Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Server balance problems? Let's just make shit even worse!
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Deleted
    Opening a new server to achiev these 2 goals would be very lame....
    I'd rather see them open new servers that were drasticlly different (e.g expanisons)
    Just my personal thought though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Simple enough answer: Connected Realms!

- - - Updated - - -

Except that Challenge Modes are tuned harder than heroics and bosses have additional mechanics. It's not just a timer.

After reading the person you quoted, you may have already been aware of this. If so, please disregard :P
    I know what you mean. But it's that timer that takes away part of the fun. The devs believe we all like "time attack" dungeon runs. I like to chill and take my time with harder content.

ot: I really hope connected realms aren't complex. Really looking forward to it since my realm is close to dead.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2013-10-25 at 01:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    No transferring of toons to or off this server.
    So people have to roll new toons there? Or are you imagining an invite-only strategy?

The first is fine although I don't see a lot of the people you envision as candidates for the realm scrapping their current characters to do this. So in this case you have....hard-core alts I guess. That's difficult to imagine working since many players are naturally devoted to the toons they've spent a long time playing.

The second is unrealistic and wouldn't work in any case. Eventually some undesirable would go rogue and start inviting all sorts of other undesirables and you're back where you started. On a realm with a lot of people you don't want to play with.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-10-25 at 01:37 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

So you want them to make an entire new kind of server....so that you can put in two changes that only affect instanced content?

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    So you want them to make an entire new kind of server....so that you can put in two changes that only affect instanced content?
    What would be even more awesome, a Burning Crusade server. Same rules apply.

A gated wow community for people who think they are better than 99.999999% of the player population? What will you call it, Special Snowflake? And how will this community manage itself? While it is strutting round SW or Org being all superior and Uber, who is going to be filling the AH with mats for you? People so uber will not be fishing or herbing or mining for you, making flasks and enchants, unless of course you expect this special snowflake server will have an AH filled by BLizz with cheap things. O maybe just everything you want bought at vendors?
    Sounds more and more like a private server.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    A gated wow community for people who think they are better than 99.999999% of the player population? What will you call it, Special Snowflake? And how will this community manage itself? While it is strutting round SW or Org being all superior and Uber, who is going to be filling the AH with mats for you? People so uber will not be fishing or herbing or mining for you, making flasks and enchants, unless of course you expect this special snowflake server will have an AH filled by BLizz with cheap things. O maybe just everything you want bought at vendors?
    Sounds more and more like a private server.
    Your self esteem issues aren't my issues. I don't think that and I don't know why you should either.

Deleted
    A Server with only 1 Player? Genious Idea! ....

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    Don't do LFR. Challenge modes. I don't understand how this is any different then live servers. Is this like a dedicated server where only the Elite 1% goes? Like their own personal island. What would this solve?
    I don't think the OP is solely complaining about LFR. If the option is there, the server reputation/community goes out the window. As much as I love the dungeon finder and other LFG systems in place, I had much more interaction with my server without it. That is a good thing and a bad thing, the Internet is full of douchebags and the lfg system promotes that in a way but it also allows us to get things started faster. Back the OP and other responses that I have read so far, I think it is a good idea - those that say "don't do lfr", I say, don't join the server that the 1% wants in on.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

I think you meant genius....

Infracted: Please do not make posts solely to correct someone's spelling. Thanks. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-10-25 at 03:08 AM.

This is kind of an off topic observation, but it's amusing to me that people still blame LFR for WoW's bad community when the most hair-raising bone-chilling crazy batsh*t vicious threads on the forums tend to be the LFR bashing threads. Bahahaha

Disclaimer: This isn't directed at the OP, just the LFR threads in general over the past two years /popcorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    PVE
    PVP
    RP
    RP-PVP

and Shit- or "tryhard" depending on how big you think you are
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Your self esteem issues aren't my issues. I don't think that and I don't know why you should either.
    What you are proposing is a server for a selective few who has this unrelenting hatred for LFR and all those who find enjoyment in LFR. Even though the LFR and these people who do LFR has no impact at all to your gameplay. If anything, LFR should be welcome by people like you because there is now little to no justification for Blizzard to apply nerfs to Normal and Heroic Raiding to help people see the end content. So the challenge to complete Normal and Heroic remains constant.

