Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think what the LFR haters want is for casuals to gather around the Auction House mailbox in their green and as many as two (2) pieces of blue gear, and marvel at them in their *gasp* purple epics. Emotes of /e chants "We're not worthy" are preferred. No casuals should be on a mount either, so as to ensure that they can properly appreciate the special achievement mount the 1337 people are sitting on.

This is my strong suspicion as to what the complainers would prefer. I can't think of any other reason to complain - as a normal and eventually heroic mode raider, I love LFR - I use it to get my set bonuses sooner, fish for upgrades (just ran Galakras in LFR last night trying for the belt, curse my timeless belt) etc. My average item level is 561 equipped, 562 otherwise due to some warforged gear I won't wear because it would break my four piece. And that's not even counting when I get bored later and start playing alts.

More to the point, casuals having epics doesn't take anything away from me. It just doesn't. If it did I would care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If you put epics in non-raid content then the same guys screaming now about LFR would be screaming that you can get it in easier than lfr content and the rest would be screaming that their guild would require them to do that to get a purple. Look at how much bitching there was because a purple ring was at the end of a daily rep grind.
    Purples have been given out for rep grinds and running 5 man dungeons since TBC. I think we can safely ignore anyone who complains about it.

I really hate how people look at LFR in a vacuum. Very few people are going to quit and just say "LFR".

Its the changes that came with LFR to the community, the attitudes of the average player, and the idea that you deserve everything. It also attracts ADD gamers who have no intent on sticking with the game, thus the high turnover rates. LFR was a short-sighted implementation.

The thing that made the game better before was that whining and being shitty got you nowhere. People who wanted to play shut the fuck up and did what they had to do to get what they want. I still dont understand why people who didnt want to achieve those goals bothered playing. Why play an RPG if you dont like them?

Deleted
    Another LFR thread? -sigh- Anybody else remember when Molten Core was dubbed Molten Bore

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I am in a guild with 2 other active people and I haven't spoken in guild chat in like a year or so. I don't raid cause I can not commit to a schedule. Leave LFR alone if you don't like it don't do it. Leave shit alone
    Youre exactly the kind of player who needs to be pushed back out into the game. With LFR, you and thousands of others just slink back into isolation and queue-based play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Not really. Most of us know how to use knives and forks, how to measure out flour, how to pour, and how to use appliances. We've grown up learning to do that stuff because you typically have to cook to eat unless you're following some oddball diet. When I want to try out a new recipe I don't need to spend 45 minutes watching videos and reading strat guides so that I can teach nine other people how to help me barbeque ribs. I just follow the directions and get it done with no prep beyond what that recipe demands. Over time I will find ways to improve and/or expedite steps in the recipe, but that's done "on the job" and not through study.
    Would you practice your new cooking skills before cooking a meal for 9/24 other people? I'd be pretty embarrassed if I tried that from scratch and making something horrible and inedible.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    You use the tools are your disposal. Just because you do not agree with something does not mean you cant abuse the shit out of it for your own benefit.
    LoL! You can’t abuse something that is specifically designed for this purpose! They put good stuff in LFR so you can’t be denied a place in a normal raid, so you can move alts into a raid, so you can move into raiding without being dragged to the loot. If ‘abusing the shit’ out of the system makes you feel better about being a hypocrit and lets you sleep at night then have at it. It’s like saying, “Man this car can go 60 miles an hour, I’m going to abuse the shit out of it and drive 60 miles an hour!” ROFLMAO!!

Youre exactly the kind of player who needs to be pushed back out into the game. With LFR, you and thousands of others just slink back into isolation and queue-based play.
    Who are you to tell him he has to play like that?

If he is still enjoying his experience (and he obviously is because he's subbed) then what is the problem?

People (incorrectly) complaining that LFR is forced upon them as 'hardcore' raiders, yet they wish to force different play styles on those who are perfectly happy.

I love all the LFR fanboys calling out how LFR is needed for casuals and when they are said we need alternatives they yell out NOOOOOOOO IT WILL KILL LFR

They are just as exclusive as the elitist raiders who refuse to give out purples anything outside LFR.

