Poll: Would you like to play Paladin as a Gnome?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    Gnomes can play as Priest, a spiritual class that follows the light.
    They can already be a Warrior or Death Knight, so we know they can carry a plate armor and use shield or two two-handed weapons.

Gnomes are also close with the Dwarfs that have always been Paladins.

So I think they should, and we could be playing Gnome Paladins in the next expansion.
    Only if we get Trolls, Undead, and Worgen added to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    They have two okay racials, the reduced falling damage and the bonus rested XP, not that great compared to a straight out AP boost and expertise boost of orcs
    XP is useless at endgame.

Their food racial is good. Double benefits, instead of a 300 strength food, they can get 600.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have two okay racials, the reduced falling damage and the bonus rested XP, not that great compared to a straight out AP boost and expertise boost of orcs
    Those aren't 600 of a primary stat passively is pretty great though...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Those aren't 600 of a primary stat passively is pretty great though...
    It also gets expensive quick. Plus, not having to reforge/gem 1% into expertise opens up more secondary stats

10+ Year Old Account
    It also gets expensive quick. Plus, not having to reforge/gem 1% into expertise opens up more secondary stats
    There's so much expertise nowadays on gear, it honestly doesn't make as much of a difference as you're implying.

Also, there's no excuse for raiding without +300 food, regardless of how expensive it is...

Unlocking all race/class combinations would be nice, and actually make things more interesting. Problem is people who care more about keeping their lore ducks in a row than game play will throw a temper tantrum.
    Im sorry, but when you just up and throw lore out the windo for the sake of shallow and pointless "improvements", it ultimately does FAR more damage to the game then any precieved benefit.

There are a number of very good reason that they limit race / class combinations, and despite what you might think, actually paying at least some attention to the rules of the lore is pretty high up on that list.

Gnome paladins make very little sense. Hell, gnome warriors make almost as little sense as paladins.

Just throwing this out there:

Priests and Paladins aren't entirely the same beast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It's already ridiculous that they can be Warriors, DKs, Priests and Mages.
    Don't really see an issue with Gnomes being Mages. None at all, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    There's so much expertise nowadays on gear, it honestly doesn't make as much of a difference as you're implying.

Also, there's no excuse for raiding without +300 food, regardless of how expensive it is...
    275 is enough, 300 is a waste of gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've come to be okay with "Any race, any class" at this point of the game progression, it is clear that "The Player Character" is intended as a very special being (like a benevolent mary sue) and the story constantly praises you with how awesome and unique you are, regardless of how many players with Legendary cloaks are hanging around.

So unless you are a roleplayer, the whole restriction is kinda moot, and bad roleplay will exist regardless of these restrictions (shut out at all those half demon/blood elf/nigh elf 2 million years old characters who are destined to bring on the apocalypse)

I've always disregarded small details in fantasy games, but , perhaps due to my developed hate towards gnomes and their players, I just can't get past the fact that this race is given the DK and Warrior class when their arm reach prevents them from even touching the back of their head and combine with their size they wouldn't even pose a treat to an emo pre-teen.

Yes please.. would reroll in a sec.

Deleted
    Yes and goblins too. Anything less is just sizeism.

That lore shit about being in the light and whatnot is irrelevant, this is a game, not a religion.

I like how you talk about diversity when most of the Alliance play human just for a trinket.

Take off the blind fold. There is no reason at this point why every race shouldn't be able to be every class. They've been around each other for years. You would think they would know how to do other stuff by now.

I want Gnome Hunters.

As in, hunters that hunt gnomes.

Deleted
    I don't see why not. Any race which worships the Holy Light should really be able to become Paladins, so as Gnomes have Priests explicitly stated to following the Light, I don't see why they can't have Paladins either.

Deleted
    well I wouldnt race change my paladin to Gnome, but why not, they already can be priests and warriors.