Yet you and other LFR haters still champion for its removal and are now even proposing segregation from others. I guess some people just need to have to a superior complex, whether it be race, religion, education etc. Now it is how to play a video game.

I have a question for the OP, would this server qualify as a PVP Realm or a PVE Realm?

I ask, because a "hardcore" server should absolutely be a PVP server as well, but I'd imagine that the OP would prefer it to be PVE. Seems like the type that talks big but complains a lot when he gets ganked.
    Last edited by turboblake; 2013-10-25 at 04:24 PM.

In a sea of bad ideas, this is another one that floats to the top.

On top of which, this isn't a new idea. We've had the same kind of "suggestion" here before. With the same kinds of comments.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

All this would do is create a server full of elitist a-holes posting all over forums the usual QQ, no thanks.

And I do prefer a challenge, but that's going too far.

LFR is perfect for Blizzard, now everyone can see the hard work through story and art and (some) epic fights, they put into raids instead of 10% of the playerbase, do you really think they will stop that?

Half the people that moan about LFR, especially on forums, don't even do LFR it's ridiculous, don't like it, don't do it, go craft the higher ilevel epics. get your friends and do flex or normal

LFR is GOOD, it's the people that ruin it, and Blizzard can't do sweet FA about that, I would like it if they made the system check for missing gems and enchants upon queuing though, that's the only thing that actually bugs me about LFR.
    Last edited by Toiran; 2013-10-25 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    What you are proposing is a server for a selective few who has this unrelenting hatred for LFR and all those who find enjoyment in LFR. Even though the LFR and these people who do LFR has no impact at all to your gameplay. If anything, LFR should be welcome by people like you because there is now little to no justification for Blizzard to apply nerfs to Normal and Heroic Raiding to help people see the end content. So the challenge to complete Normal and Heroic remains constant.
    The kicker is that for people who are doing flex, normal or heroic raids, LFR is a non issue. And just look at who the people are that propose this kind of stupid stuff. These are people who have a hair up their ass about LFR (and some other things), so they continue to irritate the rest of us who just want to be left alone to discuss interesting things in peace.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

I agree LFR is resembling a digital dinosaur with each passing patch and flex raids might've turned LFR into fossil fuel. However, you can solve the issues LFR creates by making the medium lag by one tier. So when ppl start doing SOO, the doors of LFR would open for TOT. This gives ppl the opportunity to see the raids and gear up for the current tier. And, Blizzard would be the happiest because ppl would not unsub when they complete an LFR tier, everyone wins.

As far as a "true" heroic hard mode, it kind of exists, it's called "challenge mode." But, if you really really want a super hard mode and you enjoy laboring through a dungeon for 2 hours, I may not want the same, but I would be willing to trumpet your cause. I don't think you need to create a whole new server for that sort thing, that's kind of ridiculous, but you can create a mode tougher than heroic mode and create a true challenge mode system and not simply a race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    I agree LFR is resembling a digital dinosaur with each passing patch and flex raids might've turned LFR into fossil fuel. However, you can solve the issues LFR creates by making the medium lag by one tier. So when ppl start doing SOO, the doors of LFR would open for TOT. This gives ppl the opportunity to see the raids and gear up for the current tier. And, Blizzard would be the happiest because ppl would not unsub when they complete an LFR tier, everyone wins.

As far as a "true" heroic hard mode, it kind of exists, it's called "challenge mode." But, if you really really want a super hard mode and you enjoy laboring through a dungeon for 2 hours, I may not want the same, but I would be willing to trumpet your cause. I don't think you need to create a whole new server for that sort thing, that's kind of ridiculous, but you can create a mode tougher than heroic mode and create a true challenge mode system and not simply a race.
    All indications are that LFR participation is several times greater than all other raid modes put together. Blizzard isn't going to lock the majority out of new content for months because a few snowflakes have some self-serving cockamamie theory on why letting them be special again will magically keep people subscribed. Deal with it.