Is it me or is PVP less dynamic?

I just got back into PvPing after a long break. I am currently retribution, full tyrannical.

It felt like everyone had a pocket healer. Are there no more "BG Heroes"? Meaning, you could ride into the fray and come away with a of couple heads at least?

Is it the queue system perhaps? Every BG has a tank and a few healers now?

Do I need to shake off the rust or has PvP became a lackluster, hitting a flour sack with a wiffle bat, affair?

PVP in wow is one huge Bot fest, with a couple of real life players thrown in. This means that you have basically removed the human error factor. A bot can do things better and faster than 90% of the player base, so a bot healer will heal without a care in the world, and recieve instructions from its script in how to behave, where to go. Take a closer look at the behaviour of the players in your next 5 bg's. See the rush like snake of layers going back and forth or fighting in the middle ?

PvP is absolutely horrible right now and has been for most of the expansion; the only other time I remember things being this awful is season 5 of wotlk. FotM class design is completely out of control and the fixes come far too slowly, usually managing to break another aspect of the game when they finally arrive. I've actually unsubbed because of it, and I've been a pretty hardcore WoW junkie since vanilla.
    Last edited by Dookles; 2013-10-28 at 07:12 AM.

Healers have gotten progressively stronger as the expansions go by. They are way too overpowered, and it makes everything slower.

The invasion of bots in an MMO always signify the aproaching of the end. People are so bored with the game that they really don't feel like gearing new characters for pvp and also don't care that much about their accounts anymore, so they bot and don't give a crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Healers have gotten progressively stronger as the expansions go by. They are way too overpowered, and it makes everything slower.
    To be fair, you shouldn't be able to just turret someone and kill him through heals, or take down a healer by yourself. You've got to stop the healer from healing before you go for a kill, or get some friends to help you zerg. I believe the OP was complaining about this situation, which really isn't new, unless you've previously played something like s12 warrior and just ran around oneshotting things and got used to it, thinking that's how the game is supposed to be.

Deleted
    Dont know about you guys but I this is the only season in a long time I might somehow enjoy random bgs. There are far far less insta gibs and forming a cc chain is more rewarding. I find healers to be just about right. That said, its random bgs, and people suck to the point that I hope to have bots in my team.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    uh....what.....

So, healers, bots and the end is nigh all in one short thread?

It's great to see that reasoned discussion takes place here.

Quote Originally Posted by clickerflipper View Post
    Is it the queue system perhaps? Every BG has a tank and a few healers now?
    Forgetting the bot problem, which is really bad, the game has changed. Think of it this way.

Old school: 2 kung fu masters meet in a ring and have it out in a glorious fight.

New school: 2 kung fu masters meet, one pulls out a taser, and stops the other one cold.

The problem with being a BG hero, is everyone has a taser and that's that. Any time you go up against more than one player, it's just CC layered on CC, and CC narrows the skill gap. BG heroes were always at least as much about gear as skill but today the CC renders a lot of that useless.

If a healer gets involved, and you can't get another player on the healer, yeah, it's pretty close to swinging a plastic bat.

But, overall, pvp has blown this expansion. They're trying, kind of, but they aren't fixing the core problems and if there is one thing Blizzard isn't, it's nimble.
    Last edited by walkingtall; 2013-10-28 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dookles View Post
    To be fair, you shouldn't be able to just turret someone and kill him through heals, or take down a healer by yourself. You've got to stop the healer from healing before you go for a kill, or get some friends to help you zerg. I believe the OP was complaining about this situation, which really isn't new, unless you've previously played something like s12 warrior and just ran around oneshotting things and got used to it, thinking that's how the game is supposed to be.
    So true though. You shouldn't be able to kill a healer by yourself. Then they'd be wayy to underpowered.