Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    everything would feel off if the next warchief wasnt a well known orc or troll. taurens, blood elfs, and goblins(not all) certainly will never have much pull in wow, im sorry but they are secondary at this point. while undead are pretty big, sylvanas hasnt done much in recent times, so it would be kinda weird for her to become warchief "hey undead lady, if uh you arent doing anything right now do you mind becoming the warcheif of the horde for a few mmmkay? also considering the undead dont really care much for the horde(established from wrathgate) its not not going to happen

10+ Year Old Account
    No Shoes No Service! The chant of the Horde warriors flocking to join Sylvanas in a new Faction.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Would have been more fun if it was lore'themar, but voljin's fine imo.

Vol'jin is Horde. He was there with our founding in Durotar alongside Thrall. He understands the Horde as he welcomes us as brothers.

I salute my Warchief and will serve him. Lok'tar Ogar!

Deleted
    It feels wrong i totaly agree..

And voljin wont lead from senjin village.. He will lead from ogrimmar.. So yes the trolls will make ogrimmar their city now.. He wont be alone in a city full of orcs that just some weeks ago wanted to wipe the horde from the "lesser races".. You can expect a large troll force in ogrimmar now kinda like it happened in undercity..

So yes the orcs will be on a tigth leash under voljin..

The story could have taken many routes to make the aliance happy and the horde players happy aswell.. The voljin choice split the horde player base.. Part of the player base hates the choice.. Another part likes it.. The last part dosent care..

And the bad thing is.. With garrosh we always knew he was going to leave the throne at some point.. But with voljin? We can expect him leadin the horde for a good couple years.. Probably until the game ends.. One of the big reasons that if my guild transfers in a not very far away future im thinking of changing us to the aliance side.. The story is a lot more consistent.. They dont make bloody gnomes the high king..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Whats with the ''Saurfang is too old so he can't be warchief'' thing? Look at Cairne, the guy was ancient, yet he managed to lead his people to Mulgore, building up Thunder Bluff and stuff. Saurfang still manages to cleave thousands of enemies, even in SoO.

Just because he's old doesn't mean he can't make good decisions, or be a poor fighter
    Totaly agree dude.. Just cause a leader is old dosent mean he cant rule.. Its the complete oposite..

15+ Year Old Account
    Voljins "new" Voice Actor is http://wowpedia.org/Dave_Fennoy btw. So i'd say we have a pretty badass warchief :P Trolls ftw! =3
    Druid since Feb. 06

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tellin you guys... Lor'themar would've turned the Horde from a group of survivors into a civilized world power capable of diplomacy and order. The Horde has been a ragtag group for long enough. What's Vol'jin gonna do? Keep us in the sticks and stone age? Guess it all depends on how you like your Horde served, as it were.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by sthings View Post
    thats what they said about obama too
    did you really just compare a character in a fictional universe completely in control by its creators who could LITERALLY do anything to a real life person?

thats like someone asking me "hey why dont you have super powers, spider-man has super powers"

i seriously hope you were joking

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    I'm tellin you guys... Lor'themar would've turned the Horde from a group of survivors into a civilized world power capable of diplomacy and order. The Horde has been a ragtag group for long enough. What's Vol'jin gonna do? Keep us in the sticks and stone age? Guess it all depends on how you like your Horde served, as it were.
    the problem with lor'themar being warchief is that the blood elves dislike the majority of the horde.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Hey guys, whats the problem, he is going to be killed by Jaina in few months, and Blizzard will put Thrall as the warchief again, and Jaina is the next evil (no sources, just speculating)

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    I would argue that if Blizzard spent enough time developing it, we could easily at least have a Dwarven High King. Varian is currently the only viable leader because Blizzard hasn't set up anyone else for the role. But given another expansion and a novel or two, and things could very easily change.
    He is the only viable one because Blizzard slandered anyone else to make him look better.
    Tyrande, leader of her people for more than 10000 years and having fought in several wars and countless battles and being a accomplished acher has to learn patience form a former gladiator? Really?

Deleted
    Cairne was actually the perfect choice, unfortunately he's dead.

Bain is too inexperienced

Lor'themore almost dumped the Horde

Sylvanas is unstable

Gallywix is well disliked by everybody

Vol'jin is the logical choice

Vol'jin is awesome.

High King Mekkatorque would be way better than Varian (or Anduin lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Tyrande, leader of her people for more than 10000 years and having fought in several wars and countless battles and being a accomplished acher has to learn patience form a former gladiator? Really?
    theres no evidence tyrandes fought in many wars. and shes gotten captured loads of times. tyrandes always been dumb and headstrong, shes a poor leader and im tired of night elf fanboys acting like shes some super person who got knocked off a pedastal.

tyrande has next to no experience fighting the horde or their tactics, varians lived among the horde he knows the horde better than most of the alliance.

theres more lore about tyrande getting captured or kidnapped or lost then there is of her winning any battles and pretty much anytime she DOES win a battle shes backed up by some bigger more important character
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    I don't see why he is a bad choice. So far, the two Orcs within the World of Warcraft series have been terrible leaders. Thrall had failed to defend the lands, and even so close to Orgrimmar such as Ashenvale and the Southern Barrens are now riddled with the Alliance.
    Now riddled? They were there first (Durotar as well):P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sidenorna View Post
    No it was troll territory before it was night elf.
    Dinosaurs might have been there even earlier

