Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decrepitate View Post
    Just a quick question. Just got toxic Totem normal, and have to swap out one of my other Flex/ lfr trinket. ( Im ilev 561 atm)

Its a matter of swapping out either the Immersius LFR (2/2) or the Black Blood Flex (2/2).

The reason I ask is because Simcraft tells me to keep the Immersius lfr trinket, but my logic ( confirmed by sparkuggz trinket list and AMR ) say that i should pair it with BB.

What do you guys think is the best option atm.

Thanks
    Immersius trinket is must have for destro lock, it gives you higher crit dmg. But then again that my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decrepitate View Post
    Just a quick question. Just got toxic Totem normal, and have to swap out one of my other Flex/ lfr trinket. ( Im ilev 561 atm)

Its a matter of swapping out either the Immersius LFR (2/2) or the Black Blood Flex (2/2).

The reason I ask is because Simcraft tells me to keep the Immersius lfr trinket, but my logic ( confirmed by sparkuggz trinket list and AMR ) say that i should pair it with BB.

What do you guys think is the best option atm.

Thanks
    you need to remember that sparkuggz' trinket list is in BiS gear and is only really value in that kind of gear as values change all the time, hell changing my galakras boots with the boots from dark shamans, completely changes my scale factor values from mastery>crit>haste to mastery>=haste>crit, but with those trinkets is a cointoss really, but personally, i would use the bindings and KTT. for the BBoY it depends a great deal on how good you are at utilizing the stacking int proc, if you're very good, then BBoY should be better, if you're not, bindings should be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Olorout View Post
    Almost any fight with adds looks really good for destro at the moment because of shadowburn padding. Lining it up well with havoc obviously results in an effective dps increase, but usually we're getting huge numbers on a killing blow to a mob with no health purely to regenerate emberbits. Norushen HC obviously has a load more adds than we are physically able to havoc shadowburns onto the boss with (in the first 50% at least), but shadowburn every damn one of them we do.

This is my big fear for destruction at the moment. I hope Blizz don't see the numbers as enough of an issue to decide to nerf the spec, as I genuinely think we aren't really ahead of other classes on how much USEFUL dps we bring to a fight. If they nerf us to make the numbers look equal with other classes while we are still padding damage with shadowburn, it basically means we'd be doing less dps than other classes in the things that really matter.
    The thing is though, we're already close to the best spec in the game without shadowburn gaming or any form of aoe. When you add those factors in, even if you reduce the 'padding' of shadowburn down to realistic levels, we still stomp all the other specs. Heroic galakras logs are pretty funny when you consider that most of the mobs health pools are too large to get one shot by shadowburn, almost all of it is real damage and not overkill.

I doubt blizz will nerf destro. They spent most of 5.4 buffing it to a competitive level. It has very low (virtually none) pvp representation so we dont' have to worry about any pvp related nerfs. Destro works well with nearly any gear combo in terms of secondary stats as long as you grab your 4pc. Aff is a haste/mastery addict and demo just wants raw stinking ilvl (and a 4pc).

As far as trinkets go I just got my bindings last night and already have norm 2/2 BB and heroic KTT. Sims say its a gain for bindings + KTT even over BB in both destro and demo...though the gap is smaller for demo. I'm at 573ilvl atm so it may vary but I'm setup for max secondary stats. (have a HWF helm off immerseus but cant' wear it till I get htier.legs or htier.shoulders) Tried sims with 3pc and using the 580 helm vs my norm tier and it was a pretty big loss...thus stick w' your 4pc. Personally I prefer bindings + KTT since my luck is that at high BB stacks the boss always throws something at me thus craps on my best efforts. The window is so small for BB and chaosbolts that its so easy for a raid hazard or just a small misjudgement in haste to really screw up your parse since the gap between a 10x stack CB and a regular one is about 1m+ per bolt.

Destro is probably blizzard's best (warlock) example of simple to learn, harder to master in that the real gains aren't in the rotation its ember spending during procs, havoc/sburn cleaving, etc. That plus the pvp aspect is why I don't see it getting nerfed really. The only thing blizz might do would be to make any ember consuming spell consume 3x havoc charges thus no more 3x shadowburn cleaves but even that is destro's skillcap/niche so doing so would be like eliminating dot snapshotting for aff. Wouldn't hurt the LFR player much but would gut the top level players...

What is the estimated dps gain of the 2 set bonus alone and the 4 set bonus alone???

It has been 6 weeks and not a single tier has dropped for me untill today where i got my hands ( PS: 6/10 ppl in my guild are 4set bonus normal:/), I wanted to know how much would the 2 set bonus have an impact on my dps single target and cleave and the same for 4 set bonus.

There must have been someone who has simmed or research this before?

Deleted
    Quick question.

How are others utilizing the 4set? Is it best to only chaos bolt with "ember master" when under other procs and use it for regen otherwise? Or to chaos bolt/shadowburn every time it procs?

I would imagine the second scenario possibly leaving you ember starved at crucial points.

As it stands atm I use the procs for regen unless I have jade spirit + lightweave up or another proc of equal/greater power.

Would love to get this cleared up

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    Quick question.

How are others utilizing the 4set? Is it best to only chaos bolt with "ember master" when under other procs and use it for regen otherwise? Or to chaos bolt/shadowburn every time it procs?

I would imagine the second scenario possibly leaving you ember starved at crucial points.

As it stands atm I use the procs for regen unless I have jade spirit + lightweave up or another proc of equal/greater power.

