Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

More LFR Nerfs! 10/22/13

Lol Good God man... I honestly feel that Blizzard is never going to learn.

[Requires a realm restart.] Kor'kron Reapers now deal less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    [Requires a realm restart.] Minion of Y'Shaarj's Empowering Corruption now heals for 15% of health (down from 30%) and increases damage dealt by 20% (down from 50%) on Raid Finder difficulty.
    [Requires a realm restart.] Harbinger of Y'Shaarj's Y'Shaarj Touched now heals for 2% of health per second (down from 5%) and increases damage dealt by 20% (down from 50%) on Raid Finder difficulty.
    I rarely browse MMO or the forums anymore but I just wanted to see what was up lately and yet again, the LFR "Muh $15" crew won with nerfs to content that didn't need it. I'm sure they'll continue to blame "age" though when subscriptions continue to drop.. yep, I'm sure age is the reason.

Maybe the numbers got nerfed because they wheren't in line with the intended players?
    Blizz should have data on that and responding on it, i believe.

Edit: Reading comprehension failure on my part.
    Last edited by Oogly; 2013-10-24 at 11:01 AM.

Well qqing on lfr seems to be some kind of fashion.... a way of saying: "I am great but plain saying it will make me look arrogant, so I am trashing LFR"
    I believe this to be true.

Perhaps the fights were harder than they intended them to be, and as such they nerfed them?

Haven't done LFR myself (because really, why would I ever go there?) but judging from people saying it's taking 4-7 attempts to kill it, yeah, sounds like it needs a nerf.

Deleted
    Seriously people, stop concerning yourselves with LFR. Leave it be. If there was no LFR then the gear would come from equally pointless and easy heroic dungeons or quest hubs with rep. Stop with the LFR hate madness, who cares if it's easy, it is supposed to be EASY. It's not supposed to take hours to complete a single wing. It targets a different demographic than flex and normal. Again, think for a minute. Before LFR we had dungeons and justice/valor vendors. Was it better to just grind points and buy gear rather than how it is now?

10+ Year Old Account
    And the point of this thread is?
    Aye mate

Because LFR serves a function of giving non-raiding people some fun, and there is neither fun nor sence in tons of wipes in LFR?

I quite don't understand the LFR hate trend, tbh. Why it continues even now, when all people who don't want to carry other people have Flex, that is a question. Some kind of mind momentum, I guess? I don't run LFR now due to having a possibility to gear my alts in Flex, and I never saw a problem in other people having their fun, be it LFR, pet battles, dailies or ganking. If you don't like LFR - don't do it. Why hate?

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    And the point of this thread is?
    The OP wants to be recognized as a serious raider!
    That is basically all to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Maybe the numbers got nerfed because they wheren't in line with the intended players?
    What players? All I see (beside reset day) are just assholes that are not willing to put up ANY sort effort.

20+ wipes on trash before Garrosh (mobs that got nerf 3 times in a row) because everyone are aoeing to pad the meters instead of focusing dps on the right one.

50+ wipes on Garrosh (on alts), because ppl are trying to emulate Method 25H kill video... and kick those with a clue to the easy mode strat.

I see no problem with LFR nerfs. You do normal and heroic raids on your main. You do LFR on your alts to gear them up.

So let me get it right you dont like those nerfs for LFR , let me tell you something , if you dont do LFR then you shouldnt care about them , if you do LFR then be happy you will spend less wipes , blizz gave LFR as an easy way to gear up alts and possible see "end game" boss in an easier state , i dont get it when people crying over nerfs for something that is suppose to be easy , if people find it hard since its not 25 people from a guild but 25 people that a mechanic of the game grouped them together then yes nerfs will come. And please leave the " but they make it super easy" comment outside this thread keep it for the hc versions or even normal , we are talking about LFR.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    It's been whole one day. Hardly enough time for anything to "be in line" or gather enough data. Or maybe I'm wrong and they can gather enough data in just one day - except at that point you have to ask, why didn't they fix thousands of different things back on PTR.

Considering it took the group I was with 7 wipes, I'm not surprised. That said, we wiped for reasons that wouldn't even be affected by these changes >.>

First wipe was to ranged not killing a Single Siege Engineer, second was to no one cleaving the adds as the OT Tanked them so far away that Melee just couldn't switch without dropping damage on Garrosh, third and fourth were to derps ignoring players during the MC phases (Not even like they had too much health, people just didn't switch. As a Ret I could only interrupt everyone so many times before all I'm left with is Rebuke >.>). 5th and 6th wipes were to P1 Iron Stars, ranged all of a sudden though that 5 stacks of Determination meant they didn't have to do anything and the 7th wipe happened because an incredibly impatient healer pulled when a tank went for a quick piss.

It took nearly 2 hours to kill Garrosh in LFR, that's just fucking ridiculous.

Deleted
    I'm sorry but what are you trying to prove here?

That LFR like normal and heroic can be subject to change?

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    It's been whole one day. Hardly enough time for anything to "be in line" or gather enough data. Or maybe I'm wrong and they can gather enough data in just one day - except at that point you have to ask, why didn't they fix thousands of different things back on PTR.
    Who knows but they would not nerf the content from forum cries alone. They have data and would look at it. The amount of people doing LFR Garry compared to Normal/Heroic mode would be many times more in number so most likely on day 1 they probably got the data and noticed a trend and put the nerfs in to make it more in line with that they expected.

I could be entirely wrong with how they did this though and why!

The good thing is LFR gets adjusted while the other modes dont need flat out nerfs (like DS buff) those modes might get adjusted to better suit their audiance but other than that we should no longer see the huge nerfs and buffs we saw in cata.

Deleted
    these are all nerfs for the trash between paragons and garrosh.
    and we actually wiped more on the trash between paragons and Garrosh then we did on all 3 bosses combined when doing last wing.
    due too how their mechanics work, and CC ing some is an hard thing too pull of in LFR (not because people dn't CC, but cause there many derp just throwing spells/ground aoe's on the CC'ed targets).
    was a major pain in the butt too deal with it.

Also, I think LFR must be the fastest in terms of time commitment due to the very idea of it. LFR -> Flex -> Normal -> Heroic, logically. Instead, LFR fights take too much time, we used to kill 8 first bosses in normal faster than our guildie killed Dark shamans in LFR, lol.

Please, stop trying to teach Blizzard how to make games. They surely obtain much more knowledge than you, due to them being one of the greatest game dev companies and you being... well... anonymous random coach hater.

Most of the people wanting nerfs that I've seen, in so much as LFR, on Blizzard's forums at least, are people who actually raid in higher difficulties, but get frustrated with other, "lesser" players, rather than those actual players asking for nerfs. Those people don't even bother with forums, 99% of the time :x

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    What players? All I see (beside reset day) are just assholes that are not willing to put up ANY sort effort.

20+ wipes on trash before Garrosh (mobs that got nerf 3 times in a row) because everyone are aoeing to pad the meters instead of focusing dps on the right one.

50+ wipes on Garrosh (on alts), because ppl are trying to emulate Method 25H kill video... and kick those with a clue to the easy mode strat.
    Raiding is srs business.

Respect!!! Respect I tell you!