Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thejeremyftw View Post
    What I do know is that I was mesmerized, I disengaged, posthaste kicked in and I found myself going rather quickly toward the Kunchong. I was going quickly enough (and dps was turning to the kunchong slowly enough) that I was certain I was done and only prayed that maybe deterrence would mitigate enough damage to keep me from being one shot. It is possible the mesmerize was broken right at the last second. That being said, I'd been eaten once before last week and I noticed at that time it seemed I got eaten while still a couple yards away, and not right on top of the kunchong. I used deterrence when I was a few yards from the kunchong, went through him, and was at full hp with mesmerize over.

I agree with you completely in that this doesn't seem legit or intended. And in a perfect world, even if it was intended to work like this, it wouldn't be needed as dpsing the adds enough isn't difficult. For obvious reasons, I'm not keen on recreating the event. However, if I find myself in a similar situation, I'll certainly test it again and I'd appreciate anyone else doing the same. Basically, it's either a matter of perfect timing on multiple counts or deter being rather op in this lone circumstance.
    Something similar happened to me in Flex. DPS didn't switch fast enough and after disengaging I still reached the kunchongs hitbox. In desparation I deterrenced and in that moment our priest pulled me away from the kunchong, 100% alive. I am fairly sure that it was deterrence blocking the kunchong, but pulling me out of the kunchongs hitbox was vital, too. More testing ist definitely required...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhippa View Post
    I know. I was merely running with the joke, but perhaps it wasn't as well presented as I hoped.
    I thank you sir! /)

Another way to disengage onto the belt is to take the pipe with the debuff that prevents you from going up. It spits you back out. As it spits you out, disengage as your character gets to the top of the screen. Voila, you land on belt. You take about 120k fall damage though, so either be specced into spirit bond (best for that job anyways) or have a health stone ready if you are low.

This way is easier to do (though I do the other method more often as I learned the fight progressing as such).

Works on Heroic so I assume it works on normal, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Savedwow View Post
    Another way to disengage onto the belt is to take the pipe with the debuff that prevents you from going up. It spits you back out. As it spits you out, disengage as your character gets to the top of the screen. Voila, you land on belt. You take about 120k fall damage though, so either be specced into spirit bond (best for that job anyways) or have a health stone ready if you are low.

This way is easier to do (though I do the other method more often as I learned the fight progressing as such).

This is nice to know. I'm guessing if you picked Engineering, you could use Glider every 3rd(4th?) to prevent fall damage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Savedwow View Post

I tried this (I think) but I just got teleported to another pipe and pooped back at the original teleport platform :/ Will test both on flex to see if it was a one time bug

Quote Originally Posted by Ishilien View Post
    I tried this (I think) but I just got teleported to another pipe and pooped back at the original teleport platform :/ Will test both on flex to see if it was a one time bug
    If you are late on the disengage (or early), you will just get teleported out normally. It is fairly easy to replicate, however.

hunters can window venom thok before he eats one of the guys in the cages and it reduces the amount he heals from eating them, by 25%. makes a huge difference in heroic, like 3% each time and thats 3 times he heals for just from using widow venom it'll take 9% off the boss.

i forgot to mention that on thok in any dificulty you can cut his healing by 20% if you keep up widow venom on him when he is about to eat the guy from the prisions.

One guy says 20% and another says 25%. I'm just going to say that it affects the healing he does when he eats the guy from the prisons. If anyone would like to specify on how much it reduces it by, (I assume 25%, but I don't know) that would be great.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

this is 1 attempt that i forgot to use it on the boss and we didnt kill it because of it
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...D%22Mending%22

you can prolly say how much % is with that log.

39252328 with it
    52336440 wihtout it

is quite a bit, 11 mil (too bad dosnt count as dps lol) reduced by 1 gcd totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    One guy says 20% and another says 25%. I'm just going to say that it affects the healing he does when he eats the guy from the prisons. If anyone would like to specify on how much it reduces it by, (I assume 25%, but I don't know) that would be great.
    it's 25%, 99% positive on this.

wowhead shows it as 25% also.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    this is 1 attempt that i forgot to use it on the boss and we didnt kill it because of it

you can prolly say how much % is with that log.

39252328 with it
    52336440 wihtout it

is quite a bit, 11 mil (too bad dosnt count as dps lol) reduced by 1 gcd totally worth it.
    just did the math it is 25%

13084112(that number is from 52336440 minus 39252328) divided by 52336440 = 0.250000038214292 which is 25%

also just downed this boss tonight, have to say every bit of dps matters.
    Last edited by hareu; 2013-10-25 at 05:35 AM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good lord, a 10:31 wipe!

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    holy hell just realized that, you guys must have been milking every phase to the max, our kill was 8:46 and that was in his last fixate phase.

A (hopefully) working WA for Widow Venom on Thok.

Just in case you guys were interested. Shows duration and when it's removed. "Specific Target = Thok the Bloodthirsty" so you don't get spam on everything else. I tested on "Specific Target = Training Dummy" and it worked so..

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    if i had it widow venom on the boss it was a kill. i couldnt put it up because he was moving so fast that i couldnt catch him. it was also a panic moment and i totally forgot tbh. we had way too many wipes on him i was kinda tired.

is ok we got it yesterday http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11397&e=11884 fight is way overtuned in 10 man, the healing requirement is retarded, some of the mechanics are retarded, the dps check is retarded. im probably wrong but i think blackfuse is going to be easier than him for us, that guy almost kill our guild, our rogué was about to leave, we lost a healer and had to recruit another guy.

that guy(Thok) almost kill our guild, our rogué was about to leave, we lost a healer and had to recruit another guy.
    I counted about (23) on WoL for you guys.. That correct?

Why would the healer leave? and rogue almost? lol

I remember having 100+ wipes on H Rhyolith, because our drivers couldn't drive... >.<

Deleted
    "You can Disengage during Mesmerize to add some time (it doesn't go the full distance)."

I do think a warning ought to be posted here, that if you are talented for post-haste and try this, you will actually move at 60% increased movement speed towards the kun-chong.

Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    "You can Disengage during Mesmerize to add some time (it doesn't go the full distance)."

I do think a warning ought to be posted here, that if you are talented for post-haste and try this, you will actually move at 60% increased movement speed towards the kun-chong.
    Agreed as I mentioned the same a few days ago. I always have posthaste for the belt on blackfuse as I find it more useful than CTHC since the CD isn't really an issue. I forgot to spec out of it before paragons and when I got mesmerized I fortunately remembered and avoided using disengage. I didn't die, since I remembered, but it sucks not having the advantage of a bit more time.

Plus, with CTHC and AoC, if you're far enough away you can get more than one disengage in more often than not.

Deleted
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse : If you are targeted by a sawblade, you can Camouflage at the end of the boss cast and he will not launch it at you when you are stealthed

Prefer FD first over Camouflage (becasue Camouflage cost 20focus), but if FD is on CD its a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by Drairon View Post
    I counted about (23) on WoL for you guys.. That correct?

Why would the healer leave? and rogue almost? lol

I remember having 100+ wipes on H Rhyolith, because our drivers couldn't drive... >.<
    no, we had 89 pull, it wasnt the ammount of pulls, our mistweaver got mad because his healing was low and ppl were commenting on it. our rogué wants to leave because we still have couple of bad apples in our guild and he just want to progress faster.