Poll: How should Blizz handle "race-expansions" going forward?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

[ExpV] How to handle new races.

So historically expansions have followed a trend of 2 races, class, 2 races, class (and race). Assuming this trend holds, we're due for a 2 class expansion next.

And since there's been discussion for weeks about what class, or what we want from new models, maybe we should focus on the new races for a moment.

Traditionally, 2 races mean one for Alliance and one for Horde. However, with the new Neutral Race tech, could Blizz blow our minds and introduce 2 neutral races instead? Or could Blizz use new models as an excuse to only add one Neutral Race?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I would rather see updated character models than another pair of half-implemented races.

Adding a class wouldn't require near as much art team resources, so could be developed in conjunction with character model updates.

Then again I'm not sure I want a new class either, they seem to have more than their hands full balancing the ones we have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urukk Wartusk View Post
    I would rather see updated character models than another pair of half-implemented races.
    Same. I think we have enough races and enough classes - some MMO's get by with just a few. Give us some new looks, please

Models all the way and no new races or classes. That is of course if they have no new race/class that is utterly mind blowing, but how would I know that I want it, if I can't imagine it?

As a non option is missing I voted class in this case.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    1 for horde, 1 neutral

Deleted
    One neutral race + updated models.

Deleted
    I'd rather prefer an option for no new races/classes just new models. I think we have enough classes and races at the present time, and most models are outdated now for Vanilla and BC races.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosclaw View Post
    I'd rather prefer an option for no new races/classes just new models. I think we have enough classes and races at the present time, and most models are outdated now for Vanilla and BC races.
    I left that out intentionally because I wanted to force a choice. I know right now majority opinion is model updates and no race/class, so every poll will have that win.

Kinda dilutes the point of discussing races if everyone votes for none.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were Evil blizzard I would come out with a new race for each faction and make the new alliance race have a racial bonus that puts Alliance racials ahead of Horde racials by like 0.5% and reap in the sweet money as all the top guilds faction change. Muahahahahaha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I left that out intentionally because I wanted to force a choice. I know right now majority opinion is model updates and no race/class, so every poll will have that win.

Ah, in that case I'd probably vote for 1 neutral and new models. I did like the approach with the Pandaren

If it's just going to be another furry race, don't bother implementing it.

Seems like the races that can actually wear boots properly are quickly getting outnumbered by those that can't...

/rant

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

In that respect - no more neutral races. Not a fan. Keep it 1/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post
    If it's just going to be another furry race, don't bother implementing it.

Seems like the races that can actually wear boots properly are quickly getting outnumbered by those that can't...

/rant
    I relate to this even though Trolls aren't a furry race. As I was killing Bloodlord Mandokir today I looked at his toes and now the image will forever haunt me in my sleep

2 for horde and bloodelfs, especially male ones get transferd to alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Any time this pops up I just have to ask; Exactly what new races are left that could seriously be considered good racial candidates?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    2 for horde and bloodelfs, especially male ones get transferd to alliance
    I'll deal with you if they become High Elves. Moahahaha :P

people need to just let go of new models for right now.

the chance of us getting them next expansion is slim and weve never had n expansion with nothing in it and we just got a new class so we will 99% sure get a new race next expansion.

personally i would want 1 for alliance 1 for horde 1 neutral. its the 10th anniversary next expansion if you cant give us new models go all out.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Any time this pops up I just have to ask; Exactly what new races are left that could seriously be considered good racial candidates?
    There don't seem to be that many, but after Pandaren, which were unexpected, I'm sure Blizzard could add any playable race they wanted

Don't you think that trying to perceive a pattern with a sample size of 4, wheres the forth element already breaks the pattern, is kinda pointless? Then there is the thing many people tend to overlook that for TBC the removal of faction barriers for shaman/paladin was already a big thing, as back then having characters of the opposing faction was not that common as it is today and therefore for alot of people we kinda had new classes during tbc as well.

I also don't get your dilution argument, to put in a more abstract form:

Horde race: HR
    Ally race: AR
    Neutral race NR
    Class : C
    Models: M

Your options therfore are:
    1. HRAR
    2. NRNR
    3. NRM
    4. C

which makes your possible combinations look quite aribtrary.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-10-29 at 06:51 PM.

I don't think fishing for patterns will unveil any real insight to blizzard's thought and design process.

They generally add new classes/races as the new setting seems to fit it in.