Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

85-90, claw my eyes out, please.

I surprisingly haven't leveled many toons to max level this expansion, this being my 5th, 85-90 makes me want to die.

I finally hit 89, and I am 30% in, I just can't do it! I have to force myself. I want to be 90, start getting crap from timeless isle and crap, but at the same time, it's just aggravating.

Do I want to do dungeons? (note: I tank). Yes, kind of, but because the dps is mediocre and boss fights that should last 2-3 minutes last about 7-8 minutes. Why people are still pulling 20k dps between the levels of 87-90 is beyond me. I go ret on a boss fight that requires no tank, and pull 40k dps with an ilvl of 400, while another pally is approx 440 ilvl and does 22k. Wut?

Leveling is so stale. It is so stale that I start doing pet battles for exp. And I am not a huge fan. Then again, it is a tad bit fun after the first few, then it gets blah.

With pet battles I did 20% of my exp bar at 88, hahaha. Went to the timeless isle, whipped out my strand crab (op), and got 190k exp per battle there, approx 1% per fight so 20 pet battles.

Make sure you do the treasures of pandaria, they give a decent chunk of xp.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Make sure you do the treasures of pandaria, they give a decent chunk of xp.
    Oh god, that is the first thing I look for in a zone. Hahaha. I love snagging the 309k exp one in Townlong.

Just watch a movie in the background and quest and turn your brain off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    Oh god, that is the first thing I look for in a zone. Hahaha. I love snagging the 309k exp one in Townlong.
    I usually save all of them for level 89, cause it's the worst.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    The 88-90 range is the very worst in my experience.

I usually save up alts at 88 and wait for AV-weekend and level them that way :P

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just go for Dread Wastes on 90. You get Wind-Reaver's buff very fast and it speeds it all up.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    I do a mix from
    - random heroic dungeon
    - pet battles (e.g. the 3 stalker-mobs @kun-lai with son of animus just die)
    - go for rares & treasures (as a relic hunter you know where they are)
    - do normal quests, move to the next zone immediately, skip quests you hate

not only for 85-90, but also for the cata stuff, that works pretty nice. also keep leveling when you're rested.
    btw: when you hit 90, it won't be as funny as you imagine. with my last 90 (disc-priest), I hate the timeless equip shit. I'm 507 now with very low spirit and lots of bad 2nd stats. And now I have to get through dumbshit LFR before I can flex with friends~

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly just suck it up, it only take a couple days.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

It's not AS bad since the reduction, but I feel your pain! Blizz should really look at giving a huge XP buff to all your toons once you have 1 max level character... Just imagine 1-95 next expansion....lawl!

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cmon don't you have "some" "bot?" Its cheaper then.... ....I don't know what
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

I currently am on 24 lvl 90's. The first 15 were lvled before the exp reduction nerf. It's very easy to do only takes 2 days. Switch your brain off, listen to some music etc, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I pvp for most of my alts after I've done all the quests on my main. Every battleground is a new game. But I guess you have to enjoy that sort of thing to appreciate the nuances.

Deleted
    Coffee is your friend!

Deleted
    Ye, I always hit a wall around lvl 88 while leveling through Pandaria. 85-86 is easy and mostly happens passively (2 lvl 85 dungeons, a handful of quests and it's done), ditto 86-87 (run around Vo4W, do some random quests, nothing too taxing). 87-88 is much slower, but there's a lot of places to go in Kun-Lai, so it's somehow bearable. And then comes lvl 88 and AAAARRGHH... long, tedious, boring, linear SLUGFEST in Townlong makes me want to quit the damn game, delete every character, cancel the sub then rip out my HD, smash it with a hammer, drop the remains in a ditch and salt the earth. The best I can do is take it in small steps, waiting for some rested xp between each of these. And even then... fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled my dk first, then my lock, then my monk, and then my mage.

I took a break off and began to level my healers. Got my shammy, my pally and my druid up. Figured I could gear them up via LFR and not have to worry about too long of queue times as well. Finally leveled my rogue up around 5.2 i think.

Thing is I spread it out. I pretty much stuck to my dk tank and my lock before Blizz got their head out of their ass around 5.2 and sorta made rep grinds easier. So all together I leveled up 8 characters to lv 90. I had my priest to 89 about 50% in but that is when I decided to not give blizz anymore of my money lol.

If you don't want to level, then don't do it. Take a break and work on your other 5 lv 90's. With any luck the first round of nerfs to SoO will be coming out. So getting gear and progression on your lv 90's will be somewhat easier.

I find it a pretty bad sign seeing so many people advising to "switch your brain off". It's a videogame, it should be an enjoyable pastime ffs.
    My advice would be to find something that you enjoy, anything! So many activities give xp now, think of hunting rares/relics, pvp, dungeons, quests, pet battles. If you enjoy none of that maybe give this character a rest for a little bit; it's easy to burn out on a character or zone when you're trying to make that final push to 90. I think one of the reasons so many people hate the last few levels is because nobody wants to put that character down when it's so close to 90!

Take a break, do something else and when you come back in one-two days you'll be rested and fresh for a fight.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Start the Klaxxi quest chain at 89, thats how i always finish off.

10+ Year Old Account
    archaelogy

it is godsent exp plus you may find some rare finds that can sell pretty good amounts - find mounts / pets etc.