I don't recall it counting the overheal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardar View Post
    So, am not sure if that question is really stupid or am just ovethinking..
    Lets say you have high vengeance atm, ur health is 90% for example, will using Expell harm grant u more dmg than using jab? Expell harm does 50% of the amount it heals as nature dmg, does that counts for the overheal also?

For Juggernaut hc i just glyphed Guard and went diffuse magic, Guard on first breath , DM on 2nd and Guard again on third. Felt more safe this way, just kept spamming Expell harm as taking the bombs.
    Depends on alot of factors but the damage component from EH only works based on the effective healing that EH does i.e if at high vengeance your jab does 40k and you are at a 30k HP deficit then jab will do more damage than EH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Hey there! I've ended up tanking Kardris each time we've downed shamans, and I've found that my problems usually start when poison totem gets dropped and the slimes start spawning. Prior to this, good usage of ox-orbs, expelharm and a guard/dampen harm to survive the bolts is enough. As soon as the adds starts spawning, I help to gather them up with SCK (might be unnecessary damage taken, but I've found it's the easiest way to get and keep aggro on them, aswell as burning them down before they become a problem). I make sure to have Kardris on focus, so that I can see whenever she casts Froststorm Bolt, and pop guard before her cast ends, and it usually absorbs the whole thing. This can be done more or less every time she spawns adds, and if you rotate FB/Dampen Harm/Zen Med for the frostbolt/falling ash, you'll feel alot less squishy, and the expel harm/ox spheres healing should put you really high in healing done.
    So Shamans were incredibly successful last night after doing this. THANK YOU. Instead of 6-7 attempts it was a 1 shot. Pally mentioned I was pretty easy to heal this week even with running through the blobs, so, YAY! Same goes to you @Bryce. Thanks again for the advice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunasta View Post
    So Shamans were incredibly successful last night after doing this. THANK YOU. Instead of 6-7 attempts it was a 1 shot. Pally mentioned I was pretty easy to heal this week even with running through the blobs, so, YAY! Same goes to you @Bryce. Thanks again for the advice
    Great, congrats on finding a working tactic for you, and I'm glad I could help.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunasta View Post
    Grats to you then. Hope it goes just as well the following weeks.

Hey guys, so my guilds going to be progressing on norushen 10 heroic tonight and with 1 of our main tanks rage quitting on us I am likely going to be tanking with my os 542 ilevel, I was hoping someone could pass on some brewmaster tips which might improve my performance . Maybe glyphs and talents or reforges I could try.
    heres my armory. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lnrik/advanced
    Atm Im going with a mastery rune of reorgination build. Yea I know its a bit strange gems and reforges atm since i got some new gear but it was with mastery haste and crit fairly close together to get the best from the ror
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2013-10-24 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    bank 3chi, cast chi wave as he's coming down from Death from above, roll in, KS, BoKx2, jab, BoK, pray you have stacked enough crit that the rng lords are pleased.
    You could take Chi Brew to get an extra BoK in there instead of a Jab.

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrik View Post
    Hey guys, so my guilds going to be progressing on norushen 10 heroic tonight and with 1 of our main tanks rage quitting on us I am likely going to be tanking with my os 542 ilevel, I was hoping someone could pass on some brewmaster tips which might improve my performance . Maybe glyphs and talents or reforges I could try.
    Atm Im going with a mastery rune of reorgination build. Yea I know its a bit strange gems and reforges atm since i got some new gear but it was with mastery haste and crit fairly close together to get the best from the ror
    Thanks in advance
    For 10 man I would say just load up on Crit and have low mastery. The bosses just don't hit hard enough to justify the dps loss. The main thing is to keep Shuffle and Tiger Power (more dps) up, use Elusive Brew liberally and Expel Harm/grab Ox orbs when your health is low. Make sure to look up the tank mechanics inside the orb phase on Norushen, there's something to interrupt, avoid and have elusive brew up for, and then an an attack you can't avoid that you can heal after

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrik View Post
    Thanks in advance
    erm... apart from your strange gem choices there's not that much to tell you. If you haven't done the tank thingy before remember to use guard for bursts and interrupt the hurl, keep EB up as much as possible. Use DH for this fight if you are planning on taking more than 5-6 stacks or even use it for stacks 3-5 for example, and focus on soaking the orbs as they are pretty much the only thing that will cause a wipe. You will also likely need a lot of self healing (at least i did on 25 man HC) on this fight so try to sort out your cd trackers and learn how to use the heals efficiently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    I feel al little bit squishy when it comes to iron juggernaut on 10 hc. i'm running full crit but my HP is jumping up and down like nothing. shuffle is up all the time. i take guard for the bombs. we play it with 3 healers. do i need more mastery now?

we switched to 4 healer and its no problem at all.

but still, are there ANY fights in 10 hc where i should reforge into mastery
    erm, can't say for 10 as i raid 25, but when we did IJ for the first time i noticed how hard the boss hit's with the white hit's. Usually the magic damage itself wasn't an issue since i could just rotate CD's in order to dump the damage down, but the melee hit's slew me. Personally i think that from that point on, having more mastery on general nazgrim, malkorok and thok will make the job significantly easier as most of the damage is physical. Haven't killed siegecrafter yet so hard to say, but he seems to hit pretty hard and while building the debuff is essential for monk tanks having more mastery helps out some. For paragons and garrosh can't really tell, but from what i have heard they both hit pretty damn hard.

