Poll: Which is the most sought after DPS class for Raiding?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Blizz fucked over locks this expansion. So tired of smelling that fotm stink.
    And still we see more locks then any other class in 25 man top of the line progression :P

Quote Originally Posted by Draahl View Post
    And still we see more locks then any other class in 25 man top of the line progression :P
    I'm not disagreeing with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do flex on my Warlock, Hunter, Mage, and Shadow Priest... When joining SoO (flex) my Warlock rarely sits around for longer than 2 or 3 minutes. My Hunter (for spell haste) seems to be in next highest demand. My Mage is hit or miss, and the biggest question I get on my Priest is "Do you have a Disc OS?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrypowdah View Post
    You can never have enough warlocks.
    This, even in rbgs you can stack locks. 2 shadowpriest? No, 2 warlocks? Hell yeah!.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Warlock because of everything stated in this thread. healthstones, demonic gate, top dps.

Deleted
    Warlocks and boomkins i think. Both have awesome utility, high dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    Warlocks and boomkins i think. Both have awesome utility, high dps.
    If the boomkin is played right

Arms Warriors on cleave/aoe fights.

1. Excellent damage on Cleave/AOE
    2. Vigilance, Demo Banner + Rally Cry survival cooldowns.
    3. Skull Banner raid damage cooldown
    4. Good personal survival with Die by the Sword, Shield Wall (on pretty short cooldowns with evil eye), defensive stance + self heal ability
    5. Excellent mobility with Heroic Leap, 2x charge + 1x intervene.

Still, there are situations that arise where a ranged can avoid shit and not take damage in the first place. Dark Shamans for example is chaos as a melee, even though an Arms warrior can do very high dps he is also much more likely to die than any ranged class. Not to mention the fact that in single target the spec is laclustre at best.

Warlock is not surprising as the No1, top dps in both single target and aoe, great survival and utility.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Warlocks have been OP all expansion, have ridiculous utility as well as amazing survivability. They are also historically one of the least played classes, hence they are the most in demand.

Warlock hands down. Maybe in 10man getting all the buffs is hard but it 25 man it isn't so Hunters being able to bring all the buffs doesn't really do anything for them. I'm told Hunters are not sacks of shit this tier (I do not raid anymore) but before they were pretty much a meh dps.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Arms Warriors on cleave/aoe fights.
    Except for Galakras arms is pretty much worthless imo.
    But well the result of the vote pretty much speaks for itself. Warlocks easily won this addon - it's not even a contest. There is a reason that there are 10mans running two warlocks. As a second I'd probably name rogues at least in 25hc content. Decent raid cd, very high survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Except for Galakras arms is pretty much worthless imo.
    But well the result of the vote pretty much speaks for itself. Warlocks easily won this addon - it's not even a contest. There is a reason that there are 10mans running two warlocks. As a second I'd probably name rogues at least in 25hc content. Decent raid cd, very high survivability.
    Arms will do very high dps on

Fallen Defenders
    Sha of Pride
    Galakras
    Dark Shamans
    Spoils of Pandaria
    Paragons
    Garrosh

That is just damage, not counting the excellent utility, mobility and survival. "Arms is pretty much worthless" is a pretty worthless statement. Nobody is arguing that Warlocks are not top.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I lold at the results, but it's incredibly true.

Other classes and specs are useful, but once you get all buffs and you're set on raid utility.. well you would be pretty silly to look at anything but a warlock. They do insane damage, whether it's straight up single target, cleave, traditional AoE or multi dot. They have incredible mobility with proper positioning of portals and proper use of burning rush. Lastly even after some adjustments throughout the expansion they are one of the most durable DPS classes in the entire game and have a much larger room for error on things that would kill most other DPS.

Well, that poll seems about right. DPS benchmarks change for every class every patch, but Warlocks have some incredible utility that never goes away; they have Demonic Gateway and they have healthstones. On top of this, they have some pretty fantastic CC, various other utilities tied to their pets, and a lot of beneficial personal utility like portals, a psuedo-invulnerability effect, a powerful damage reduction cooldown, a healing+amplifying cooldown, etc. Combine that with the ever-present power of multidotting and you have a consistently powerful and always-useful class.

Hell, they're even a bres class and have a stamina pool that makes plate-wearers jealous. What DON'T Warlocks have?
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2013-10-26 at 05:51 AM.

Good moonkins are the most sought after in my experience. They are so rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    These poll results made me chuckle. Balanced much

Opinion polls don't reflect balance accurately.

Warlocks bring amazing utility this expac, it would be them without a doubt.

However good warlocks are hard to find in my personal experience.

Deleted
    Warlocks and boomkins.
    Warriors if they were ranged to boost the above's already ridiculous damage.

The funny thing is I been having hunter and warlock main for over 5 years rofl but I do love the fuck out of my lock more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilvaldi View Post
    I prefer to bring the player not the class...
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

This must be some sort of joke aimed at blizzard :P