Poll: Assuming the same abilities are affected, what mechanics would you choose?

Deleted

The solution to cooldowns that reset cooldowns

A lot of people seem to question whether or not abiltiies such as preparation. cold snap, and readiness should actually exist - Whether they should just half the cooldowns, or add 2 charges to the cooldowns.

My suggestion is, why not do all of the above? Why not have a talent tier, where you have to pick between those options. Assume that all these talents affect the same abilities .

Option 1 - A cooldown that resets all cooldowns
    Option 2 - passive. Reduces the abilities cooldowns by 50%.
    Option 3 - passive. Gives the abilities 2 charges.

Which would you choose and why, Do you like the idea? Would you choose differently for pvp? Is one mechanic simply stronger than the others? Post your opinion below.

I actually think this would be a particularly interesting change for rogues, and I myself would vote for option 3.

I also think this is what more talents should be like - they should take an ability and modify it, not necessarily add bloat or a new ability.

option 4: more gear that actually have effect on cooldowns such as http://www.wowhead.com/item=105472 or the 2 piece set of the hunter t16

in general i begin to think that any cd that can be used 1 or max 2 time per boss is superboring
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Option 5: The 5.0-5.3 Divine Purpose of Protection Paladin/T16 Hunter 2p, using X ability reduces to CD on Y ability.

Either that or Option 2 imo.

Readiness, what's that?
    I actually liked it, really wouldn't mind if it returned. The 2 charge deterrence Hunters have now is awful :/

Readiness was interesting in theory, but incredibly boring in practice. It wasn't really much fun in PvP, and the only thing it did in PvE was make your rotation marginally more complicated. Just give stuff two charges and reduce some of the excessive button bloat.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    in general i begin to think that any cd that can be used 1 or max 2 time per boss is superboring
    It depends on your role. As a DPS, when to use your big magic button is generally going to be very obvious with little strategy involved, but for tanks and healers a "once per fight" cooldown can be interesting.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Needs removed full stop as an active ability.
    Made gameplay in PvP hugely reliant upon or favouring hitting someone twice with the same cooldown.

Charges are a possibility, and a good one at that given the option in other selected cases.

Rogues: sprint on charge system, shorten vanish cooldown. Not sure about evasion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Rogues: sprint on charge system, shorten vanish cooldown. Not sure about evasion.
    I was talking about if you could only use one mechanic, and at the moment, charges is looking like the favourite. It keeps the usefulness of prep, without the button bloat or the penalty of not resetting unused cooldowns.

I'm still curious to know why people actually like cooldowns that reset cooldowns. It cant just be due to their potency, because charges also allow the use of back to back abilities but not everyone is preferring them.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdeh View Post
    I'm still curious to know why people actually like cooldowns that reset cooldowns. It cant just be due to their potency, because charges also allow the use of back to back abilities but not everyone is preferring them.
    Probably because it was an easy way to overpower people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Probably because it was an easy way to overpower people.
    Yes but, even when given that as an option, or charges on the abilities themselves as an option, people restill choosing the active ability to reset cooldowns.

I actually think is a likely talent tier for expansion #5. Blizz said in a post a while back, they were debating whether or not to just directly shorten the cooldowns. Charges is a similar mechanic, as is preparation.

I think it's likely they will add two charges to abilities affected by abilities such as preparation, especially in the case of rogues.