Poll: Why don't you tank SoO LFR?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I dont tank cuz i dont want to carry those slackers/afkers. Sorry but when I see Im doing almost the best dps as a tank, When I as paly tank do 3rd 4th healing done. When I mark skull / cross on proper targets and I say what to do in encounter, and everybody dont give a single shit id rather go and dps...

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Don't know how to get above 500k HP at ilvl 520 on Monk, while I see other classes tanks having 750k at far lower ilvl.
    and why is stacking stam for LF"R" even an issue?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

because you can't afk lfr as tank

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Don't know how to get above 500k HP at ilvl 520 on Monk, while I see other classes tanks having 750k at far lower ilvl.
    Because since 5.4, free 496 gear has allowed people that don't know their class and/or how to tank free entry into every LFR. So you get a fresh 90 with full 496/timeless doing completely random things causing wipes, etc...

Also, if you tank and make 1 mistake, you're either booted or 1-2 people rage at you the entire time...

So... why bother help those people? Let them sit in 45min queues...

The time invested compared to the reward is very unappealing for my case these days. It is simply ridiculous that a single wing takes several hours to complete. On top of that, flex is just a much better alternative.

voted something else. because I do tank LF"R"s. But would I choose not to it would be because of the cess pool of "players" and I use that term extremely loosely that you will find there.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Boredom. If I'm looking for a quick queue, I'll go tank, but out of time constraints to get my legendary stuff, not because it's enjoyable.

My boredom rate for LFR roles is Tank > Heals > DPS

It's all boring to be honest, but given the choice of roles, at least I feel I have more to do when I DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    The learning curve for tanks seems to be rather steep compared to dps or heals. and the lack of understanding by the rest of the group equates to the raid raging on my lack of knowledge about the raid. I have dps'd the raid and watched the videos on youtube but there is only so much you can learn by watching. My guild is to small and casual to do 10 mans so I am limited in my ability to get experience in the raid. So I avoid the grief and just play my dps.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I don't want the responsibility" is my answer, when I run LFR I'd rather stay offspec. Unless I really want it all done fast.

Tanks get all the control over flow of fight, and just have too much to do in LFR.
    While other people's mechanics are significanltly "softened" from fails, tanks have it hardest. I'm not talking "damage taken" of course - but I'm talking about everything else tanks have to deal with.

Hell, tanks are the ones that get Leader/Assist by default. And they're the ones people count on for making assignments, telling tactics to ignorant, controlling whole fight...

I can relax as other roles, but as tank my experience in LFR is almost same as flex/normal.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    The time invested compared to the reward is very unappealing for my case these days. It is simply ridiculous that a single wing takes several hours to complete. On top of that, flex is just a much better alternative.
    To be fair, the effort vs reward in LFR is ridiculously high.

Deleted
    if you have to ask why I don't tank LFR, Then you are in most likelihood, one of the players that make me not want to tank.

For me it is a combination of not being 100% on the fights from a tank perspective. I do my research but until i am in the thick of it I am a little unsure of myself. That coupled with players intolerance for tanks just learning the fights makes me hesitant to take my prot warrior or blood dk.

It was 10 times the work and a ton of abuse for the same reward.

Pretty much a combination of:

1) Chances are the other tank will have zero clue how to do the fights, and while I don't mind explaining it I don't want to deal with the inevitable "Just go" in chat or deal with wipes due to the other tank not really knowing what they need to do.

2) While I think I'm a pretty good tank I don't want to put up with abuse from random people simply because they can get away with it, and who expect to just faceroll everything without effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DuleRa View Post
    For me it is a combination of not being 100% on the fights from a tank perspective. I do my research but until i am in the thick of it I am a little unsure of myself. That coupled with players intolerance for tanks just learning the fights makes me hesitant to take my prot warrior or blood dk.
    Also this, although I've tanked at least once on every fight other than the last three (and have a fairly good idea of what to do on those)

i i do not have a tank spec, and i do not wanna tank either.
    the pain!
    ugh.

i did heal during cata on my priest. but since i moved server i no longer play him. not that he was 90 alrdy.
    i tried to level a new priest. but leveling is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring. WTB insta lvl 90 button.
    if i had a lv 90 priest i would gear it and heal in LFR. but i dont have and cba to lvl it.
    so ye just a dps lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine is a combination of not wanting the responsibility and not knowing the fights well enough. As an LFR hero I feel someone that actually raids and knows the fights should really be tanking but I have tanked a couple wings and basically stumbled my way through it. The other problem with not knowing the fight is I don't know if the other tank is F'ing up either, so I just end up feeling lost as a tank.

I don't do lfr often but I tank it when I do. After all it's the spec Im best at (on both my chars) so this is the best way to speed up the run

Deleted
    Blizzard should come up with a different mechanic other than taunt at x stacks. Having to take SoO this week because our tank was away the conversation before every boss is "how many stacks do I taunt at on this boss?". Tanking is dull and boring, and I guess that is why a lot of people don't do it in LFR.

I don't tank it because peoples is too rude, they expect every tank entering lfr being Kungen, knowing perfectly the tactic and be able to carry the for the wing so why i should do them a favor and spec tank? i just spec dps and patiently wait or do flex.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Tanking is dull and boring
    It varies from person to person imo. The problem is (imo) that in lfr tanking is the hardest job while in regular raids (normal/hc) tanking is the easiest job.