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the problem with lor'themar being warchief is that the blood elves dislike the majority of the horde.
    No! It's the opposite. The playerbase hates blood elves. They always have. They hate us because we're pretty! People treat the event where Lor'themar considers faction changing as a moment of weakness, but it shows the blood elves are level headed and can be diplomatic. After Garrosh, a warmongering ragemonkey that wanted the decimation of like, everything, you'd think Lor'themar would be the smartest choice because of his civility. He considered leaving the Horde because Garrosh would've most likely tried to wipe out his race, and Lor'themar always does what's best for his people, so he sought a way out but also considered rebellion, which in the end, is what it came to. If his people were the whole of the Horde, I think he would look after everyones interests. Lor'themar just seems like the nicest guy! Vol'jin is a tribal savage guy who pretty much created the rebellion because of a personal rivalry against Garrosh. It turned out of course that this rebellion was actually necessary for more than just revenge, but still. He just doesn't seem like much of a leader, what did he ever lead? His father's people that followed him only in respect to Sen'jin.

-edit-

And another thing! I think Vol'jin was only made Warchief because Thrall knows him. When have Thrall and Lor'themar ever conversed in the game? The other races of the Horde sort of neglect Blood Elf existence. If Thrall knew Lor'themar on the same level as Vol'jin, the "vote" would've been much closer. Wait, who gave Thrall permission to just decide a new leader anyway? I know he likes to say he simply handed the mantle over to Garrosh temporarily but even when he saved us from the Cataclysm he didn't come back. I assume from that that Thrall was done. Then WE topple the warchief and Thrall comes in all politically powerful acting like he still has the right to declare Warchief? Whatever, I'm ranting now.

-another edit-

ONE MO THING! Horde players often say that Blood Elves don't fit in with the whole band of wayward survivors style of the Horde, which is just complete poppycock! Blood Elves faced extinction and survived, they even named themselves Blood Elves for it, that's some gangsta shit right there (Crip Elves would've sounded lame). They're the most ragtag group of survivors really, it's just that not all of their fancy civilized buildings crumbled so they still have something to show for.
    Last edited by Duravian; 2013-10-26 at 05:15 PM.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Does that matter? The proximity to Horde territory makes it a threat, so allowing your enemy to consolidate their forces and operate freely in the area is foolish. In War, the excuse; "We were here first" rarely holds up as a good defense.
    Of course, but the real problem was choosing/keeping Orgrimmar in the first place. It is too close to tjese terretories traditionally owned by non horde populations.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    We can judge him plenty from what's already written, he was one of the worst choices they could have made. Lor'themar or Sylvanas would have been better, and I cannot stand either of them. Also

Originally Posted by J. Allen Brack
    Can you tell us a bit more about the upcoming raid on Orgrimmar?
    Sure. We haven't designed very much of it right now, we just know we do want to have the recognition from the Horde and Alliance that we have to depose Garrosh as the leader of the Horde and reinstate Thrall as Warchief. I'm really excited about it from a player perspective, because I think if you're an Alliance player, the idea about doing a raid into the heart of your enemies capital is really satisfying, and deposing the enemy leader is super gratifying. On the Horde side, it's going to be super cool to have a raid in your own home town, and who doesn't want Thrall to be the leader of the Horde? (Source)
    Thanks Blizzard.
    In their defense, not many wanted Thrall back. He went too hippie, I think I read he turned vegan too...

I'd rather have had Sylvanas though, bring on the plague cannons!
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Oh, I forgot, Vol'jin's a new character that hasn't had a piss poor record over the years that we can use to judge how he will be as Warchief.

So basically we should take what Blizzard says with a grain of salt because clearly they can't live up to their word anymore.
    Holy shit stop acting like a fucking baby. Blizzard will obviously change Vol'Jin's character according to his warchief title(I think he's fine now to be honest) and what, do you want Blizzard to always tell us what's going to happen next? They change the lore according to how things turn out, so there were obviously changes from the original plan.
    Last edited by TheAmazingFeedz; 2013-10-26 at 05:21 PM.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Deleted
    The current Horde is not the orc-centered faction it used to be in the days of the original Horde. It has changed, it opened up to other races thanks to Thrall, who sought to create the new Horde for any that required shelter and aid.
    With Garrosh's True Horde the majority of the Orcs have once again proven to be just as racist as their young Warchief who grew up in an Orc-only enviroment.
    Thrall, Saurfang, Rexxar.. people have to realise they can't be Warchief with the Orcs' current position of trust within the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    According to what source?

I am really curious now.
    What choice would have made the entire Horde and Alliance happy?
    the horde allied with the amani during the second war, they burned their forests, they killed many of their people. not to mention most of the hordes races arent exactly "pretty"

the blood elves really shouldve been alliance but i guess the whole gameplay trumps story thing always comes first.

just because blizzard wrote the blood elves disliking the alliance now doesnt mean they are all of a sudden buddies with the horde, they just currently dislike the horde less than they dislike the alliance.