Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 5.4.1 Live This Week, Connected Realms Update, Blue Posts, News Recap

Reaper of Souls First Look: Historical Westmarch

Patch 5.4.1 Live This Week
    Patch 5.4.1 goes live this week, bringing updates to the Recruit a Friend system, the Blizzcon pet, and tooltip updates to reflect the Patch 5.4 hotfixes. The previously mentioned merging of all previous patches into one file has been reverted, so it should be a very small download.

Murkalot
    Murkalot's Flail is the Blizzcon Reward pet added in Patch 5.4.1, and grants the Murkalot achievement. If you aren't going to Blizzcon, you can still get him by purchasing the Virtual Ticket.

Recruit a Friend In-Game UI
    The Recruit a Friend system has been moved in game, making it even easier to use.

Emerald Hippogryph
    The Emerald Hippogryph is the new Recruit a Friend reward and grants the Friends In Places Even Higher Than That achievement.

Recruit a Friend Pet Rewards
    Some pets that were previously only used for promotions in Asia are now Recruit a Friend rewards.

Achievement Changes
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Arena
    Player vs. Player

Feats of Strength

Player vs. Player
    • Fire-Watcher has been updated to reflect the hotfix down to 2,000 coins, down from 10,000.

Proving Grounds
    Scenarios

Mounts and Pets
    Mounts
    • Emerald Hippogryph (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Emerald Hippogryph. The capabilities of this mount depend on your Riding skill and location. Account wide. 1.5 sec cast.

Companions
    • Bernard (New) Right Click to summon and dismiss Bernard. Battle Pet. Instant.
    • Murkalot (New) Right Click to summon and dismiss Murkalot. Battle Pet. Instant.

New Strings
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_ERROR_PARENTAL_CONTROLS - Feature has been disabled by Parental Controls.
    • CHOOSE_ONE_REWARD - Choose 1 Reward
    • CLAIM_REWARD - Claim Reward
    • ERR_RECRUIT_A_FRIEND_ACCOUNT_LIMIT - You have submitted the maximum number of recruits for this time period. Please try again later.
    • ERR_RECRUIT_A_FRIEND_FAILED - Failed to send Recruit A Friend request. Please try again later.
    • PREVIEW - Preview
    • PRODUCT_CHOICE_NO_TAKE_BACKSIES - Are you sure? You can't change your selection after this step.
    • PRODUCT_CHOICE_SUBTEXT - (%s)
    • PRODUCT_CLAIMING_FAILED - Error claiming product. Please try again.
    • QUEUED_STATUS_LOCKED - |cffff2020Locked|r
    • QUEUED_STATUS_LOCKED_EXPLANATION - You are locked to this rated battleground until it finishes.
    • RAF_BENEFIT1 - Level Faster
    • RAF_BENEFIT2 - Grantable Levels
    • RAF_BENEFIT3 - Summon your friend
    • RAF_BENEFIT4 - 30 days of free game time
    • RAF_BENEFIT5 - In-Game Mount
    • RAF_BENEFITS - Benefits
    • RAF_BUTTON_DISABLED_FACTION - You cannot use Recruit A Friend while playing a neutral character.
    • RAF_BUTTON_REWARD_TOOLTIP_DESCRIPTION - You have earned a reward from Recruit A Friend! Click here to claim it!
    • RAF_BUTTON_REWARD_TOOLTIP_TITLE - Recruit A Friend Reward
    • RAF_BUTTON_TOOLTIP_DESCRIPTION - You can recruit a friend and earn fantastic rewards!
    • RAF_BUTTON_TOOLTIP_TITLE - Recruit A Friend
    • RAF_DESCRIPTION - Earn game time, in-game rewards,\nand more by recruiting your friends
    • RAF_ENTER_EMAIL - Enter your friend's email address
    • RAF_ENTER_NOTE - Write a note to your friend
    • RAF_ENTER_NOTE_PROMPT - Enter a note...
    • RAF_FAQ - Recruit a Friend FAQ
    • RAF_INVITATION_SENT - Your invitation has been sent!\n\nYour friend will receive an email with instructions on creating a new account and downloading the game. You will be notified in-game when they have created a new character and you can begin your adventure together.
    • RAF_INVITEE_FRIEND_ADDED_EXPLANATION - You are now friends with the person who invited you to play World of Warcraft.\n\n|cffffd200Right-click|r their name to whisper them when they are online.\n\nYou can now join up and enjoy Azeroth together!
    • RAF_INVITEE_FRIEND_ADDED_NOTICE - Open your friends list to find your friend that invited you to play World of Warcraft
    • RAF_INVITER_FRIEND_ADDED - Your recruited friend is now your Battletag Friend: |cff88C5ff[%s]|r
    • RAF_MORE_DETAILS - [Click here for more details on how it works.]
    • RAF_PRODUCT_CHOICE_CLAIM - Click to choose your reward
    • RAF_PRODUCT_CHOICE_EARNED - You have earned a Recruit A Friend Reward
    • RAF_REALM_INFO - Your friend will be directed to join:\n|cffffd200%1$s|r on |W|cffffd200%2$s|r|w
    • RAF_SEND_INVITATION - Send Invitation
    • RECRUIT_A_FRIEND - Recruit A Friend
    • RECRUIT_A_FRIEND_FACTION_SUGGESTION_ALLIANCE - Your friend plays for the Alliance faction. Pick one of these races if you want to play together.\n\nHuman, Dwarf, Night Elf, Gnome, Draenei, Worgen, or Pandaren
    • RECRUIT_A_FRIEND_FACTION_SUGGESTION_HORDE - Your friend plays for the Horde faction. Pick one of these races if you want to play together.\n\nOrc, Undead, Tauren, Troll, Blood Elf, Goblin, or Pandaren.
    • RECRUIT_A_FRIEND_REWARDS - Recruit A Friend Rewards

New Mail
    Automated In-game Mail
    • Automated In-game Mail #399 - Emerald Hippogryph: Some feel that the Emerald Hippogryph is the most majestic of these noble creatures.

Even if one does not agree, they are certainly a striking sight nonetheless!

--Mei Francis - Exotic Mounts

New Icons

Recruit-A-Friend Updates Coming Soon
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    It’s been a while since we’ve updated the Recruit-A-Friend program, but the time has come once again to close the doors for a bit and do a little remodeling. On Tuesday, October 15, we’ll be temporarily shutting down new Recruit-a-Friend sign-ups. Don’t worry though—the program will be back (and better than ever) before you know it.

While we don’t have an official date to share regarding the release of the updated Recruit-A-Friend (RAF) program, those whose accounts are already linked are not affected by this, and any unclaimed rewards will be redeemable once the program starts up again. You’ll also be happy to learn that the current reward will still be available when the Recruit-A-Friend program returns—in fact, players who participate in the upcoming program will have even more reward options available to them. We’ll have more details for you at a future point in time.

Connected Realms Update
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    As previously announced, we’ve been working toward connecting realms to increase the number of players on low-population realms, and since then have completed several connections. As a part of our ongoing communication, we wanted to provide you with an update that contains a list of completed realm connections, currently planned connections, and any additional future plans in one convenient location.

*Please note this list does not encompass all potential future connections. Please check back for further updates.

Completed Connections
    • Aegwynn and Gurubashi
    • Anub’arak and Chromaggus/Garithos
    • Auchindoun and Laughing Skull
    • Balnazzar and Warsong
    • Black Dragonflight and Skullcrusher
    • Blackwing Lair and Detheroc/Dethecus
    • Blood Furnace and Mannaroth
    • Burning Blade and Onyxia
    • Chromaggus and Garithos
    • Dalvengyr and Dark Iron
    • Drak’Tharon and Firetree/Rivendare
    • Dunemaul, Maiev, Boulderfist and Bloodscalp
    • Hakkar and Aegwynn
    • Nesingwary and Vek’nilash
    • Rivendare and Firetree

Next Realm Connections
    Once determined, dates and times for the next round of realm connections will be provided in the General Forum and in-game breaking news.

Next Round
    • Haomarush and Detheroc/Dethecus/Blackwing Lair
    • Stonemaul and Bloodscalp/Maiev/Boulderfist/Dunemaul
    • Tortheldrin and Frostmane
    • Winterhoof and Kilrogg
    • Gul’dan and Skullcrusher/Black Dragonflight
    • Lightning’s Blade and Burning Blade

Plans for these connections may change at any time, but we’ll provide additional updates on specific dates for future connections here as we can. Please note that as a part of the connection process realm times may change to match each other.

For more information on Connected Realms, please read the preview blog post here.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Realm Population Issues
    Blizzard has currently done everything they can, pouring tons of resources and money into making a system that allowed cross realm, guilds and servers.

