Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    There is no reason to specifically bring a Rogue. But there's no reason not to either.

Nobody will ever say "we can't do this raid, we need a Rogue". Hopefully people don't say "we need a ____" at all anymore though.
    ^ Someone who clearly did not to heroic vaults when it was current.

As for the topic, rogues are fantastic at surviving. They can remove debuffs from themselves to save healers from having to do it, especially in situations where you might be out of range (like kiting thok), they can take virtually no AOE damage on demand with no cooldown and very little cost, almost none, and cheat death also ensures they can survive a hit that would kill anyone else and has only 90 second recharge on it. Also have a raid defense cooldown via smoke bomb.

They're the best at surviving nasty situations. Especially since all their cooldowns are extremely short or nonexistent.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Rogues are good at ganking in pvp and doing stupid dps in pve.
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-10-29 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Rogues are good at ganking in pvp and doing stupid dps in pve.

Rogues have one of THE BEST toolkits in this game when it comes to PvE. While it's a bummer to be pulled off the boss a good Rogue that knows and understands their value is unreal to a raid.

No need to make troll responses friend. Rogues are a very strong class at many things!
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-10-29 at 03:36 AM. Reason: quoted language

Rogues are best at taking the candle.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Byaah View Post

No need to make troll responses friend. Rogues are a very strong class at many things!
    Yes, too strong. On the other hand my ww monk is the most average class in wow. Middle of the pack dps, no pve utility --> why bring a dps monk to a raid ?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, too strong. On the other hand my ww monk is the most average class in wow. Middle of the pack dps, no pve utility --> why bring a dps monk to a raid ?!
    In 25man WW Monks are very strong given the raid has a proper roster. You, when you have gear, will not be middle pack DMG, you can bring it very hard! Have faith, your deeps will come! As for your raid utility, it's abysmal

Deleted
    Rogues are good at almost anything. They're extremely good right now. Well, compared to other melee anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by xixixviixiiii View Post
    How does a rogue avoid mechanics with Stealth? No idea what this one is about.
    Pretty much any mechanic where the boss targets you and is about to cast something can be avoided by a Vanish/Greater Invis/Feign Death/etc. Not every ability, but very many.

Deleted
    You obviously don't play with any decent monks. Monk DPS is damn strong at the moment (to the extent where they can top 80% of bosses) with absurd AOE damage. They also have decent-good survivability making them suitable for soaking jobs etc, but sadly no raid CD.

Either way, it's not fair to compare across classes, but there is almost always a reason to bring any class to a raid.
    Last edited by mmoc577502f578; 2013-10-29 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Pretty much any mechanic where the boss targets you and is about to cast something can be avoided by a Vanish/Greater Invis/Feign Death/etc. Not every ability, but very many.
    And out of those cases it is almost always the case where either (1) its a trivial ability and no one would ever care enough to bother or (2) doing this causes him to immediately cast it on some one else, or both 1 and 2.

Also... that really has nothing to do with stealth or you wouldn't have feign death up there. Its the component of those abilities that causes the boss to retarget and not really anything related to you being in a stealthed state after you vanish. I'm pretty sure that vanish even on a see invis mob will cause momentary loss of target...

Got a rogue as my main and don't ever plan to change. Problems rogue face these days are firstly that many have a negative experience of trying to level one (hence the low population) and secondly as melee we're not on many guilds wish lists you can comfortably run a full range raid team these days but you could never run a full melee group due to boss mechanics. This means melee will never be that desirable and in say a 10 man team you'd never want more than 2 and likely only really want 1 so competition for spots is high.

Bloodcoin farming lol

Deleted
    Target switching lololol

On a serious note, not entirely sure what some people are smoking about Rogues not being wanted by guilds. Rogues right now are fundamentally the strongest melee class in the game, an ideal 10m comp will have a rogue and it's not unusual to see a 25m guild run with 3-4 rogues.

The whole 'you can take full ranged no melee' is pretty false too. Taking more than 2 is a big no no, but I'd argue a comp is better with 1-2 Melee the rest ranged than stacking ranged.
    Last edited by mmoc66558867f2; 2013-11-02 at 10:56 AM.

Deleted
    Very good survivability (Feint and CoS) coupled with very good damage, single target in particular, but also very good cleave if you go Combat.

Deleted
    we're excellent trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found that we are the best ones to open lockboxes if we use the glyph.

On topic, pretty much what everyone listed in here. I am usually 1 or 2nd in dps in my 10man and at the very bottom of the dmg taken (except on shamans, I always suck in that fight).
    My Rogue

Veni, vidi, vici.

I like MoP now c: