Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    the difficulty in LFR doesn't come from the bosses, it comes from the players who don't know how to do the mechanics.
    in the last two tiers of LFR blizzard has had to effectively almost "retard-proof" LFR to even get people to clear it.
    Yes, and that's a difficulty level. Some games like Mario Kart and Pokemon and Super Smash Bros are built so kids can beat them, and they essentially have an "easy" difficulty, yet you can play them competitively using lots of strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You were doing good until this point. Don't need it to be a invaluable asset to the guild. I however, take pride in putting as much effort into our 35 player team effort as possible. Something that is desperately lacking since players like myself are called the "1%"
    Ahh ok now I understand, whats funny is that until i "reply with qoutes" the second part of your post didnt show.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Pretty much, yes.
    Weaken Trinkets, to the point that they are inferior to last tiers HC trinkets, but still better than last Tiers LFR trinkets, so LFRers can have nice stuff.

Do make the tier bonuses NOT work with a LFR/normal combination (leave Normal/HC combos funtional) and by logical extension, give the Tier pieces from World bosses a different Item-ID, to make them work with both LFR and Normal Tier versions or just remove them from those bosses.

There ya go: No there truly is nothing for the HC raider in LFR, except pets, which can be bought via AH.

Limit that to Hardcore progression raiding where most chars are actually undergeared for the encounters, and we are in total agreement.
    World bosses are fine.

The trinket solution I truly have no idea to balance. This is partially to blame on blizzards part for how radically different the SoO trinkets are. Literally has never been anything like them for passives.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-10-31 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    I don't have the time, skill, or commitment to be an Olympic athlete, but I still want to experience what it's like to compete and win medals. Therefor they should allow in absolutely anyone who wants to compete and award everyone a gold medal just for being there. Why should only the people who dedicate enormous quantities of their time and energy towards a specific goal be the only ones who can reap the benefits of that kind of dedication? It just isn't fair. I have 3 jobs, and 12 kids, and I just don't have time to work at being an olympic level athlete, but I want to experience what its like to be one. I want to be able to go to the stadiums and see everything that all those people who put on the games spend so much time and money building and setting up. Why should only the olympic athletes get to enjoy all of that stuff? It is more fair if everyone can go. Afterall, the Olympics are just "games", it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

It would make everyone a lot happier. Except of course the olympic athletes who for some reason are now all pissed off that they aren't the only ones getting gold medals anymore. How shallow and pathetic their lives must be that they must acquire all these gold medals only for themselves and feel that somehow it lessens them if other people are allowed to get them.

Edit: By the way, I was just kidding. I do have the time, skill, and commitment to be an Olympic athlete.
    Since when were iLvl 528 gear, no achievements, no titles, and no mounts equivalent to the gold medal? LFR rewards and Heroic rewards are COMPLETELY different. LFR rewards are like the participation rewards you get for playing in your local league with a bunch of friends. Heroic raiding is the Olympics. They're completely different leagues

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post
    I just bought a new Xbox-game, why do i have to play the whole campaign before I can get to the final boss!!!!!!???!!?
    But those campaigns have an easy difficulty and a hard difficulty. Just like LFR is the easy difficulty and Heroics are the hard difficulty. It's exactly the same thing

I can see a case for raiding being exclusive but it would look far different then it does today.
    Last edited by hasekmpp; 2013-10-31 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Since when were iLvl 528 gear, no achievements, no titles, and no mounts equivalent to the gold medal? LFR rewards and Heroic rewards are COMPLETELY different. LFR rewards are like the participation rewards you get for playing in your local league with a bunch of friends. Heroic raiding is the Olympics. They're completely different leagues

- - - Updated - - -

But those campaigns have an easy difficulty and a hard difficulty. Just like LFR is the easy difficulty and Heroics are the hard difficulty. It's exactly the same thing
    LFR isn't easy difficulty. It's cinematic mode.

And even then the sliding bar is too low.

LFR: Look im playing with feet!

Flex: Easy

Normal: Medium

Heroic: Very Hard

Quote Originally Posted by Svettmormor View Post
    This is so silly.. If you want something, work for it, put your time and effort into it.

This is how the world works. Why should WoW be diffrent?

Also.. I raid 9 hours a week.. 3 hours 3 evenings per week. I've cleared 11/14 Heroic. To clear Normal, 2 hours one night a week would be enough, it will just take you longer to do so. Obviously.

It's silly that people feel that they are entitled to get access to everything without putting any work into it.
    Do you have to "work" to play basketball with your friends after work? No, you don't. That's what LFR is.

It's not like basketball courts are blocked off unless you practice 3 hours every day. What, is there a guard at every single basketball court that doesn't let you in unless you prove to him you practiced 3 hours every day?

Raiding is like a sport: you don't HAVE to put time into it to do it. You can play sports with your friends who all suck without ever practicing, just for fun. Same with raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    On a side note: LFR is similar to the vile nature found in moba games which is why some of them have heavily enforced rules against bad behavior (League of Legends tribunal, Dota League was very quick with bans,.....), which is something that LFR would desperately need (because the kick function is lacking to say the least).
    I think games nowadays have larger issues with the playerbase not being able to accept that they indeed are terrible players and that's okay than the actual balancing. It's too easy to just point and blame someone else and without accepting that you can never become better.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    There ya go: Now there truly is nothing for the HC raider in LFR, except pets, which can be bought via AH.
    How is that a solution when just a few posts ago you stated that the concept of LFR doesn't work if proper players aren't getting lured in.

If LFR was football everyone would be on the same team running towards the same goal. But to make it difficult most of the team would get tiered and need to sit down every 5 steps.

The opposing team would be cardboard cutouts placed onto the field to avoid.
    I rarely get outraged by mundane things but I remember completely losing my shit when some soccer mom told me that her sons team don't keep score during games. I can't remember when I would have gotten as angry as that before.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2013-10-31 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    World bosses are fine.
    In the system I proposed LFR folks would have to chose between higher item level and 2p bonus or 4p LFR item level, since the combination wouldn't unlock the 4p bonus. That's why I said that their Tier either needs to be an exception or removed.

I agree that the World bosses are fine now.

How is that a solution when just a few posts ago you stated that the concept of LFR doesn't work if proper players aren't getting lured in.
    A so called "trivial solution", my dear.
    Since Blizzard needs Raiders in there, there will ALWAYS be something to lure them in. So all these discussions are actually rather moot, since Blizzard will never ever give up their preciousss LFR.

So Raiders just have to deal with that crap if they want to raid high end. :/
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-10-31 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xLeon View Post
    It's the very nature of every game to deny you content if you're not good at playing the game.

You're bad at Megaman, Contra, Mario -> you don't get to see end boss.

You're bad at Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, Resident Evil, Half-Life on normal difficulty -> you don't get to finish the game unless you lower difficulty
    You're still too bad at the easiest difficulty -> you don't get to finish end boss at all.

You're bad at Normal mode raiding -> you don't get to finish end boss unless you lower difficulty (LFR / Flex)
    You're bad at LFR -> you don't get to finish end boss at all.
    Exactly: games have difficulty levels. If you can't beat it on the easiest difficulty, you can't beat it. LFR is just a difficulty level, it's easy mode. I don't see why we should get rid of it.

Kael did prevent you from entry into Hyjal/BT until the removal at a certain point. Please don't say idiotic things.
    Nah I mean you are free to try everything to game has to offer. We all pay the same 15$ and we all get the same content. You will be successful or not is another problem entirely. Pls stop insulting other people.

Legendary items at the start of the reset. Powerful superior trinkets? Lets not even talk about INTRO tiers where you have subpar 5 man gear to LFR. LFR encourages EVERYONE to run it no matter the skill gap.
    Legendary is the only thing that does and it pretty weak at that. You either don't raid on a tuesday...or if you don't have a job/class to eat up your time before your tuesday raid....or you get sat/choose to sit a lot. If that is you then maybe LFR is worthwhile....and only if you are near completion. Such that you can complete that phase before your raid week is "over". So yeah not very compelling.

Powerful superior items? LOL only if what you have is shit to start with is LFR "powerful" There probably have been/are trinkets that for certain specs at certain gear levels (IE ilevel>lfr ilevel) where the procs rates get a little crazy. I haven't seen enough of that to happen to say it designed that way.

If your late to the party and your gear is behind, yes I'll say running LFR may be enticing for the rewards...but mostly because it is the easiest obtainable level to enter into.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Lets be honest here. Duality is 14/14 HC and raids 30 hours a week. That's insane IMO. However, raiding 4 hours on Wednesday night and cleaning up Sunday isn't insane.

Content SHOULD be gated behind skill. Not sure why you think somebody go us terrible should be downing Garrosh, especially since then the encounter has to be tuned to their level of suck.

Since Wrath raiding is no longer an extraordinary time commitment. It is just scheduling in time to do something once a week. Most people do this with Sports and hobbies anyway, and WoW is a hobby. People cling to the "well it's a video game lol" and while I can't argue with that, their approach is counter to the basis of MMOs.
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill? Plenty of single-player games don't require skill, when they put in an easy difficulty. They still allow you to beat the game without being good at it. Same with sports: you don't have to be a pro athlete to pick up a basketball and just play with your friends one day

Do you have to "work" to play basketball with your friends after work? No, you don't. That's what LFR is.

It's not like basketball courts are blocked off unless you practice 3 hours every day. What, is there a guard at every single basketball court that doesn't let you in unless you prove to him you practiced 3 hours every day?

Raiding is like a sport: you don't HAVE to put time into it to do it. You can play sports with your friends who all suck without ever practicing, just for fun. Same with raiding.
    No but if you suck dick at basketball nobody will want you own their team or give you the ball if you are. AKA WoW raiding! Suck less... get more!

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    No the super popular games are geared towards adolescents. But as far as the MMO crowd goes, WoW is falling from them.

Top selling games like GTAV and CoD don't take aspects from WoW. The problem I see is Blizzard tryin to reach to far and losing players who care about the original basis. MMO for WoW. Intense dungeon crawl for Diablo.

- - - Updated - - -

Entirely honest, your approach o the game shows you don't belong in an MMO. No it isn't a chore, it is a hobby. But you still put in work. Instant gratification + MMO = mess.

Don't wanna commit? Don't play an MMO. I hate first person games. I don't expect every FPS to have a very good 3rd person system because they are an FPS. Don't expect an MMO to not need lots of work because it is an MMO
    That makes no sense. MMO is a genre that describes Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games. Nothing in that description requires that an MMO take time or require work and investment. You can easily have an MMO that doesn't and still be an MMO

Why? Why should content be gated behind skill? Plenty of single-player games don't require skill, when they put in an easy difficulty. They still allow you to beat the game without being good at it. Same with sports: you don't have to be a pro athlete to pick up a basketball and just play with your friends one day
    You answered your own question. WoW is a team game. If you suck why would anyone want to play with you. Who likes leeches? Yuck!

No but if you suck dick at basketball nobody will want you own their team or give you the ball if you are. AKA WoW raiding! Suck less... get more!
    If you play with all people who are bad at basketball, no one cares. If you play with people who don't care about winning or losing, and just play to exercise, they won't care if you suck. That's casual basketball. So there should be casual raiding just like that, and that's LFR

Deleted
    Why do people feel raid content should be exclusive only to "good" players?
    Raiding is not or has never been exclusive to anyone. The content is there for everyone, noone is getting special access to it. If you have an inability to kill a boss that is not the same as being denied access to it.

Why is it that if you want to go into an instance, fight a big boss that has mechanics, and want to work together with a larger group of people, you HAVE to put in 15 hours a week and be good at the game?
    You dont have to? There are several 1 day raid guilds that have cleared all normal modes. They probably put in less time than anyone doing LFR.
    There are also pugs that clear all content in 1 night.

Why should the new boss models, the new instance architecture, the new art, all be exclusive to people that can put in X amount of time and put out X amount of DPS?
    Why is the arena gear, mounts and titles exclusive to the people that put in x amount of time and put out x amount of wins? Why is daily quest rewards limited to the ones that has the time to do them, why is the loremaster achievement limited to those that have the time to do all quests in all zones, why are the celestial tournament limited to the players that got the time to level up 15+ level 25 pets.

I could go on and on with everything created in this game. That is how games work, especially subscription games. *Shocking news*, blizzard wants you to spend more time in the game so you spend more time being subbed so they earn more money! */Shocking news*. That is why the best rewards in anything, be it pet battles, questing, pvping, pveing, fishing, cooking archeology etc is given to the players that spend the most time, so that the players that do not want to spend more time doing it.

The difference is that in raiding you can take the short cut of being good to complete it fast. While being good in say pet battles may help a bit, it is still a long grind to get up all those level 25 pets for pet battles. Completing all normal modes took my guild 7 hours of game time, I have spent 10x that on pet battles and I am not even remotely close to seeing all pet battle content.

I don't really get why raiding, as an activity, needs to be exclusive. I mean, do we require everyone to be 100% physically fit to play any sort of football? We don't, so why should there be prerequisites for engaging in raiding as an activity? I don't see why Normals/Heroics should be the only difficulties of raiding.
    The problem would be that you are comparing raiding which is the most organised form of playing WoW to footbal in loose terms. Organised football do require everyone to be physically fit to play. If you are not fit for raiding, there are a ton of other stuff you can do in WoW, a lot of which is even more time consuming than raiding.

I'm not saying that there should be un-exclusive modes of raiding (I know LFR and Flex exist), I'm asking why people think LFR and Flex should be removed, and that raiding should only be exclusive to "good" players
    While I have seen a lot of people complaining about LFR, me included, and a lot of people want it removed, I am a bit conflicted on the matter myself. I am 100% sure that the current form of LFR needs to be changed in one way or the other, that does not mean that LFR does not have its place. But the naysayers of LFR got some good points and it is fairly obvious that LFR does not only bring positives to the game.

I have not however seen a single person say that Flex should be removed on these forums. Granted, I dont read through a majority of the threads. Though from what I have been able to see, Flex has had a large consensus of approval. Personally I think Flex is great and awesome. I do miss the old Glory of the X Raider achievement, getting it from flex felt a bit less rewarding and satisfying, but I understand why they changed it to that. Maybe that was a good change I dont know.

LFR won't go anywhere so I don't think people need to worry about it. Too many of LFR threads lately.

You answered your own question. WoW is a team game. If you suck why would anyone want to play with you. Who likes leeches? Yuck!
    If you're in an environment where you can suck and still complete the content, you're not a leach. A group of 6 shitty basketball players can still play basketball together and have fun. A group of 25 unskilled players can go into LFR (if Blizz tunes it low enough) and still kill bosses. You don't need to be good at a team game to beat content, if that content is easy enough.