Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Thok 10er Heroic Heal

Hi guys, i am playing a moonkin but for this encounter i am forced to play healdruid because our healers are not able to push enough hps. We Play with only one tankpally maybe this is a reason for this? anyway how should i gem and reforge for this Boss? 13k hastecap? Full mastery? i saw some healdruids playing with int? I would be thankfull for any information about the gear strategy and other hints for this Boss.
    Thanks in advance

I'm going to be you're using your balance gear, so you should have close to the 13163 break point, so I would definitely do that. You don't want to gem pure intellect - reds int/haste (int/mastery after cap), haste yellows (mastery after cap), and spirit haste blues (spirit/mastery after cap). I think heroic is solo tank, and he's a pally, so I don't think that's the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Deleted
    okay i reforged my char with wrathcalcs and i would be at hastecap, 14k Spirit, 26% crit(4,4k) and 24,7% mastery (4k) Further question would be should i try to get the old t15 set? actually i have 3 Tokens in my bag 2 heroic (shoulder and head) and 1 normal (chest) but maybe i could get the 4pc in one run.
    Last edited by mmoce4e4c9b23d; 2013-10-27 at 10:36 PM.

The t154p is very strong, so if you can get it, I'd highly recommend it. Your spirit is fine as long as you have at least one strong regen trinket (timeless chi'ji one is fine, or the one from shadow pan assault), and everything else sounds good as well. If you can't get 4 piece t15, get 2 piece heroic and just use the highest ilvl you can in the other, even if it's a balance piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

The only Thok-specific things I can think of is to make sure you have your mushroom down somewhere during the kiting phases so that it's grown and ready to bloom when you go back to stacking (it doesn't lose growth when moved), and to spec Nature's Vigil as it should be up for each stacking phase. Also make sure you use Tranquility early enough that it doesn't get interrupted.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Also make sure you use Tranquility early enough that it doesn't get interrupted.
    The paladin tank also can BoP you, so you can use with more stacks of acceleration.

Even without the 4pc you can do the fight with that stats

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lenwedruid View Post
    The paladin tank also can BoP you, so you can use with more stacks of acceleration.

Even without the 4pc you can do the fight with that stats
    Bopping resto druid seems like a waste compared to bopping dps or other healers. Resto druids don't have any good cast-time spells of use for Thok.

Quote Originally Posted by manamonster View Post
    Bopping resto druid seems like a waste compared to bopping dps or other healers. Resto druids don't have any good cast-time spells of use for Thok.
    Never underestimate a full channeled tranq. I get a BoP from our pally healer at around stack 6-8 and the channel goes through 2 accelerates and the hot ticks through a 3rd I believe.

Signature Created by Jassinta

...except Tranquility. It's worth considering, depending on your healing setup.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are good enought you can use trankility with a SotF proc and the lastime its like 2.3s with BL. Or you can use it with auramastery. Anyway using BoP on a rdruid is a waste of it.

About the gems. Haste on yellow, Int&haste in red Spirit&haste on blue and reforge to cap (13163). Excess haste to mastery and all crit to haste/mastery.

About the healing, mushroom up all the time, and just keep rej up on all the targets. swiftmend+WG on CD. Talents SotF & Natures Vigil.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Never underestimate a full channeled tranq. I get a BoP from our pally healer at around stack 6-8 and the channel goes through 2 accelerates and the hot ticks through a 3rd I believe.
    Seems like a waste. Just use SotF if you really want to worry about a tranq. Compared to the throughput a shaman, disc priest, or paladin could put out with the same BOP it's a total waste for a druid. The DPS gain you'd get by bopping a DPS is 10x better than bopping a druid. I see no reason to ever BOP a resto druid on this fight, even for a tranq.

Seems like a waste. Just use SotF if you really want to worry about a tranq. Compared to the throughput a shaman, disc priest, or paladin could put out with the same BOP it's a total waste for a druid. The DPS gain you'd get by bopping a DPS is 10x better than bopping a druid. I see no reason to ever BOP a resto druid on this fight, even for a tranq.
    Why SotF it down so it barley covers 1-2 accelerates, when you would stand to gain a fuckton more by just BoP+channel full time; possibly covering upwards of 4, MAYBE 5, accelerates?
    ^ I agree with this.

Deleted
    Also make sure you use Tranquility early enough that it doesn't get interrupted.
    Make sure you Tranq during Aura Mastery with SotF or ask for a bubble*

Tranq is "useless" early on since it's not even nearly as much healing.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bzl View Post
    Why SotF it down so it barley covers 1-2 accelerates, when you would stand to gain a fuckton more by just BoP+channel full time; possibly covering upwards of 4, MAYBE 5, accelerates?
    I guess if your other healers are completely terrible maybe. With haste your Tranq is gonna last approximately half the duration of the BoP. So you're still wasting the rest of the BoP that could be better spent on another healer or a DPS. From an overall raid perspective it's still a waste on a resto druid compared to other classes. I would put resto druid as last priority since we can literally spam heal the entire phase with non-cast time heals.