People are stuck on ether a dead server or a server with a queue of two hour. How to solve this you ask? Well here we go, this conclusion will blow your brains out, it took me years of thinking, but I think I finally know how it can be solved! Are you ready!?

Make paid character transfers free already.

The resources they put into making cross realm guilds would have been better if put into a creating a automated transfer system.

What do you guys think? would free char transfer solve these issue?

Actually, it might make matters worse.

Hypothetical situation: You're on a nicely balanced realm with a healthy population. The next day a large portion of players from your faction decide to move to another realm for whatever reason, maybe to dominate the opposite faction there. With no cost involved, it would be an easy thing to up and move on the spur of the moment. Your realm would now be quieter and you'd be on the minority faction. You'd probably want to move as well after that. Would anyone from your faction ever roll a char or transfer willingly to that server once the faction balance was skewed like that?

Right now, if people could freely move to whatever server they wanted, what do you think would happen? I strongly suspect the busier realms would get busier and the quieter realms would get quieter. The horde-heavy realms would become horde-only and the same with Alliance.

But I'm genuinely interested in your opinion on this, what do you think would happen?

Oh yes what about connected realms ? It was suggestively due for 5.4 but right now it just looks like GMs' little playground, where they seem to pick on a day basis what servers would be fun for them to connect, for example on the French side, Naxxramas and Temple noir who are both deserted, which must be useful...
    Connected Realms were designed specifically to tackle the issue of low population realms. We've begun with the process as mentioned here, and there are many more realms yet to be connected. It has been a long and careful process, selecting which realms to connect, and we're pushing forward with it carefully but purposefully. Realms will continue to be connected with other realms until they have a healthy population, so please don't assume that we're done with the realms that have been involved so far if their population isn't yet ideal.

As I said earlier, the ability to move for free, even with a cooldown, could potentially cause overnight faction/population fluctuations which the current costs somewhat prevent. However, we are always looking for ways to help with faction imbalance/population issues, so please continue with your feedback. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

News Recap
    There has finally been some news recently, so here is your chance to catch up!

Last edited by chaud; 2013-10-29 at 04:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where does the doggy come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzic518 View Post
    Where does the doggy come from?
    Source: Blizzard Pet Store
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/npcs/74402-alterac-brew-pup
    Last edited by chaud; 2013-10-29 at 05:24 AM.

Are we actually sure that the old recruit a friend mounts like the Zhevra and Rocket are coming back, or is that just a guess based on the even more rewards?

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzakid2093 View Post
    Are we actually sure that the old recruit a friend mounts like the Zhevra and Rocket are coming back, or is that just a guess based on the even more rewards?
    That appears to be what they said.

Wonder if the Fel Drake's ground mount functionality will be restored in this patch.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    How do we obtain the recruit-a-friend pets? One friend is one pet? That's kind of lame if it's true.

The pets are strictly for asia-land.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    The pets are strictly for asia-land.
    Wrong

Some pets that were previously only used for promotions in Asia are now Recruit a Friend rewards.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

i really wish they'd update all the old hippogryphs and gryphons to these newer models. it's just straight up painful to ride any other gryphon mount after the grand armored gryphon, now it'll be the same for the hippogryph QQ

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Wonder if the Fel Drake's ground mount functionality will be restored in this patch.
    It will be i tested it on the PTR last week and it works fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sealtest View Post
    It will be i tested it on the PTR last week and it works fine.
    Great to hear, thank you.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

holy hell that Paragon video in the news recap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you get the murkalot directly into your pet tab or is it mailed? My account is frozen atm, so just curious.

I remember those pigs was from asia events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    How do we obtain the recruit-a-friend pets? One friend is one pet? That's kind of lame if it's true.
    That's the point of RaF for Blizz to get people to invite friends and make money off new people.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Murkalot, What if your ticket is on someone elses account? A friend of mine bought my ticket for me when they went on sale. How would I obtain the pet if I don't have it on my account?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyito65 View Post
    For Murkalot, What if your ticket is on someone elses account? A friend of mine bought my ticket for me when they went on sale. How would I obtain the pet if I don't have it on my account?
    If I recall you should be able to gift it like store mounts and pets.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyito65 View Post
    That pet is theirs now. :/

I got the collectors edition of Starcraft 2 and wanted to give my wife the pet, but Blizzard support states that once its added to that account, there is no way of getting just the pet transfered off.