Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Remove LFR, Flying Mounts ---> Millions Unsubscribe
    Fixed that for ya.

Sorry, I don't like LFR or flying mounts and even I can see that this would be a bad idea. Flying mounts mess up world PvP and mess up game flow. But when you've already experienced the content on the ground, having a way to skip over it all and get to where you want to go more quickly is a good thing. LFR removes "seeing the content" as a reason to join a raiding guild and really messed up the game's community (IMO, more so than Dungeon Finder), but it allows a lot of people who have never been able to see the end game raid content (people who can't play often enough to do it or weren't skilled enough to do it) to do it.

WoW needs more than just removing two things I don't like to bring me back. The list starts at new player models and an interesting story hook for content and includes things such as reducing ability bloat and adding reasons for players to interact with a group of people on the server you rolled on, not faceless individuals that you'll never play with again.

Wow declined before LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Doubt it, they've changed the game waaay too much. Its not really WoW anymore, its a new game imo.

They completely are. How many people do you see riding horseback to the store in daily life? As technology advances, so too does the world advance with it. This is very much the same in WoW.
    You realize nothing you just said is a reason for them to be mandatory? They're not,ofcourse there are areas only accessible via flyers, but the rest of the world is open, and a flying mount is not mandatory, Using your crappy example proves it, People walked before horses, people used bikes before cars, People still walk, people still ride bikes, But technology has advanced, so why is this? Magic? Nope, they just know it's not mandatory.

Flying mounts aren't so much of an issue except with old world Azeroth, turning PvP servers into a griefer's paradise. PvP servers as a whole have been on a population nosedive since old world flying was added.

But LFR has a specific niche and target audience and needs to stay, no different than heroic modes.

I think many people underestimate just how many older players who have quit because the game got too casual friendly, would actually resubscribe making a few TBC esque changes to the game.
    Spoiler alert, OP: TBC ADDED flying mounts.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

OP, you are like those guys on the D3 forum that are crying that the AH is being removed from game.

Yes people will leave the game because of it but a lot more will be coming back to D3 because of the change.

Same principle here. If by some magic Blizz removed LFR and Flying, a few ragged old players will rejoice but hundreds of thousands of players would leave.

Now from a business perspective, what do you think makes more sense?

1000 happy old timers

or

1,000,000 active subs

It's not a hard choice to make for Blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is this a new thread? We already have plenty of others discussing this.

OT - I don't care if they keep or remove LFR personally, but I know many people enjoy it. It doesn't affect me. If they removed flying mounts, I would be pissed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Flying mounts aren't so much of an issue except with old world Azeroth, turning PvP servers into a griefer's paradise. PvP servers as a whole have been on a population nosedive since old world flying was added.
    How about then remove flying mounts from PVP servers only, but leave them in PVE servers. That way both sides get what they wish.

If flying mounts and LFR was to be removed I would cancel my 3 accounts.
    Also why don't people ever ask for connected flight points to be removed? Those make the world feel smaller and you can use them to skip areas that would normally be swarming with PvPers.

Deleted
    If the developers removed LFR, and flying mounts from the game (i actually like the fatigue bar where you cant fly forever), also removed the heroic difficulty, so essentially normal difficulty is the hard difficulty, and flex became the new normal, millions of players would resubscribe.
    yeah sounds like a very good plan. except that most of the casual community would be angry you removed lfr and almost every (semi)hardcore raider would drop the game instantly if you remove the only thing thats remotely difficult in wow pve

jesus what a terrible idea.

/e: and dont give me that bullshit "we had no heroic modes back in vanilla/bc and it was fine" argument, i'm raiding since molten core and we had "heroic" modes back than. whole naxx40 or sunwell plateau for example were "heroic" instances because noone who wasnt with a decent raiding guild even set foot into them.
    Last edited by mmoc901785890b; 2013-10-28 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    They completely are. How many people do you see riding horseback to the store in daily life? As technology advances, so too does the world advance with it. This is very much the same in WoW.
    So glad this is a game then.
    Oh, you can still ride on a horse if you want. That's something called choice.

good fucking god, how many threads with the same exact subject is the OP going to make? this is the first time I've seen LFR in the mix. so I guess that's progress?

regardless as much as you seem to think flying mounts have ruined the game even though that has been shot down, disproven and beaten dead beyond recognition. you seem to keep raising it back up like some lousy necromancer.

I think many people underestimate just how many older players who have quit because the game got too casual friendly, would actually resubscribe making a few TBC esque changes to the game.

If the developers removed LFR, and flying mounts from the game (i actually like the fatigue bar where you cant fly forever), also removed the heroic difficulty, so essentially normal difficulty is the hard difficulty, and flex became the new normal, millions of players would resubscribe.

With connected realms being implemented, the issue of low pop servers is essentially a thing of the past, so pugging for flex wouldn't be an issue for the LFR crowd. And bringing back a sense of accomplishment to the game, as well as reduce ilvl inflation through 4 difficulties would really go far in many people's books.

I know these changes would see me back in the World of Warcraft in a heart beat.

What changes would bring you back to the game?
    Oh great, another terrible Jaylock thread. Cant you post something upbeat and positive about the game, and not be a negative nancy?

Add in more random events that just happen like towns being invaded by things equal to that zone lvl wise. Bring back random zombie out breaks becasue someone dropped a vial while flying from Northrend to Pandaria. Make the game more immerse and bring back the War

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they removed LFR and flying mounts from the game, I definitely wouldn't come back.

I think ...

i actually like..

I know
    your likes != the best interest of the community or blizzards business model.

that being said, i'd have no more reason to play for raiding if they removed LFR(due to my work schedule) and if blizzard removed flying i wouldn't have the time(or the ease to pass trivial mobs) to farm for quantity of mats(since the numbers of required materials have increased over the expacs) I need anymore.

Removing flight mounts = Me going from borderline quitting to definitely quitting at that announcement

Removing LFR = Not quite as bad as people think it would be, assuming they made Dungeon progression a thing again or had some other PvE progression outside of raiding, which they currently do not.

Neither one of these would really make people resub though over those that would quit. In fact, removing EITHER would have a bigger LOSS of subs overall rather than a gain.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account

With connected realms being implemented, the issue of low pop servers is essentially a thing of the past, so pugging for flex wouldn't be an issue for the LFR crowd. And bringing back a sense of accomplishment to the game, as well as reduce ilvl inflation through 4 difficulties would really go far in many people's books.

I know these changes would see me back in the World of Warcraft in a heart beat.

What changes would bring you back to the game?
    I didn't realise it was the law of WoW to HAVE to use LFR? Maybe I missed that in the Terms and Conditions. Oh wait, no, you don't HAVE to use LFR, in which case, whether people return to WoW or not, they still don't have to use LFR, so if LFR was removed, why would they care anyway?

I would resub if they removed LFD, which is the single biggest factor that contributed to the destruction of server communities.