Would love to get this cleared up
    Use it first and foremost for maintaining high-crit Immolates. Only use it for CBolt if you will otherwise have to cast an unbuffed CBolt and you don't have any Immos to apply anywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Use it first and foremost for maintaining high-crit Immolates. Only use it for CBolt if you will otherwise have to cast an unbuffed CBolt and you don't have any Immos to apply anywhere.
    Okay so pretty much as I suspected, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    What is the estimated dps gain of the 2 set bonus alone and the 4 set bonus alone???

It has been 6 weeks and not a single tier has dropped for me untill today where i got my hands ( PS: 6/10 ppl in my guild are 4set bonus normal:/), I wanted to know how much would the 2 set bonus have an impact on my dps single target and cleave and the same for 4 set bonus.

4-set is huge for everything. 2-set is good for AoE but mediocre for single target. I don't have any straight estimates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post

i think i calculated the uptime of the 2pc to be 5-6% with 32ish% crit for me, so overall its prolly the equivalent of 0,4-0,5% crit for single target if my napkin math is accurate, so it wont impact your dps much. it will prolly proc once every 3 minutes.

If its 5+ mob aoe then the 2pc helps...single target is one of those sub 2%, probably sub 1% things. You just want the 2pc en route to the 4pc which helps a high haste/max mastery build generate embers and offer a minor proc to work around. Demo also likes 4pc though its 2pc is a beast. Aff does well w' 2pc but seems to prefer ilvl > 4pc thereafter so long as its haste/mastery itemized.

There is a 10 sec ICD to the destro 4pc so faster ember generation doesn't let you roll it. If you can pandemic refresh an immolate with the 4pc its a gain but not worth recasting before midpoint afaik. You can spend a chaosbolt if you are at 3.x embers but otherwise try to wait for trinkets, darksoul, skullbanner, or combinations thereof.

Think the gap between 580 helm/3pc (heroic chest/hands, norm legs) and 4pc (norm helm) was about 7K so ~2% loss per 540-5 single target despite going up 20 ilvl on the helm.

Deleted
    brusalk a little question
    there are a max cap for crit? i've got 27 %crit but low haste 9%
    should keep a critical maximum around 25 and raise haste?
    mastery of course statistic priority!!!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/characte...a/Reiuz/simple
    thanks

Crit and haste are largely interchangeable for destro. You can change them back and forth and gain/lose a couple hundred dps on 350K+ so its really a small matter. Well within the RNG "noise" variance. You might see a minor bump scaling flux just past say the 10.1K haste breakpoint on immolate but really its a playstyle thing. Do be sure to run sims on not only 2x target but aoe as well since SoO tends to be a bit more complicated than single target in a vacuum...

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Crit and haste are largely interchangeable for destro. You can change them back and forth and gain/lose a couple hundred dps on 350K+ so its really a small matter. Well within the RNG "noise" variance. You might see a minor bump scaling flux just past say the 10.1K haste breakpoint on immolate but really its a playstyle thing. Do be sure to run sims on not only 2x target but aoe as well since SoO tends to be a bit more complicated than single target in a vacuum...
    Thought the idea was to convert as much haste as possible into mastery/crit.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I was under this impression as well, just finished swapping most pieces to mast/critn

Here's what Sparkuggz has to say on the matter: http://sparkuggz.com/destruction-has...crit-meta-gem/

"When we talk about the second tier of stats we reforge after mastery, it really doesn’t matter. Like really, DOESN’T MATTER. We are talking about switching 4k crit vs 10k haste mainly and other way around. The difference of stats for destruction are close to nothing, it’s pretty much equal, haste=crit"

Anyone able to tell me what would be better, I just cant decide :/

Lever of the Megantholithic Apparatus 567(Warforged) or,

Gaze of Arrogance 561(Normal)

Thanks in advance

#up

Lever of the Megantholithic Apparatus 567

Quote Originally Posted by Dissemoen View Post
    Anyone able to tell me what would be better, I just cant decide :/

Lever of the Megantholithic Apparatus 567(Warforged) or,

Gaze of Arrogance 561(Normal)

Thanks in advance
    Take the spellpower gains (867 spell power by my math). It should outweigh the lack of mastery on the Lever.

Quote Originally Posted by reiuz View Post
    brusalk a little question
    there are a max cap for crit? i've got 27 %crit but low haste 9%
    should keep a critical maximum around 25 and raise haste?
    mastery of course statistic priority!!!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/characte...a/Reiuz/simple
    thanks
    There isn't really a max cap on crit benefit. Jut get more Haste/Crit and like Werst said it's largely interchangeable. I have seen a symbiotic relationship with Haste/Crit such that too much of one makes it less beneficial than the other, assuming you have 4pc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    For single target, Mastery>Crit=Haste is not best. However, the more you AoE the better Mastery gets (and FAST).

As a trend, what I see as the number of targets, n, increases, then the rough estimate value of the stats is something like

Haste = 3+1.25n
    Mastery = 2+1.5n
    Crit = 3+n
    (Those numbers aren't exact, but give a rough estimate of what I'm trying to get across if you think mathematically best)

That is, up until 5 targets Haste is very, very good. Past that Mastery scales up in value a ton. Crit is about equal to Haste, but falls behind the other stats with more Haste.

Single target Haste/Crit is very similar, with 2-4 cleave Haste is very, very good. Past that Mastery scales best.

HTH.