Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Decipato View Post
    In my eyes, you shouldnt even be able to get the legendary Q items from LFR, only real raiders should get it. As it is infact the "best" item in the game atm.
    Hate to hurt your ego and all but both LFR and Flex raiding is real raiding.

Both are harder then raiding in Vanillia and most of TBC and harder then everything up to uld in wrath. So by you saying LFR and Flex is not real raiding you are also saying there was no real raids or raiders in Vanillia/TBC/Part of Wrath and I bet a lot of people would disagree with you on that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Yeah I said I saw he was right, meaning it was only at 34 losses not 37, But as I said just before I've done another 4 since the thread started and lost them all aswell, bringing it up to that number anyway.

I also know the BG's fairly well, my Main PvP character Is full Tyran/Grevious and does quite well in them.

It is just this one damn character I can't do it on, which makes me die a little inside when I log on one of my Alts and win a Shards from a Random BG queue.
    Yeah i can understand that. I'm overall pretty calm when it comes to this game, but that many losses would probably send my computer flying out of the window XD
    Saw http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...e-Month?page=9 yesterday, which explains a little bit, but still...

Hope you get them both in the next 2 bgs ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Hate to hurt your ego and all but both LFR and Flex raiding is real raiding.

Both are harder then raiding in Vanillia and most of TBC and easyer then everything up to uld in wrath. So by you saying LFR and Flex is not real raiding you are also saying there was no real raids or raiders in Vanillia/TBC/Part of Wrath and I bet a lot of people would disagree with you on that.
    I disagree about lfr being harder than vanilla. Getting 40 people to move out if they got bomb wasn't that easy.
    He didn't mention flex not being raiding, only lfr, which i do support.

That being said, op is raiding now, which he has said :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I know, I've been tempted to Xfer, just to get this goddamn quest done.
    If you do decide to do that make sure your quest won't reset because of it.

There is some horde/ally quests that will reset due to the other side being slightly different. I don't think this quest is one of those since its a legendary quest but I would check with a blue before doing it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you do decide to do that make sure your quest won't reset because of it.

There is some horde/ally quests that will reset due to the other side being slightly different. I don't think this quest is one of those since its a legendary quest but I would check with a blue before doing it.
    Oh god, if the Quest reset at this point I would just Shoryuken my computer through my roof.

I gave up on that stupid quest long ago.

then again I have not logged on in like 7 months.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Oh god, if the Quest reset at this point I would just Shoryuken my computer through my roof.
    Lol like I said confirm with a blue that it won't reset to be safe.

Personally I would just grind it out and hope to get it. If you can get past grinding the sigils and rep this won't be much harder. Like others have said you can just afk your way to it if u want.

Put on a movie sit back and hit the w key every 5 mins lol.

You know you're not done, you're just annoyed and venting.

That PvP part really is a crapshoot though, I can't imagine doing it on another character, nor will I ever do the whole thing on more than one character.

They really should've made it(or changed it by now) to just beat up X number of horde/alliance players.

Thankfully it didn't take much to complete mine and help a friend out on an alt or two, I can't imagine going through a losing streak like yours, that'd just be way too painful.

I'd try playing at a completely different time of day, and or on completely different days than you've already done. I've never heard of a losing streak that bad. My main got lucky (unbelievably lucky, considering Alliance), the one alt that's put much effort into the quest line took a couple of days. The types of players you'll get does change with the time of day, and the day of the week. I don't know which times are best for your battle group, but it's worth trying out.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Why did you post this thread, people couldn't give a fuck about you or your quest to get a legendary cloak.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-10-27 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enu View Post
    Why did you post this thread, people couldn't give a fuck about you or your quest to get a legendary cloak.
    He was venting about some seriously bad luck, and thus his thread had more merit than your post that was just utter garbage ^^

You realize that for your 37 losses, someone out there has 37 wins, right? The game isn't rigged to make you sad, you know. Step up your damn game or stop whining about your bad luck, but honestly, you really should just contribute more to the match. The only common factor in all those games is you.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enu View Post
    Clearly people gave enough of a fuck about his quest to get a legendary cloak that they read, analysed and replied to it, yourself included.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    You realize that for your 37 losses, someone out there has 37 wins, right? The game isn't rigged to make you sad, you know. Step up your damn game or stop whining about your bad luck, but honestly, you really should just contribute more to the match. The only common factor in all those games is you.
    I'm actually usually pretty high in the damage done/objectives held part of the matches even without PvP gear since I do these BG's on others Alts.

