Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    and then put even better burden gear in the game
    Unless you have fantastic RNG, the burden gear is not better than LFR gear. Even with a good suffix it lacks gem slots. At best burden gear should hold you over until you get LFR gear that is better itemized.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I had a 30-40 minute queue as a healer during the middle of the day on sunday.
    And your point of this little anecdote?

Sorry, but your anecdotal evidence fails to prove in any way whatsoever the point you are trying to make.

If the assertion is "LFR over a lunch break is impossible" all someone has to do is demonstrate an instance where it was possible to disprove the assertion, which I have done.

If your assertion is "LFR over lunch is not always possible" then I would agree with you.

If your assertion is "LFR over lunch should always be possible" then I would argue that you are being unreasonable and/or have unrealistic demands/expectations.\

And back to the OP: Getting upset because he can't get a full LFR group at 3am in in the morning, a time at which the vast majority of people on the planet are fast asleep, is a bit peurile.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2013-10-28 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    Guess ppl haven't figured it out yet, but queues can be near instant for dps now as you can queue for 5 things at once. Like queue for all 4 parts and 1 MSV run as filler, you'll never wait more than 5-10 mins at the beginning, and the next runs in the chain will usually be popping instantly after the last boss of the current run is killed.

i queed up as dps last sunday night. in 30 min i got inside a grp. only first boss was dead (wing 3 btw)

and we came at spoils.. after 4 wipes i was soooooo tired of it. and at start of the next try some lame mage used TW. i was like, fuck it.

opened all the boxes i could and left the raid.
    also some hours wasted.

but i had only 30 min que

You will never get a fast or good party after 2 am est, same as with weekdays before 2 am.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    You seem to be quite full of yourself, isn't it?

Not everybody who is running lfr can be considered bad.....
    I'm hardly full of myself. LFR attracts the worst of the worst players. Decent players are doing flex, good players are doing normals, and exceptional players are doing heroics.

The "I just don't have time to raid" excuse doesn't hold water anymore when queue times are exceeding an hour. If you have time to wait an hour in queue, take 2 hours to clear a wing, and spend another hour waiting for tanks/healers... then you have to time to join a normal raiding guild.

Don't worry though. I'm sure next xpac, LFR is going to be tuned to require no tanks or healers exactly like the craptastic scenarios.

Given how ridiculous a wait the op is looking at it's quite possible that he found himself on so many peoples ignore list that the matchmaking system is having difficulty placing him in any groups.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    I'm hardly full of myself. LFR attracts the worst of the worst players. Decent players are doing flex, good players are doing normals, and exceptional players are doing heroics.
    Your assertion that all the players in LFR are "the worst of the worst" is utter garbage. There are plenty of decent players in LFR, even some good players, as well as the occasional exceptional player.

Besides, the only way you would have any clue about the quality of actual players doing LFR is if you were a participant, which would make you, by your own definition, the "worst of the worst" :P

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    The "I just don't have time to raid" excuse doesn't hold water anymore when queue times are exceeding an hour. If you have time to wait an hour in queue, take 2 hours to clear a wing, and spend another hour waiting for tanks/healers... then you have to time to join a normal raiding guild.
    Totally invalid:

1) The "time" factor involved in doing normal raiding generally refers to the ability to schedule your time rather than an absolute quantity. For a typical normal raid guild you would need to be able to commit to being online every week on specific days for specific time slots. LFR allows people to play at random times on random days. LFR allows people to log off at a moment's notice if they need to, or to change their minds about whether or not they are going to play today, tomorrow, or whenever.

It is quite possible to successfully play in a normal guild with less than 10 hours playtime a week, and it is also quite possible to spend 30 hours a week playing but not be able to commit to a guild schedule.

2) LFR queues don't generally exceed more than half an hour, let alone an hour. Also, being queued in LFR is not necessarily a waste of time like being in a raid looking for more is. For example, you can do dailies and farm for coins on the Timeless Isle while in the LFR queue, but not if you are in a raid group.

Besides which, "I just don't have time to raid" isn't even the only reason why a decent player might decide to do LFR. Personally I do it with my DK tank to fill out the bosses I missed in Flex so that I can progress my Legendary Cloak. I also get the Valor Points. I also get a few potential gear upgrades.

Even though I could do this all in Flex, I choose not to, because I have found that Flex = a more stressful experience overall. Don't get me wrong, I like Flex immensely and it has opened a bunch of new opportunities, but sometimes it's just easier to queue in LFR and chill, letting the tool do the work of finding and maintaining the group. Also I believe LFR is less risky in terms of success than Flex. For example, the other day I wasted more than an hour on a fail Flex group. Joined the raid, waited 20 mins for it to find tanks and heals, during which time I couldn't do anything. Then we wiped for 40 mins before people left, 15 minutes more trying to find tanks and heals, more wipes, and the group disbanded. Got nothing out of it really....

I don't know any other game other than WoW where you have to wait in a que so freaking long to play a game. It's just not right, plain and simple. LFR's philosophy is good but it just doesn't work. Don't get me wrong, I love WoW, but LFR needs a lot of fixing or just needs to be removed.

Deleted
    Yeah blizzard should force people to do LFR with you so the queue is shorter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    lfr was created to 'fit it in a lunch break'
    link source for that claim pls...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    I don't know any other game other than WoW where you have to wait in a que so freaking long to play a game. It's just not right, plain and simple.
    Most games with matchmaking systems have this issue. Starcraft 2 comes to mind, especially if you're queuing at a slow time and for an unpopular game format. LoL games can take some time also.

Few hours before weekly reset and surprised theres no groups.

Yeah.

Might have better luck running a dungeon if you just want to troll people with your wife. LFR is an activity for earlier in the week.

ALso nothing wrong with the tank/healer/dps trinity, dps players just need to learn how to play tanks sometimes. If only 10% of the DPS population would tank, it would solve all those lfr queue problems. But DPSers are a breed of their own... Entitlement issues and selfish playstyle.

- - - Updated - - -

The queues are determined by the people, not the game.

Complaining you can't get into lfr at this hour on the last day of the WOW-week is like going to a basketball court at 1am and complaining there is no one to shoot hoops with. You have plenty of opportunities for such things, just cant do it at shitty times of day.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Of course lfr is for those that dont have the time for organised raids......

I often see the same thing, and then due to massive queues and time restraints just log off, hence the lack of a current sub for the game.

You might as well join an organised raiding guild, the time constraint is the same.

Had a 2 hour queue on my paladin to kill the Sha in terrace for the legendary quest.

I guess with alts it will be a pain to do now, you can get all drops in SoO, yet quest specific drop in older raids.

And if hardly any one queues for them, well..., why even bother getting legendary cloak on an alt.

no one wants a gnome

I had 2 toons get stuck in limbo when I queue for lfr as tank. So perhaps I'm just really unlucky or the server issues blizzard is having is the cause of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Your assertion that all the players in LFR are "the worst of the worst" is utter garbage. There are plenty of decent players in LFR, even some good players, as well as the occasional exceptional player.

Besides, the only way you would have any clue about the quality of actual players doing LFR is if you were a participant, which would make you, by your own definition, the "worst of the worst" :P
    Nope, I don't do LFR anymore. Therefore not a participant.

Also basically everything else you said was hilarious and wrong. I'm too lazy to quote it.

Is this 3am or 3pm?

If 3am you really don't have a leg to stand on.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 hour and 50 minute queue last night, popped around 23:00. One shot the first boss and then a tank and 3 healers left. Then the rest of the raid. I left when we were down to 6 players in the group.

Edit: Forgot to mention I queued as healer
    Last edited by Bodom; 2013-10-29 at 09:56 AM.