Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Just had to react to this. In the Blizz blue post, they say;

On the Horde side, it's going to be super cool to have a raid in your own home town
    No.

NO it's NOT. It's boring ! If I wanted to raid a city, I'd go PvP or whatever.

I play Alliance at the moment, and I still think it's boring as hell.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is a saying.

Power is best wielded by those who don't seek it.

having this in mind, there could not have been a better warchief than Vol'jin - "I am not worthy".
    Lorthemar sorta seeks power by the pure fact of being a blood elf. I don't even want to know what gally would do if he had power, and give sylvanas power and all other races will be extinguished with the plague and reincarnate as undead.

Baine would've been the only other option, but he is no man of action, so Voljin is the only reasonable remaining.
    Last edited by xebtria; 2013-10-26 at 11:44 AM.

I agree; it should've been Lor'themar. I was looking forward to all those "hardcore" Horde player tears when they'd have a Blood Elf at the fore of their faction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    No.

NO it's NOT. It's boring ! If I wanted to raid a city, I'd go PvP or whatever.

I play Alliance at the moment, and I still think it's boring as hell.
    keep in mind, actually only one boss and a lot of trash is really in "my hometown".
    Dark Shamans. + Part of the Trash leading to Nazgrim.

Nazgrim himself is in a modified version of ragefire chasm, and after nazgrim it is something that never was part of "my hometown" - a big dungeon beneath it in the style of it which was never there and to today is only present within the raid, but not in the actual town.
    Galakras is in Durotar and the only thing about juggernaut and Orgrimmar is the silhouette of the entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    There is a saying.

Power is best wielded by those who don't seek it.

having this in mind, there could not have been a better warchief than Vol'jin - "I am not worthy".
    But in a brutal world like Azeroth those who dont seek power and gain it have it quickly taken away from them by those who do seek power!

Vol'jin better be up for the job cause the guy has a shit ton of shit in his inbox tray like the crippling resource problem, Building bridges with whats left of the orcs, The Forsaken, The Alliance licking there chops to grab what they can during the upheaval, Jaina who obviously didnt get her pound of flesh, Whats to come in 6.0, etc etc

Vol'jin start beeing warchief sins 5.5 patch, not for now, so there is no base to judge him as a warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Don't like it either. Horde should have Orc Warchief imo, it's just how it was and should stay, especially when we got Saurfang
    And why should we have a orc warchief? That is like the americans saying, we should have a white president, it's just how it was and should be?

Go away, I am happy we are getting a Troll warchief, no longer will we have to endure under the bad and brutal orcs.. I just hope Vol'jin won't change to much with this new position
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    I just hope Vol'jin won't change to much with this new position
    Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

The title of Warchief is a dictatorship theres no bones about that

His word is god its written in the oath of the horde thou shall do what my Warchief tells me to do and thats it

Unless he decides to split his power to a council which i cant see him doing then vol'jin is no better than garrosh

10+ Year Old Account
    I have mixed feelings. I think he's a solid leader and could really do some good for the faction if given a chance. He's also my personal favourite for the job.

At the same time, he has the same stigma Lor'themar has: he's not Thrall, and he's not an orc. The playerbase killed Garrosh with its constant whinging over him, and I'm worried they'll do the same to Vol'jin.

Alas, time will tell.

only roleplayers care about warchief anyway

Blizzard absolutely loves trolls, and they want you to love them as well. So look for even more troll content in the future.

Trolls.

Deleted
    If we had a perfect warchief the other leaders wouldn't consider stepping out of line and following their own agendas. (lich-queen)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    At the same time, he has the same stigma Lor'themar has: he's not Thrall, and he's not an orc. The playerbase killed Garrosh with its constant whinging over him, and I'm worried they'll do the same to Vol'jin.
    Actually my problem with him is he is exactly like Thrall. He is a "savage" kind of guy.

Having Lor'themar would have at least brought some interesting changes to the Horde. Instead we got Thrall 2.0. Back to square one. It's almost as if Thrall never left.

Deleted
    It seems everyone has forgotten how people reacted on Garrosh becoming Warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengamer08 View Post
    I'm quite fine with it Rather excited actually
    Ditto. Lor'themar is too disconnected from the Horde, Sylvanas uses it as a buffer against the Alliance, Gallywix only cares about the Cartel's bottom line, Baine is too indecisive, and Ji's the Johnny-come-lately who was never in the running. The orcs have essentially shattered any chance they have at retaining a position of power thanks to Garrosh and the Kor'kron. Rexxar barely wants anything to do with civilization--he specifically turned down Thrall's offer for a place of honor in Orgrimmar because he preferred the wild. Saurfang would have been a choice if he was built up in MoP like Vol'jin and Lor'themar were. That leaves Vol'jin, who was built up for the role by acting as the catalyst for the Horde Civil War on his return after the events of Shadows of the Horde, where he eschews being Thrall Lite for returning to his roots as a shadow hunter and a follower of Bwonsamdi.

Truth be told, I'm interested in seeing how someone like Vol'jin runs the Horde, especially since it seems Sylvanas plans on testing his mettle before settling in and acknowledging him as her Warchief.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Whats with the ''Saurfang is too old so he can't be warchief'' thing? Look at Cairne, the guy was ancient, yet he managed to lead his people to Mulgore, building up Thunder Bluff and stuff. Saurfang still manages to cleave thousands of enemies, even in SoO.

Just because he's old doesn't mean he can't make good decisions, or be a poor fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Truth be told, I'm interested in seeing how someone like Vol'jin runs the Horde, especially since it seems Sylvanas plans on testing his mettle before settling in and acknowledging him as her Warchief.
    All being well he'll lop off her head, shrink it, and have it hanging from his belt. That said, there are so many wonderful candidates for killing her off; i'm hoping for Genn personally, as I expect patch 5.5 (judging from Varian's post-Garrosh-death dialogue) will entail at least partially, if not chiefly, the reclamation of Gilneas.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    For the first time ever I agree with this OP. Only took 585 threads. A troll has no right to lead the horde since trolls are the least numbered in the horde.
    Awful argument.

Vol'jin is the only choice, and he's a good one. He's a good leader, a keen diplomat (usually), level headed, but rile him up and he'll murder you without you even knowing he's coming. He's going to shake the Horde up, take it back to its honourable brotherhood state, and kick a large amount of ass in the process.

You know who was meh as Warchief? Garrosh. Do I need to remind you how people reacted to him when they found out?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Whats with the ''Saurfang is too old so he can't be warchief'' thing? Look at Cairne, the guy was ancient, yet he managed to lead his people to Mulgore, building up Thunder Bluff and stuff. Saurfang still manages to cleave thousands of enemies, even in SoO.

Just because he's old doesn't mean he can't make good decisions, or be a poor fighter
    His age isn't a factor. His inexperience being a government official is. He's a soldier, not a politician or a diplomat. He knows this, and he knows his place isn't leading. He's a fighter, a battle winner, the go-to guy.

Hate this idea as well but what can we do...

Vol'jin can't even decide on a class and he should be deciding what's best for The Horde?

Used to be more like a hunter and rerolled Shaman recently probably to be Thrall #2.

troll, master race, theres no discussion :3