Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    These bots suck, ty based honorbuddy.

Tbh I haven't seen any bots in game in a very long time, so it couldn't have been that much of an issue.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bli.../1100-6415695/

This is very good, seems they are actually doing something about the bots. The lawsuits just progress extremely slowly. Now with Shadow Bot and Pocket Gnome gone, can we please get rid of a certain Buddy-bot next?

Oh and, "both pursue our right to operate and our customer's right to play WoW as they choose" must be the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard from such people.
    We should have all these botters and hackers shot.
    I'm 100% serious. THe only thing they do is ruin other, honest peoples good times. They are trash and should be treated like trash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Actually I'd say the opposite. Name any other game that after 10 years is still running.
    Eve online?

10+ Year Old Account
    Note: Please stick to the topic, this is not about how long games are going, nor game vs. game.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    We should have all these botters and hackers shot.
    I'm 100% serious. THe only thing they do is ruin other, honest peoples good times. They are trash and should be treated like trash.
    I have seen people infracted just for using sarcasm, yet you openly call for other people being killed, because it spoils your game and a moderator, 20 minutes after you is commenting on other people not sticking with the topic.

I take back all I have said about the WoW community. It is much, much worse that I though. I will ask for my account to be deleted, I really do not want have anything to do with such bunch.

Disgusting community and the people profiting from its rot.
    My wife came to me and asked: "What have you done to the poor cat? She is half dead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Blizzard was too soft, in my opinion.

Glad that they are taking the fight up still, but the ways of laws around the world slows the fight down. But I would say, if they were to shut something down, then they should crush them completely. 7.000.000 dollars are just too little, they should have tried to be more brutal - demand way more. I mean, heck, this company still have their servers. They should be able to take as much as they want to deconstruct the botting industry.
    Blizzard have to be able to demonstrate to the court their loses incurred by the defendant they cannot simply demand a random figure. The minutes of the hearing states that the defendant had received in excess of $289 000 in revenue due to its sales of bots since it began trading 2011 the sum of $7million awarded to Blizzard represents almost 50 years worth of the company's income obviously as the defendant can no longer sell its product it has no income. How could they have been more harsh than putting the defendant $7million in debt with no way of them being able to pay that debt?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    I find it even more perplexing that the company is allowed to accept donations to help with their legal fees. I mean, the statement they used to defend themselves is asinine enough, but to be allowed to accept donations for legal fees when their company was promoting illegal things to begin with, yeesh.
    Yeah, I wouldn't being giving them any money. It seems unlikely that they have huge legal costs as I would imagine that no law firm would take the case as there was little to no chance of success and the damages awarded would most likely make the company insolvent and thus unable to pay their legal fees.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Note: Please stick to the topic, this is not about how long games are going, nor game vs. game.
    Would it not be better to place this warning in the post on the first page that people keep replying to?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    If you are saying a gm confirmed to you someone was using a bot, I call bullshit.
    I love how people like to assume their opinion somehow invalidates my personal experience.

This was an ongoing problem over a period of several weeks. I must have sent about 15 odd reports during this time and had several different responses from GMs. I didn't often land up talking to them, because the responses came after I was offline, but during one rather candid conversation with a GM, he confirmed that he had investigated the issue, and that he believed it was goldseller activity and the whole Hydra story. I don't remember the exact phrasing used, but I walked away from that conversation with the understanding that the GM had acknowledged:

1) that I was indeed dealing with a gold seller using a bot on what was most likely a compromised account to farm leather and selling it on the AH.
    2) that the problem would be dealt with
    3) that it was highly likely they would simply create new bots and AH toons
    4) that I should continue reporting them because it really helps.

GMs avoid telling you what is done to players as a result of a dispute because it generally isn't helpful and damages server communities. This case was different. I wasn't dealing with another player at all. I knew it was a gold seller, the GM knew it was a gold seller. There really was no point in using cookie cutter responses or beating about the proverbial bush. GMs have guidelines within in which they are generally required to operate but ultimately they are autonomous human beings who are allowed to use their discretion with how they interact with players and what they tell them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny that when blizzard does nothing about bots, they are like "Omg blizzard you never do anything about bots, you just want their money" and now they do something people are saying "ye blizzard only got rid of 1/3 of the bots.. OMG" srsly, people are never happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    You expected a game to just keep on growing? They all mature at some point and then keep losing players. That's normal. And wow hit it's peak during Wotlk, not BC.
    Early Cataclysm actually (and then they nosedived for a while). But your point stands.

That article isn't especially well written. It uses the word 'reveals' twice, once in a non-apt manner (how could Blizzard reveal they are the top MMO based on subs? There's never been any suggestion otherwise for nearly a decade).

Its step one in dealing with the problem. Going after 'distributors' instead of 'users' is always the best policy.

And yeah, that company is shadey. Suggesting its fine to break TOS, making money off another company's product, and asking for donations to pay for their fines? /shudder

ban chinese IPs from playing any kind of games with auction house = win

Quote Originally Posted by Schroedinger View Post
    I take back all I have said about the WoW community. It is much, much worse that I though. I will ask for my account to be deleted, I really do not want have anything to do with such bunch.
    What an overreaction. Don't paint everyone with the same brush, it makes you look just as bad.

If you don't like what someone says (and I don't like it either) then report, block, move on. Bitching like a martyr and deflaming the whole community is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    "Hell, it's about time."
    - Terran Marine
    Agreed

And your quote is actually tryus or what ever his name is...
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Archypew View Post
    ban chinese IPs from playing any kind of games with auction house = win
    What would that achieve? The company that have just lost the court case were based in the US.

Deleted
    The games economy relies heavily on bots. I'd love to see the QQ wave when gem prices are suddenly x5 what they are now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulCold View Post
    They've been trying to get rid of HB for years now. It hasn't exactly gone very well for them if you read the HB forums.
    I personally think if they got Honorbuddy shut down that would show a huge decrease in bots until another pops up.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    7 millions holy shit that is worth a lot of Sky Golems!!!

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reimonic View Post
    7 millions holy shit that is worth a lot of Sky Golems!!!
    With that money you could probably only buy one golem irl.

Remember boys and girls, all your flasks, all your food, all your professionmats, mainly comes from bots.
    I'd wager 90% off all the wares on the AH, comes from bots.
    It's been like this since late TBC/Early WLK.
    Ban all bots you say?
    People aren't playing as much as they used to, so be ready for the AH to always be empty for everything you need!
    And yes, I do, sometimes use a bot.

Infracted, don't necro old threads.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-02-13 at 09:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A) No they don't on any good server.

B) Good job necroing for this useless post.

C) Can't wait for you to get banned.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.