Cheers for all the advice . We managed to get norushen down

Yesterday we started progress on Sha. Dps was fine, though the only problem was ppl dying from swelling corruption. Is this the matter of better healing, better cd management or simply not standing in explosions (bolts)? We have shaman and priest healing, if we do it with 3 healers would we have enough dps to kill him before enrage? Here are the logs from our attempts - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/08cbl...ses&boss=71734 - if we were to go with 3 healers, Ferror would be the 3rd one.

We 2-heal it, since the tank damage is kinda weak and a great part of the raid damage can be avoided, if mechanics are executed properly. For swelling corruption, we do it like this:

1st - own CDs
    2nd - Aura Mastery from our heal pally
    3rd - Healthstones and own CDs
    4th - Aura Mastery from our prot pally

You could use noodle soup totem and Spirit Shell instead.

Then you should be @ 30% and the whole pride stuff resets. Then just use whatever cooldown is available.

Looking at your logs, your healing should be sufficient, we did it with less hps. Ppl shouldn't be standing bolts anyway, though that can get hard after reaching the 30% mark.

Edit: here's a log from our recent kill

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/sjeli...?s=7421&e=7882

Deleted
    movin this post out from this thread sorry for inconveinence
    Last edited by mmoc1b5369df37; 2013-10-25 at 02:03 PM.

im curently using 2set t15 and 2 set t16. i just got 2 flex essence of the corruptor so i could go for 4set t16. its not a real ilvl upgrade tho as my tier 15 shoulders r 530 and i have 543 tier legs. is the 4 set worth droping the t15 2 set bonus?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ompya/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Yesterday we started progress on Sha. Dps was fine, though the only problem was ppl dying from swelling corruption. Is this the matter of better healing, better cd management or simply not standing in explosions (bolts)? We have shaman and priest healing, if we do it with 3 healers would we have enough dps to kill him before enrage? Here are the logs from our attempts - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/08cbl...ses&boss=71734 - if we were to go with 3 healers, Ferror would be the 3rd one.
    The actual amount of damage done by the boss is pretty minimal until below 30%, but even that isn't terribly awful to heal because of how slow the pulses are. If you jump up to 3 heals, its because debuff dispels are killing you not for the extra healing really. Swelling corruption with other mechanics (people not paying attention/popping cds for rifts and the swelling happening) were what were killing us so we found a rotation of 3 groups of 2 damage reduction cds to be optimal for dealing with the swelling corruptions (come every minute, set one is up again by minute 4, set two by 5, ect.).

It reduced the damage enough that swelling and outside sources wouldn't kill people unless they were terribly low. Your raid shouldn't ever be dipping badly unless someone decides they like the aoe from the rifts A LOT, but then you'll have other issues anyway. You might want to set it up to have healing tides and what not 5 - 6 seconds before swelling pride to top people up for it, but the cds should still be enough.

From your comp I reccomend

Swelling Pride one: Justinka's AMZ and Alcyonne's Spirit Link
    Swelling Pride two: Drasho's AMZ and your Avert Harm (mind you, you yourself will have to at least stack with the raid, your co-tank can if they'd like as well)
    Swelling pride three: Ksiundz's Disco Bubble and Spirit Shell (if he/she can manage to get it up decently).

I say your disc priest's cds third because you'll most likely want to try and make it so that you don't have to use Ksiundz's during the 30% burn because you won't really be able to keep up Spirit shell to really appreciable levels with all the raid damage and movement. You could also delegate using a personal damage reduction cd/lock rocks for this as well but those may be better saved for soaking/emergencies.

You won't have time for a third Swelling pride during the 30% burn. You'll have 100 pride by the third swelling pride.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    The actual amount of damage done by the boss is pretty minimal until below 30%, but even that isn't terribly awful to heal because of how slow the pulses are. If you jump up to 3 heals, its because debuff dispels are killing you not for the extra healing really. Swelling corruption with other mechanics (people not paying attention/popping cds for rifts and the swelling happening) were what were killing us so we found a rotation of 3 groups of 2 damage reduction cds to be optimal for dealing with the swelling corruptions (come every minute, set one is up again by minute 4, set two by 5, ect.).

It reduced the damage enough that swelling and outside sources wouldn't kill people unless they were terribly low. Your raid shouldn't ever be dipping badly unless someone decides they like the aoe from the rifts A LOT, but then you'll have other issues anyway. You might want to set it up to have healing tides and what not 5 - 6 seconds before swelling pride to top people up for it, but the cds should still be enough.

