would be wearing the legendary meta if I had one. 2 weeks into this tier was the leveling and main switch and I am working on the secrets phase right now.

To the rest, thanks for the responses. I will hold on Havoc for trinket procs then and see if that nets a little more dps overall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    Did you save your second Unending Resolve for aoe-ing the bats or use it at higher stacks?
    I saved it to AoE bats since i knew that we didn't have DA during bats. If you want to check i have the video link on my sig. It's not the perfect possible play but felt like timings with CB and procs we're decent :P
    Last edited by mmoc97653df2ee; 2013-10-23 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardi View Post
    got a rank 6 Destro kill on Thok tonight without really trying, at all, no attacking the Yeti at all, and putting up a demonic gateway during each fixate, bassically I could have done a whole lot more damage. Inbetween each screech you should be able to fit an Incinerate + a fel flame, use backdraft procs on chaos bolts if you are at 4 embers or have good trinket procs up. use UR Glyph and you can use it during the 1st phase aswell as the 2nd phase. Aoe the bats like you would normally, use havoc glyph to 6X Sburn onto the boss from them. Havoc off of the Jailer onto the boss during the Fixate phases.
    Just play smart
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    got a rank 6 Destro kill on Thok tonight without really trying, at all, no attacking the Yeti at all, and putting up a demonic gateway during each fixate, bassically I could have done a whole lot more damage. Inbetween each screech you should be able to fit an Incinerate + a fel flame, use backdraft procs on chaos bolts if you are at 4 embers or have good trinket procs up. use UR Glyph and you can use it during the 1st phase aswell as the 2nd phase. Aoe the bats like you would normally, use havoc glyph to 6X Sburn onto the boss from them. Havoc off of the Jailer onto the boss during the Fixate phases.
    Just play smart
    I wish I could be Destro for Thok. I have to be Demo for the MS debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Poor 10 mans
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    No Huntard? Boourns@that