Deleted
    So... I was searching for utopia and eotn (gw1) concept arts and found this : http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=108591

One of them reminds me of Zephyr Sanctum Labyrinthine Cliffs a little... is it just me or does anybody see it as well?
    Last edited by mmocf89c8b0f36; 2013-10-25 at 03:11 PM.

I can see the resemblance to Zephyr Sanctum

Just as an aside, that was probably my favorite update so far.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I can see the resemblance to Zephyr Sanctum

Just as an aside, that was probably my favorite update so far.
    What was so good about it? That's one of the ones I completely missed, so I have no idea what happened. It looked cool, steampunk floaty zepps and everything, so I'm not sure why I didn't play it.
    BAD WOLF

I just really liked the design of the new area. Plus adding all of the new movement skills was cool. That allowed for some interesting ways to try and get the sky crystals (was an achievement for that). Plus the tie in from GW1 of the zone (from Glint). I thought they might have used that to progress the story to the Crystal Desert but alas that wasn't so (at least not yet).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    What was so good about it? That's one of the ones I completely missed, so I have no idea what happened. It looked cool, steampunk floaty zepps and everything, so I'm not sure why I didn't play it.
    You're thinking of Aetherblade pirates with a steampunk theme. Zephyr Sanctum was all about kites, new movement skills in set in a background of gorgeous music, waterfalls, skipping and flipping around cliffs on the crystal hunt, fun mini games and great lore about the Zephyrites. I've heard it described as a love letter to the Cantha fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM1bJcHT2P0

You can get a feel for what it was like by playing Sanctum Sprint.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    I just really liked the design of the new area. Plus adding all of the new movement skills was cool. That allowed for some interesting ways to try and get the sky crystals (was an achievement for that). Plus the tie in from GW1 of the zone (from Glint). I thought they might have used that to progress the story to the Crystal Desert but alas that wasn't so (at least not yet).
    Hrm. Shame I missed it then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    You're thinking of Aetherblade pirates with a steampunk theme. Zephyr Sanctum was all about kites, new movement skills in set in a background of gorgeous music, waterfalls, skipping and flipping around cliffs on the crystal hunt, fun mini games and great lore about the Zephyrites. I've heard it described as a love letter to the Cantha fans.
    My description was misleading, but I'm thinking about the correct thing b/c I remember pictures of all the crazy floaty ships just like Sanctum Sprint, which is the only piece of content I got to do in that theme. When I think steampunk, I don't just think of clocks and dark lit victorian things.

I guess if davnici did steampunk is what I was envisioning. Actually, maybe just calling it Davincian would work. New style/genre? Maybe I need to trademark that. Bicycle zepplins, wood structures all out the wazoo, good stuff. I remember thinking I would have enjoyed it, but was busy and completely missed it. The first time I did Sanctum Sprint I was pretty sad I missed it just for aesthetics.

Oh well, maybe it will return next year in some fashion.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    It absolutely will return. ANet confirmed the Zephyrites need to visit us periodically for trade purposes. It was one of the brilliant things about the patch, we could convert surpluses of mats into other mats/currencies.

There was only one ship which was docked at the Labyrinthine Cliffs, I think that's why I'm thinking you're thinking it was Aetherblades

(and the Clockwork thing, you're definitely thinking Aetherblades)
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-10-25 at 04:35 PM.
    Valar morghulis

There was an event with the Aetherblade pirates in the Zephy Sanctum. So there is a very loose tie between the two.

Deleted
    Zephyr area map did look good, it had lots guessing that that`d be what gw2 version of Cantha type places could look like.
    I liked the looks of the place, but not the typical gw2s broken spells/lags that tended to kill you when just trying to use the four spells in that area.

The one thing the place tended to remind me of was the loading screen for Sorrow`s Furnace:

10+ Year Old Account
    Not nearly as dark as Sorrow's Furnace though.

Last edited by Karizee; 2013-10-25 at 04:53 PM.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, flying davinci ships. I said I wasn't thinking anything about clockwork. I handily defeated the tower this Halloween, no mention of clocks for a while.

Very good to hear it will come back though b/c it seemed that patch nailed their aesthetic very well. All their content is stylishly amazing, but that one really stood out to me. I've said this before, but it makes me think I probably should have stuck with GW1 for more than a few hours here and there because I feel like I missed out.

I also feel the same way about LotRO too, silly WoW requiring all of my time in the past. Thank god everything is so accessible now so I can play all the games!
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Well if you`ve time now there`s nothing stopping you popping into Guild Wars.
    It is even busy right now, what with the Mad Kings events, there`re plenty of folk all over the place, even in some far off spots I didn`t expect to see anyone.
    May even get yourself some points for nice shiny HoM toys

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, I played this patch. I tried to motivate myself to stick it out past the meta to get every single achievement, but those require lots of play and time that I just don't have. I got my home candy corn node though, so I did complete something. Part of my problem with GW2 is that I want to make 101 alts and then I don't want to play my higher classes.

It's not a huge problem, but I do succumb to the psychological negatives of leveling looming over my head in that game. I have an engineer at 60, warrior at 70, and ranger at 80. I was so into the ranger for a time, but now I never play it. Currently have a mesmer in the 30's, but I feel like I'm going to tire of that class as well.

Part of it is my fault b/c I'm a completionist and want to max out my professions and all that jazz, but really I should just be power leveling so I can do the higher level content. It doesn't help that the aesthetic in GW2 is so good I always want to make a new character. Oh well, nerd world problems.
    BAD WOLF

I try to keep the attitude that GW 2 is a journey, not a destination. There's tons of stuff to do and explore and I'll get there eventually. It's not a race to the top, and no sub fee means some of the pressure to play is alleviated. The way the Living Story works does impose some limits, but those are mostly cosmetic toys and not always of importance to me.

Simply put, if you get tired, stop and rest! The game isn't going anywhere for some time, so enjoy the trip.

10+ Year Old Account
    just wasted 26g worth of globs (80) on discovery for an item worth 2s

and so im feeling depressed and wish i could either wipe it from my memory or go back in time to prevent it

I wonder which old story threads they'll start plucking at first? Mursaat? Cantha? Or Elona? While I'm interested in the Mursaat, and I'd love to see Cantha again, I really wanna see Palawa Joko return. He was about the best villain they created in the original GW and I would love to see him return to menace the land again. I'd especially like to see him pop up and slap Scarlet Briar around like a red-petalled stepchild and mock her as a rank amateur.

well there are lots of places they can go even just on tyria

not sure if they will jump to Cantha or Elona just yet before we go to places like the Crystal Desert.

well there are lots of places they can go even just on tyria

not sure if they will jump to Cantha or Elona just yet before we go to places like the Crystal Desert.
    That's the thing, from what I understand Palawa Joko moved the seat of his empire TO the Crystal Desert after he dammed the Elon River and cut off the supply of water to Vabbi and Kourna.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    That's the thing, from what I understand Palawa Joko moved the seat of his empire TO the Crystal Desert after he dammed the Elon River and cut off the supply of water to Vabbi and Kourna.
    Wiki (which ofc can be wrong) says he's still ruling from his Bone Palace in Desolation. But they're pretty close to each other so mebe he did.

Reading up on it, I doubt it, as the wiki also says the Crystal Desert is contested by minions of Zhaitan and Kralkatorrik. Joko still rules the Desolation and the southern parts of the Desert. So he's probably still entrenched in the Bone Palace. But with Zhaitan's defeat, who knows how the balance of power has shifted there in the Desert?