58 33.72%
  • Yes -- I'm not American

14 8.14%
  • No -- I'm not American

64 37.21%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Be Known View Post
    From what I've read now, searching your posts then I can quite confidently say that you indeed are a racist. Your attitude toward white people is appalling.
    Knee-jerkers are usually the first to say this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The swastika is only owned by the Nazis in western society where people are largely ignorant of active religions from other parts of the world.
    Yes... only ignorant westerners know who nazi's are....

Some religions that aren't Nazi affiliated still use it (some Indian and Buddhism mostly) but it became the symbol of the Nazi party. Most of the world is far more familiar with it in relation to Hitler then meaning good luck, auspiciousness, or peace.

This is exactly the point of Blackfacing being racist. You cannot separate a symbol from its past. You can try and dance around it but most people are well aware that blackfacing was used to call black people ignorant and stupid. It's less global then the Nazi symbol (as it was American mostly) but it's still offensive.

Here's a question, why they hell do you want to blackface if not to offend? What possible Halloween costume could you do that requires you to wear the blackface makeup but not with the intention to get a rise out of people?

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Booshman survival guide one-oh-one.

1) When called out for being racist, respond with a buzz word. Suitable words include

A) Borderline autistic
    B) Knee jerkers
    C) White people

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Someone painting their face black isn't racism.
    Painting your face black and blackface are two different things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Just like everyone should have some clue as to what I'm like.
    who the hell are you guys bathing in non existent mmo-champion fame?

ot:

i´m cool with both

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Someone painting their face black isn't racism.
    Not to you. Just as I'm sure they couldn't care less about of the plight of "Swedish whores" from your personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    No it was really a racist comment. Just switch the words around and you'll see.

Notice when the words White are switch with black, and males to female. It becomes racist and sexist.
    Except....then it doesn't make sense. As black people in aggregate aren't better off than everyone else, and black people in aggregate aren't in a high position where they can comfortably say something along the lines of "Oh well!" and dictate that people to "Get over it!" as "Life is tough."

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post

1) When called out for being racist, respond with a buzz word. Suitable words include

A) Borderline autistic
    B) Knee jerkers
    C) White people
    By the way, when did calling people autistic become the new insult?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post

A) Borderline autistic
    B) Knee jerkers
    C) White people
    You can "call me out" for being a penguin, but that doesn't make it accurate. And regularly sniping with "snazzy-one liners" doesn't increase your accuracy either.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    When I started saying it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    It's not a knee-jerk reaction. I've already described what, with a high probability, is a knee-jerk reaction earlier in the thread.

I do not understand how you make the connection that painting your face black is or will be seen on the same level as the Nanking Massacre or Holocaust denial.

This is with a high probability a knee-jerk reaction caused by our present hypersensitivity regarding identity. Even if you in many other cases claim that nobody is guilty before they are convicted you can quite clearly see that in regards to racism there are other rules. The mere suspicision of something being racist, discrimination, phobia against certain religion or a culture is for all practical purposes a conviction and the one who defend their opinion or stance will find themselves in a "moral uphill", where the arguments disappear(And are at a large ignored.) in screams of racism and demand for apologies.

Behind all of this there is a volition to constantly be on the "good side", in addition to a perfunctory image of society where everything is seen as institutional racism and a constant source of oppression towards minorities.
    You are ignorant, arrogant and downright condescending in your attitude towards people who do not agree with you. Just because someone does not agree with your skewed & biased view on what racism is does not mean they are racist, autistic, "white males" or "white people".
    Last edited by mmoc44c98dde25; 2013-10-28 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    Dunno, ask Booshman. I was just commentating on his "debating integrity."

[QUOTE=mofi;23117411

i´m cool with both[/QUOTE]

He's blackfacing wrong.. it's more of a screwed up mime costume....

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    who the hell are you guys bathing in non existent mmo-champion fame?
    Not fame on MMO-C, but after a while of certain posters posting in certain threads you get use to them. Granted I often Change my Avatar and Signature, so getting too familiar with me is harder. which is why I do it. But I post regularly enough. although I also lurk a lot too. I hate posting on, my iPhone and I might follow on the iPhone while doing other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So you have the right to be offended by his posting, but an African doesn't have the right to be offended by Blackface? Really?
    When the blackfacing is down in the fashion of stereotyping then yes a black person definitely has the right to be offended. However did you see the advert for doughnuts? It was a charcoal doughnut and the person was painted to match its colour, why would you be offended by a person imitating a doughnut?

Ok, if you can paint yourself in a blackface and say it's not inherently racist can you wear a swastika in a synagogue and tell them the symbol isn't racist it's just their perception of it?

It's not a knee-jerk reaction. I've already described what, with a high probability of possibly, is a knee-jerk reaction earlier in the thread.

You are ignorant, arrogant and downright condescending in your attitude towards people who do not agree with you. Just because someone does not agree with your skewed & biased view on what racism does not mean they are racist, autistic, "white males" or "white people".
    Yes...yes...yes.

I'm "condescending" because I don't partake in a circle jerk, when I refuse to use overly flowery speech, to express an opinion that doesn't germane to that of a bigot's. Bigots who use the OT forums as a racist echo-chamber. Boo-hoo-hoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, since this has turned into an argument about which users are or are not racist and why, rather than discussing the original post, I'm going to proactively lock this before it gets worse.