I also know it isn't rigged to make me sad, as I did say twice I have PvP geared characters that I do well with across all the BG's.

Also I'm not whining about bad luck, Bad luck would be 5-6 losses in a row. I am just venting about absolutely fucking atrocious luck. A losing streak this long has never happened to me across ANY game. It is the single longest losing streak by more than double that I've ever had.

So yes while the common factor is me. It does not really come down to me alone LOSING the matches as people keep trying to imply.

Deleted
    lies, no way in hell you lost that many in a row. Does not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    lies, no way in hell you lost that many in a row. Does not happen.
    Should learn to read through the posts before posting, to avoid looking illiterate or blind.

Edit:
    Tbh op should probably link that in the OP to avoid it keep circling about people being too lazy to read, before posting.

You need ONE victory in each, that is hardly an insufferable amount of pvp to be put through for what is essentially a huge dps/hps/survival increase.

I'm not saying I don't believe that you lost.. but dude, what do you spend your time in those bgs doing? You only need 2-3 people geared and with good communication to win those 2 bgs that are required. I mean, have you tried actually communicating with your teams? discussing strategy? Hell.. perhaps going in a premade or even just paying some guild to boost you.. I think after about 5 losses and having no friends online to team up with i'd of been straight in trade offering gold for a prem or help.

You said you're doing normals now aswell.. so you not owning a cloak no longer affects you - it affects your guild. You're underperforming because you are in a huff about the quickest part of the quest. You're clearly not resourceful and that is indeed a shame.

I hope you pull your finger out soon, in the name of your guild and shiny loots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    what the hell does that even mean? try playing alliance in my battlegroup, holy shit if i wasn't shaved bald i'd rip all my hair out.

anyway, this quest would be much less rage inducing if it was just 'win 5 battlegrounds' (or 10 or 20 even) so at least you could pick those your faction doesn't get their ass kicked at all the time.
    Bullshit. On my main it took me a few tries (kept losing one of them, too). On another character I one shot one and needed a few tries for the other. On a few other characters it was literally 2x a 1shot. The quality of your group versus theirs is mostly sheer luck. You can and should influence the outcome though, by playing well and such...

I definitely feel for you. I got VERY lucky with mine: Kotmogu we turtled and dominated, and Silvershard was actually really fun with us literally eking out a win in the last 5 seconds (it was neck and neck and Alliance captured a cart literally the second before it went down into the shaft). I think it took me maybe 30 minutes tops.

However, the fact that PVP is required for a PVE item in a PVE-dominant game has soured me on even bothering with my other characters. I understand the whole "legendary is legendary" argument but they could have thought of a lot better than RNG grinds, required PVP (the whole faction war is a bad joke at this point anyways) and forced gating for three weeks in order to do it.

Came back to WoW in June this year. Spent a few months messing about and have now leveled up and geared a few different Characters. (a few around 510ilvl, some around 535-540).

My main which I chose to do the Legendary quest with Took me 3 months of doing LFR every week to get my Sigil's and Wisdom's literally got my last one on week 1 of flex wing 1, REALLY bad RNG.

Finally finished my 3 weeks of Valor points, and moved onto the Win a Temple and a Silvershard Mine battle.

Now this is where I've decided to stop trying. In the past 2 weeks I have done 37 Silvershard Mine battles and 23 Temple of Kotmogu. Have won 0 of them.
    Have been trying to get a group of people together in Trade but most people are past this point and can rarely find more than 2-3 people to come along.

At first I thought that 1 win of each wasn't so bad and kind of dismissed the rage of a LOT of Pve'rs who complained about needing to do PvP objectives for a PvE item.

I am now thoroughly with them.

60 BG losses in a row has finally made me not care to get this cloak anymore.
    That sucks bro

I did my BG's last week (first time stepping food in either of them) and we won both of them first time. I probably won't step foot in them again lol.

Working on my Secrets now, will hopefully have them done before reset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Well that's pretty much the worst loss-streak I've heard of. Especially considering that BGs are pretty much 50-50(+/-2) over the long term.
    Hmm, in EU battlegroups, it's 75-25 in ToK and about 92-8 in Silvershard, both favoring Horde.