Just as raiders are minorities the hardcore LFR fanboys also don't represent everyone. They too are minority but blizzard listened to them this time and subs didn't even remotely start to stabilize
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2013-10-31 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    You didn't see all the complaining about how LFR is forced and mandatory? Remove gear and everything solved.
    Then remove gear from raiding while you are at it, then no one complains about gear at all and everything solved. If its forced and mandatory thats on your guild, not Blizzard. Stand up, be a man and say no, then like a man live with the consequences. If your guild forces you to crawl up an elephants ass for a purple ring and chew your way out and you let them make you do it then thats on you, not blizzard for putting the elephant there. If you don't want to do it don't belong to a guild that requires it. Its on you to be a man, not society.

I find it pretty hilarious that 'hardcore' raiders are complaining that LFR is forced upon them and they hate it because it's easy.

What did you do to gear up before LFR? Heroics.
    What are first tier raids balanced around? Heroic instance gear.
    What are you doing by over gearing the 'Normal' raid content with LFR gear? Making it easy for yourselves.

Do you see the irony?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    (Guild) Raidleader, “Man LFR sucks, just a bunch of bads with welfare legendaries and welfare purples. ”
    (Guild) Raider, “Yeah, they should not allow them to have tier sets or trinkets, give a people areason to join raiding guilds.”
    (Guild) Raidleader, “Totally, oh BTW Healer1 can’t make it to raid tonight, you have any friends that can fill in as a healer? Without a Healer we won’t be raiding tonight.”
    (Guild) Raid, “I’ll check.”
    Raider whispers to friend, “Hey you have a healer alt right? Are they raid worthy because we really need a healer tonight to raid.”
    Friend whispers to Raider, “Yeah I have a mistweaver, all LFR gear including 4 piece set, BIS trinkets and legendary cloak.”
    (Guild) Raid, “I got us a healer for tonight!

You guys don’t bitch and complain about LFR dropping this stuff when its helping you drop your raid boss. Hypocrits.
    Or you know, find a flex geared healer. I don't care about people without the time/desire to do organised raiding getting epics or even a legendary, just so long as it doesn't mean that normal mode raiders will benefit from doing it, so if you want to optimise your character you don't need to set foot there. I think it's a really good tool for seeing the content that you otherwise wouldn't which it is there for, but having done normal I personally really dislike doing it but sadly there are a few upgrades there for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    No you don't need to study to play...you need to study to play the harder difficulties. But people who aren't wanting to study to get better to do the harder difficulties are complaining they can't do it and feel it is unfair. Totally different.
    That's not what they complain about. The complaints are that there is not enough content at the easier difficulties. That's because Blizzard chose to exclusively invest in the harder difficulties. LFR is just their attempt to rectify the lack of easy content without having to take their focus off the hard content. That wasn't done to sate casuals' appetite for heroic raiding; it was purely done to appease them so that they could continue to meet the needs of the heroic raiding community. I don't know how many times we've been over that.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

I am a casual player doing our guilds Flex run once a week for 3-4 hours and that is it. The rest is LFR which I hate gimme Wrath/ Cata 5-mans spammable content that granted both Valor and gear. I dont want to do LFR more than once because of the toxic environment.

Or use the new Down-leveling system so all content in game is current and have it drop gear good for your spec and level. I would love this GW2 style.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    also on the cooking note...sure I know how to cook, but I want to make a chocolate mousse cake or whatever it is (I don't cook so laugh all you want). Now I ASSUME chocolate is involved in the recipe but have no clue what else. Now would you like me to come make you a cake or would you prefer someone who took the time to look up ALL the ingredients and prep time and cooking heat do it for you instead?
    Unless you're a professional chef chances are that you're going to follow a recipe with simple step-by-step instructions. That's a given, and takes all of 5 minutes to do for anyone who can use the index in the cookbook. Your example is ridiculous because no one would cook like that. The closest thing that matches what you've said is to use a store-bought chocolate mousse mix, and those are typically pretty good. Of course most of the time I would prefer a mousse cooked by a professional chef who has refined their recipe over the years, but the pre-made store-bought mix is almost as good.
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

