Deleted

Elemental Shaman Arena -- How to avoid enemy?

Hey guys

How do you avoid players in Arena? As soon as the gates open I spend my time tanking both enemies while my partner rogue does the damage. I try Frost Shock, Thunderstorm, Earthbind Totem, nothing seems to get me far enough away to cast -- any tips?

the issue is slows are very ineffective right now in terms of keeping distance. Just about every melee has a closer on cooldown in line with your slows.

Roots can be effective and are absolutely necessary to get an opener off but you have to use them very quickly. Unless you can get at max range with the root I would just get slightly out of melee range to start a burst, otherwise you're only wasting the root.

The biggest advice I can give you is keep flame shocks up. most of your damage is going to be from procced lava bursts when you win. Keep at least two up, even if the enemy dispeller is on its game.

You need these procs because you need to be moving the ENTIRE GAME. Tanking will drain your healer and get him/her CC'd/CS'd from having to spam cast. Only tank if you have juked every melee interrupt or you have some sort of protection. (Cross CC, aura mastery, HoP)

I'm not the best ele shaman but I think I've progressed past and experienced what you're being frustrated by.

Deleted
    That's fantastic advice, I'm currently queueing as we speak so I will definitely try it. We don't have a healer as it's EShammy and ARogue. We win a lot, but there is also a lot of games where I can't avoid being slowed or stunned and it's a hurdle I need to overcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    roots, frost shock, wind walk totem,

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    roots, frost shock, wind walk totem,
    You dont get roots if you have windwalk totem.

If you dont have the frostshock root it is hardly worth ever casting frost shock if the enemy team has any sort of dispeller as flame shock and frost shock share a 5 second cd.

So really roots is all you're suggesting. He's asking for help beyond those and you're not really helping.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RetroSpock View Post
    That's fantastic advice, I'm currently queueing as we speak so I will definitely try it. We don't have a healer as it's EShammy and ARogue. We win a lot, but there is also a lot of games where I can't avoid being slowed or stunned and it's a hurdle I need to overcome.
    I'm glad I could try and help! You're a brave soul to be running double dps in twos right now but a rogue is a great parter for peels. Don't be afraid to let him solo a little bit if you can keep them chasing you on a mount. I've had a lot of matches where my partner got someone to 50% just peeling and I finally turned around and massacred them because they had blown cooldowns to chase!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    You dont get roots if you have windwalk totem.

If you dont have the frostshock root it is hardly worth ever casting frost shock if the enemy team has any sort of dispeller as flame shock and frost shock share a 5 second cd.

So really roots is all you're suggesting. He's asking for help beyond those and you're not really helping.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad I could try and help! You're a brave soul to be running double dps in twos right now but a rogue is a great parter for peels. Don't be afraid to let him solo a little bit if you can keep them chasing you on a mount. I've had a lot of matches where my partner got someone to 50% just peeling and I finally turned around and massacred them because they had blown cooldowns to chase!
    You're just full of advice... thanks again, I've got some new tacs to work with