Hell even putting it on a spriest with VE would be better since you still get the healing CD and a ton of DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatahe View Post
    If you are good enought you can use trankility with a SotF proc and the lastime its like 2.3s with BL. Or you can use it with auramastery. Anyway using BoP on a rdruid is a waste of it.
    I guess if your other healers are completely terrible maybe. With haste your Tranq is gonna last approximately half the duration of the BoP. So you're still wasting the rest of the BoP that could be better spent on another healer or a DPS. From an overall raid perspective it's still a waste on a resto druid compared to other classes. I would put resto druid as last priority since we can literally spam heal the entire phase with non-cast time heals.
    This is one of the times where you don't want to shorten the cast time of tranq. If you wait until acceleration 7+ it'll last for roughly 3-4 of them. You don't want to shorten the cast so you can fit it in between screeches, you want it to last as long as possible to provide the maximum benefit.

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    Incarnation: Tree of Life might be better than Soul of the Forest. The idea is basically the extension of the poison stack-up phase. Use Incarnation at about ~3-4 stacks of Acceleration during the first stack phase so that it's available for the poison.

While a BoP is better on healers like shamans while they have their broken CDs popped, it is extremely useful on rdruids for Tranquility. If there aren't enough BoPs to go around, just use AM. Make CD assignments and start casting Tranq as soon as, or even right before AM is used.
    As Bzl mentioned, your idea is not to sneak in a tranq between two acceleration tick, it's to cover as many accelerations as possible to use every channeled tick.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. You definitely don't want to SoTF your Tranq here. A BoP'd Tranq towards the end of a phase 1 can easily get you through 5-6 accelerations. I Tranq with a BoP at stack 21 and it carries us to ~stack 26. Then we stack into a Spirit Link and stop healing pretty much everyone but the tank, causing us to transition between 28 and 30.
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellog View Post
    I disagree. You definitely don't want to SoTF your Tranq here. A BoP'd Tranq towards the end of a phase 1 can easily get you through 5-6 accelerations. I Tranq with a BoP at stack 21 and it carries us to ~stack 26. Then we stack into a Spirit Link and stop healing pretty much everyone but the tank, causing us to transition between 28 and 30.
    Even without SoTF you're still wasting a good portion of the BoP that, when viewed from the raid as a whole, would be better used on a different healer or a dps.

Deleted
    So i got my 4pc today and i loose warforged chest and head, and 2 normal items, but it should still be an upgrade despite the stat loose or?

Deleted
    I healed this (being Balance MS myself) and here's what I did:
    - use 4p15
    - reforge to 3k hasteBP and 16k spirit, rest mastery (I didn't actually regem for this so couldn't reach 13k BP. 16k Spirit because I don't have a regn. trinket)
    - Sotf + NV, drop glyph of regrowth for stampeding roar
    - place Efflo so the 3 dps/healer groups are all stood in it (like ragnaros HC), you need 3 camps if you are 1 tanking it. We had a Warlock standing out alone since he has the most dmg mitigation and highest health. Everybody else would get hit by divine star from our priests that way.
    - run lifebloom and rejuv on tank, swiftmend + WG when ever it is ready. At 4 stacks I did a sotf tranq (no pala for bop).
    - after tranq I started rolling rejuv on the whole raid while still keeping LB up on tank (was the main source of tank healing) and swiftmend + WG on cd.
    - at 8 stacks I popped NV.
    - After the last Screech before stacking bloom Mushroom to top everybody up as to make sure not to transition too early.
    - when stacked in Barrier (followed by SB) me and the other resto druid was rotating Mushroom bloom and Genesis after each Screech.

A few things I didn't mention:
    -Talk to your other healers about when you use cds, if you don't use BoP on you so you can tranq late use a sotf Tranq pretty early, or save it for the start of the next normal phase.
    -You are probably gonna have a rotation for personal cds, you have Barkskin baseline, but if you can symb a monk you can get a pretty good CD from them.
    -Ask your tank when he would like Iron Bark and other external cds from the other healers.

Now, I didn't min/max at all, but if you want to keep it relatively simple this is a good way to go. Personally I hadn't really healed since the last patch (didn't have genesis on bars) so min/maxing much more would cost way too much attention and probably just end with me fucking something up (I do raidlead aswell so I have other stuff to pay attention to).