That's not what they complain about. The complaints are that there is not enough content at the easier difficulties. That's because Blizzard chose to exclusively invest in the harder difficulties. LFR is just their attempt to rectify the lack of easy content without having to take their focus off the hard content. That wasn't done to sate casuals' appetite for heroic raiding; it was purely done to appease them so that they could continue to meet the needs of the heroic raiding community. I don't know how many times we've been over that.
    really? because I see lfr players say they see the same content heroic raiders do in lfr all the time. what content does heroic raiders have that lfrs don't? it seems to me we have the same content just different difficulties. So I don't see how heroic changes anything for lfr people. I mean heroic raiders have a harder difficulty of the same thing lfr players see and can work towards..I don't see your argument being anything but a reason to bitch.

Deleted
    Your example is ridiculous because no one would cook like that.
    I agree it's not a great analogy, however there ARE people who go into lfr without taking the time to look up the fight or even how to play their class.
    The closest thing that matches what you've said is to use a store-bought chocolate mousse mix, and those are typically pretty good. Of course most of the time I would prefer a mousse cooked by a professional chef who has refined their recipe over the years, but the pre-made store-bought mix is almost as good.
    What sort of player are you comparing the this to? I don't think that anybody can do medium-good dps without learning the class or "looking up the recipe" in this analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I love all the LFR fanboys calling out how LFR is needed for casuals and when they are said we need alternatives they yell out NOOOOOOOO IT WILL KILL LFR
    Please cite a post that does that. This is the only constructive post to offer viable LFR alternatives:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    it's casual players who provide the vast, vast majority of the playerbase in this game and it's high-time they stopped being fed reconstituted and watered down "content", just so that Blizzard can justify making rock hard raids from normal up...
    All the other posts have ranged from "they don't deserve any content because they lack devotion" to "let them run flex" to "let them grind My Little Panda's Island Adventure for epix." Do you really think anyone will be happy with alternatives like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    If the dungeons were tuned at a Cata/TBC level on heroic, and Wrath level on normal, that would be absolutely awesome for both casual and hardcore alike.
    I mean as a heroic raider I really only needed a handful of truly difficult bosses to keep me entertained. Wrath was a fun expansion to raid in despite having about half of the number of heroic/hardmode bosses Panda does.

So yeah. Bring on the dungeons!
    I think this very thing may happen. Blizzcon will be interesting this year.

Q: I'd like to see 4 difficulties for dungeons. Leveling, Max Level, Heroic Max Level, and Challenge. Epics for H mode like TBC.
    "Yeah, we think tough heroics could work so long as they aren't the only route to gearing for LFR and flex raiding."
    Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 8/19/13
    I'm also interested to see how the new annual expansion is going to change things. If you consider a 4 month patch cycle, things start looking like this:

Expansion1 -> patch 1 -> patch 2 -> Expansion 2

If Blizzard can make changes to dungeons, scenarios, BGs, professions, brawler's guild, pet battles, etc. to accommodate a non-raiding progression system; Blizzard might finally be in a position to stop forcing everyone to raid.

A crazy-talk side note: Blizzard might also want to consider changing LFR to be a 25 man scenario in the future. Tanking LFR is not pleasant. Don't misunderstand me, I'm OK with LFR, but think some improvements are possible.

Please cite a post that does that. This is the only constructive post to offer viable LFR alternatives:

All the other posts have ranged from "they don't deserve any content because they lack devotion" to "let them run flex" to "let them grind My Little Panda's Island Adventure for epix." Do you really think anyone will be happy with alternatives like that?
    lol so its just the name as is said before that bugs you...no bitching would happen if lfr was called normal....then you would feel better about yourself. and no this thread doesn't have better alternatives...25 man for heroic only? many of us prefer 10 man heroic raids....why take away 10 man heroics? that makes zero sense, but so does any lfr persons argument so go figure.