Thread: lackluster dps

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

lackluster dps

So I've been been playing assassination rogue and I have a 503 gear level. I know I'm missing a couple gems and enchants but my dps seems way to low regardless of that. I've read a lot of forum posts on rotations amd cd use but I guess I'm just not doing it right. I ran world of logs tonight and a couple bosses before I went to work and I'm not sure if I recorded it rigjt but the link will be attached at the end of this post. Can the rogue community please help me out? Tell me what I'm doing wrong, what I should be doing and things like that. Or if this is possible, maybe a good, knowledgeable rogue could run an lfr with me and take a look at it? You could leave your battle tag or PM me. I would greatly appreciate it because I really love this class, more than a warlock that I've been playing for 6 years. thank you all.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-m0x34nlm3menb04r/

My character name is rroguee- US nathrezim

I love to see people trying to improve themselves. I'm afraid I can't help having not played a rogue. Bump for you though.

What about my DPS? :|

Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    What about my DPS? :|
    You, I like you.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amat View Post
    I love to see people trying to improve themselves. I'm afraid I can't help having not played a rogue. Bump for you though.
    Haha well thank you kind sir, if you don't mind me asking, what class do you play?

1: On siegecrafter you used vendetta(2 min cooldown) twice and shadow blades twice in a 7:28 fight, you should have used vendetta at pull, 2, 4 and 6 minutes, sb at pull, 3 and 6 minutes
    2: you only had 76.8 % uptime on SnD and 79.1 % uptime on Rupture
    3: your low itemlevel weapons, missing gems and enchants, bad enchants(like 150 stamina on chest), bad choice of 535 and even missing the 1g leatherworking wrist enchant are also lowering your dps

Thats all i found from a quick look at siegecrafter and armory, too tired for a closer look, hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know this is not the answer you are looking for, but I'm going to give it to you anyway. If you want to do better damage you need to get better stats. Gems and enchants. If you want to do even better damage, get flasks, food and potions. Looking over your Siegecrafter log I'd say you are better of spending your time getting gold for gems and enchants than you are hitting the training dummy. Not only is it the easiest way, but it's also the fastest way.

Your SnD/rupture/envenom uptime looks good. Cooldowns are not used on cooldown. I don't believe there is much more to say about the performance.

Consider buying the valor trinket from Isle of Thunder. Pray for a couple new daggers.

Going to add a link to a reply to a similar thread. It seems fitting:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7818572985#11

Quote Originally Posted by nsgid View Post
    Haha well thank you kind sir, if you don't mind me asking, what class do you play?
    I play a hunter, I'd love to help but the nearest to rogue experience I have was leveling a feral druid and I probably wasn't even good at that (Combo points and waiting for energy apparently aren't for me).

Zoomgpally seems to have raised a couple of good points, pop them cooldowns right at the start and then as soon as you can every time, if a big trinket proc is coming up then save them for that, otherwise just pop 'em. Cooldown stacking will net you a boatload of damage once you get used to it.

Edit: I realised I only provided half the informaiton.

First of all you want an addon to monitor your trinkets (I use ExtraCD). Trinkets are usually, after weapons, your biggest boon. So what you want to do is line up those big damage cooldowns with those big procs. And the best way to do that is to know when your trinkets are ready to go.

Take the Shado-pan assault trinket for example. If you can time your big cooldowns right when you know it's procced you're gonna do some damage. Now, that's not to say you SHOULD wait for it, but if it's near, make the magic happen.

PM me if you've got any questions about all that, always happy to help.
    Last edited by Amat; 2013-10-25 at 03:30 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    2: you only had 76.8 % uptime on SnD and 79.1 % uptime on Rupture
    He died. characters

Haven't checked armory yet, but get dancing steel on your weapons as a first step. Next would be the legendary metagem.
    On siegecrafter you missed out on 1 vendetta, but besides that I haven't seen anything that serious.
    Lastly don't really want to influence your playstyle, but try subtetly out if you can. Currently it can do much higher dps than assa.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    Currently it can do much higher dps than assa.
    If you can play it properly and you have the gear for it (basically AoC of any type). Anyway yes, the damage sub can dish out is good.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I think one problem you're seeing is the weapon difference between playing a caster class and a melee class. You're used to playing a lock, and while weapons are very important for a caster class, they are far more important for a melee dps class. Having a similiar item level to your peers but having sub par weapons will result in a poor showing on the dps meters. Follow the guidance listed by posters above and save your extra roll coins for any boss that drops better weapons. Getting some decent weapons should be your number one gearing priority right meow.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggiva View Post
    He died. characters
    Silly me-.-

- - - Updated - - -

Looking into it a bit more:
    Your dps on siegecrafter was 71214.7, on paragons it was 63837.4 (not looking at effective dps, as dying pulls you down on that)
    A quick simulationcraft with all buffs, low latency, and elite player skill says you should do 91589.1 (that was with only 1000 iterations, im running another at 50k atm)

- - - Updated - - -

Simulationcraft results at 50k

Apart from the low cooldown usage, your dps seems good
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!