From your comp I reccomend

Swelling Pride one: Justinka's AMZ and Alcyonne's Spirit Link
    Swelling Pride two: Drasho's AMZ and your Avert Harm (mind you, you yourself will have to at least stack with the raid, your co-tank can if they'd like as well)
    Swelling pride three: Ksiundz's Disco Bubble and Spirit Shell (if he/she can manage to get it up decently).

I say your disc priest's cds third because you'll most likely want to try and make it so that you don't have to use Ksiundz's during the 30% burn because you won't really be able to keep up Spirit shell to really appreciable levels with all the raid damage and movement. You could also delegate using a personal damage reduction cd/lock rocks for this as well but those may be better saved for soaking/emergencies.

You won't have time for a third Swelling pride during the 30% burn. You'll have 100 pride by the third swelling pride.
    Thanks for the detailed info, this will surely help.

I've also watched videos for the next two bosses (Galakras and Iron Juggernaut) and I have some questions regarding the second one.

Galakras seems quite straight forward so unless I'm missing something (getting diffuse magic, glyphing guard, getting ox wave nad rjw) this fight in terms of strategy seems quite easy (execution is another thing).

As for Juggernaut (with 3 healers fight) what talent setup you'd suggest? Dampen harm for mines and glyphing guard for debuff? Any tricks for this boss will be appreciated as he seems way tougher then the previous ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galakras seems quite straight forward so unless I'm missing something (getting diffuse magic, glyphing guard, getting ox wave nad rjw) this fight in terms of strategy seems quite easy (execution is another thing).

As for Juggernaut (with 3 healers fight) what talent setup you'd suggest? Dampen harm for mines and glyphing guard for debuff? Any tricks for this boss will be appreciated as he seems way tougher then the previous ones.
    Galakras - Might depend if you are middle or tower. I stay down and pretty much used Healing Elixirs + RJW + Charging Ox and it's more or less the same fight as normal just w/ more HP and a bit more damage. Keep Clash button handy to interrupt the Bonecrushers (especially if short on DK's).

IJ - Dampen Harm or Diffuse Magic but I used them for the 2-3 stacks of the tank debuff. Pretty much soaked mines with at most Guard and usually nothing (25m HC) and would just hit Expel Harm and/or Chi Wave (macro'd to bounce on me 1st) while I was waiting to land. At least for us this fight is waiting for the DPS/Healers to stop derping, not a single tank death pre-raidwipe so far.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Dampen Harm can be used for the third stack of Ignite and it will flow on to doing the first two mines you pick up.
    - I didn't glyph Guard for this fight as I wanted to be able to use Guard for mines when I needed to.
    - If you're not doing the outrange strat, we found that having one player (we used me since I'm a self sufficient tank) stand on the opposite side of iron juggernaut to the rest of the raid actually significantly reduced the number of mortar barrages that targeted the main group of players in p2, I had to dodge an absolute fuckton though!
    - I tend to use Dampen for the first 3 stack of ignite + the following 2 mines, Fort for the next 3 stack of ignite + the following mines, then we do p2. I save Guard for when shit gets dicey.
    - If mines are close to one another and you're not afraid of dying, you can actually click the next mine before getting flung up by your current mine (pay attention to the point I've linked in this video where I get 3 in a row, I linked the time exactly)
    - Strategically he's not as hard as Sha, but he is tuned fairly highly in terms of inc raid damage and in p2 your healers will have to learn how to deal with shock pulse properly, it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    - Dampen Harm can be used for the third stack of Ignite and it will flow on to doing the first two mines you pick up.
    - I didn't glyph Guard for this fight as I wanted to be able to use Guard for mines when I needed to.
    Pretty good idea on that first point, I've been just popping it when I run to mines and that third stack does hit hard. Sometimes procs the Niuzao cloak.

Def agree on the second point. Though honestly I never think glyphing guard is a good idea, always good to have guard available for any type of situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Pretty good idea on that first point, I've been just popping it when I run to mines and that third stack does hit hard. Sometimes procs the Niuzao cloak.

Def agree on the second point. Though honestly I never think glyphing guard is a good idea, always good to have guard available for any type of situation.
    Really it depends on the fight when to glyph guard. This tier I can't think of one off the top of my head where its infinitely better to glyph it but it certainly has uses especially when the only danger is the magic damage part of an encounter. I glyphed it for heroic Dark shaman because it let the guards last longer and kadriss hits like a school girl on her own. The actual damage is all magic so having a stronger guard for it made a world of difference, your self healing being improved is a bonus.

Last tier we had Heroic Megaera where guard lined up with every other breath and that magic damage was the only threatening damage, with leftover guards being great for adds and just self healing to be a lower maintenance tank. The use of this glyph is identifying where it'll be strongest and can be used to fullest effect. No need to waste guard on damage that isn't threatening in any way.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature