Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Game store, insta ding button

Lets say, blizzard decides we need an insta ding button.

Current Xpack is MoP and max lvl is lvl 90. since we should not be allowed to skip 85-90
    the insta ding button would give a new char insta lvl 85.

with the new Xpack this button would give insta lvl 90 since MoP is no longer current content.

achievement needed:
    at least 3 toons leveled to MaX lvl of the current content.
    account being older then 1 year.

this to ensure, that the player who is using it has enough XP with the game so when a new char is made he is not sooo confused.

note: blizzard will NEVER add such a button, im pretty sure of that.

question: would you buy it for 20 $/euro in the Gamestore?
    my tought: i would not buy it! but i would really love it. leveling is soo boring. and if the button would be allowed to be traded ingame. yeah i would get it for Gold.

post your thoughts

Ps: soz for bad english :P

15+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts are what is the point of paying for the games if you're not even gonna play it. Yes I know leveling is pointless at this point but come on. As I posted in a previous thread, I too enjoy paying to not play the game I pay for.

no waste of game resources if u dont like leveling maybe you should play something other then RPGS

Hmm i'm not sure about this..

on one hand i'm always for gold sinks and convenience changes
    but i feel that the WORLD of Warcraft has been cramped down to a single city lately
    and with a instant ding function, would anyone ever go around the older zones for any reason anymore?
    people barely go to do quests anymore because of the LFD spam.

No, i would not buy a instant lvl (or max lvl) for 20 $, as the lvling experience is my favorite thing when i create a new character, its also a way for me to learn the class, abilities and speccs.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    My thoughts are what is the point of paying for the games if you're not even gonna play it. Yes I know leveling is pointless at this point but come on. As I posted in a previous thread, I too enjoy paying to not play the game I pay for.
    I agree with the first and last sentence, but I think leveling is the most important part of being at max level. Leveling is where you learn the class and the abilities. I personally think that the shorter leveling, heirlooms, triple XP is a big reason why people get to max level while still missing big parts of their class. If you're a player who researches the best spec and rotation on a class before you level it then this would be fine, but 95% of players are not like that and leveling lets them figure it out to a certain extent.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

We've had suggestions like this for years. It won't happen until WoW is on its last legs and almost dead.

No and here is exactly why. I used an insta 85 for my druid way back and I am HORRIBLE with the druid. I never learned to play it through leveling up so now it's just sitting at level 87 and I use it as a jeweler.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd support paid levelling, on ONE condition:
    - If you pay for one or more levels, that toon will NEVER be able to group up with other players, enter instances or read/write in chats...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Pay to not play a game that you payed to play, makes sense...

Leveling in WoW is pointless and painful, if you have done it like 10 times, it doesn't net you anything (well a leveled character of course and some knowledge of it). Any seasoned player can pick up a max level char and make it work efficiently in a day, so that's not an argument. I would prefer if we had the option to "buy" a leveled character, if the account has like the OP said, more than 3-4 already max level chars, but that option would be only once per account. This will ensure that you will not stop leveling at all if you love alts, but it will help tremendously with "that alt I just need for *insert reason*, but I'm too sick of leveling atm".

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I agree with the first and last sentence, but I think leveling is the most important part of being at max level. Leveling is where you learn the class and the abilities. I personally think that the shorter leveling, heirlooms, triple XP is a big reason why people get to max level while still missing big parts of their class. If you're a player who researches the best spec and rotation on a class before you level it then this would be fine, but 95% of players are not like that and leveling lets them figure it out to a certain extent.
    It took me just over 3 days of in game time to level 1-90 with most heirlooms (no pants).

I think people that aren't able to learn their class in the 70+ hours required to level their character are never going to really learn their character.

Bad players will continue to be bad

Deleted
    It would make more sense if you could pay to swap classes on a character. That way, you've at least played the game.

well couple months ago we did a reroll on a new server and i always liked my priest for healing.
    if i had the money for transfer i would do that, but buying it for ingame gold i would.
    and it such much asked ingame chats for insta max lvl button, cuz leveling is sooo freaking boring. and myself aint learning something new.
    i would skip the leveling part and head into raiding.
    i always liked healing on my priest, now im missing it. and healing while leveling dosnt work tbh. mobs dont die and running the same dungeons over and over again that i have seen 656563763675426427645266 times before aint fun.

hence my post

Frizzlewits, i think that a Class-relearner would be a better option then, the ability to re-roll your current character to a different class.
    when the reroll is complete, you are presented with a starter gear (think SoR gear)
    It wouldn't be worth to re-roll every month for FoTM because you lost your old gear, but if you were tired of your old class, you would have the option to try a new one, without having to spend time on creating a new character (if you were willing to pay for it obviously)

but as i said earlier, i would prefer if they kept lvling as is. the world needs more people
    I like my coffe like my mages.

without leveling this game could just be a launcher with the instance queues built in so you dont have to leave your desktop.

tbh, i probably wouldn't end up taking advantage of this.

but i'd be tempted.

the problem for me, is that i already have most classes at 85 or 90, so i wouldn't get much out of it. although, it would save me the pain of trying to level a priest/hunter. i used to have a hunter at 70 in tbc and 80 in wotlk, but deleted it and started a new one, cba to level it any more.

priest i have also tried to level umpteen times, but always get stuck around level 60 when i get to outland.

so yea, even after levelling all my other toons the traditional way, i would still want to boost those 2 toons up to 90, but not 85... i'd have plenty of time to learn how the class works whilst gearing up for raids - either through dailies, 5 mans, scenarios or timeless isle type stuff. but my god, the only only reason those 2 toons are not 90 already is that i find them painful to level, yet i would love to raid with those classes and i'm perfectly capable of reading up on class rotations and abilities in order to not suck at it.

i'd also like to bump my shaman up to 90 to be able to heal raids, but i hate levelling my shaman - i find enhancement no fun anymore and elemental just isn't for me - i used to love healing on my shaman, but levelling as a healer is just impractical and screw 5 mans, the xp from the MoP ones was atrocious, but i suppose healers get quicker queue times so i might have to try it... if it came down to a choice of money Vs healing 5 mans, i heal the 5 mans for those 5 levels - but money Vs cataclysm levelling /take my money

edit: also, i got a free level 80 warrior at the beginning of MoP from the recruit a friend thing, had no problems levelling it and playing it - quite enjoy raiding LFR on it nowadays. if you do your homework on a class, you can pick them up fairly easily, it's just knowing what button does what and how to link em all together for best effect.
    Last edited by smokii; 2013-11-01 at 12:54 PM.
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    No and here is exactly why. I used an insta 85 for my druid way back and I am HORRIBLE with the druid. I never learned to play it through leveling up so now it's just sitting at level 87 and I use it as a jeweler.
    Maybe you don't pvp much but I wonder how some of you guys can counter some tricks from other classes if you don't know your opponent at least to a decent level (and here I'm talking about getting the upper hand in an equal fight or one that you should lose because of gear/opponent class). Yes I have alts now, but before I only had a warrior, priest and a rogue, but I always knew how to play with any fully leveled class at a decent level ( in pve I can always catch up rather easy just by reading a few notes from other players and in PVP I can always hop on PTR to get a feel of the class and it usually is enough ).

Don't get me wrong, I won't play the other classes at their full potential, but not because of leveling, because I'm not investing the time to fine tune the tricks for each class ( usually I can predict with a very high accuracy where and how a rogue might attack me just by knowing a few tricks, pathways and other stuff that will get hardcoded in most of the rogues with time ).

To the op, I don't think an instant level button would fix anything and it will actually bring some frustration with the gear choice that blizzard might come with (even for leveling, hitting AH after you payed is not really fun).
    I think another option would be to give players the chance (a choice) to stack some sort of buff that comes from having maxed alts that would increase the xp gain by a lot (way higher than heirlooms and maybe close to RAF after 3-4 alts) until a certain level, heirloom items are good, but to my view not the ideal solution, it could be combined tho.
    It should not affect players too much because they can choose if they want to level faster or at a normal pace. Keeping heirlooms should keep players from thinking there is an unfair advantage to go slower (I know a few cases where people told me they feel forced to use heirlooms to match some other players gear) and let players choose if leveling is boring or not, I love leveling for example but I respect other players decision to consider it boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    Frizzlewits, i think that a Class-relearner would be a better option then, the ability to re-roll your current character to a different class.
    when the reroll is complete, you are presented with a starter gear (think SoR gear)
    It wouldn't be worth to re-roll every month for FoTM because you lost your old gear, but if you were tired of your old class, you would have the option to try a new one, without having to spend time on creating a new character (if you were willing to pay for it obviously)

but as i said earlier, i would prefer if they kept lvling as is. the world needs more people
    relearner? why?
    i do not wanna get rid of my current main. i wanna have both!
    sometimes i just wanna log an alt and do something els. but only options i got is a mage and a warlock.

during wrath i had 8 toons at max lvl all diff classes. and during cata, i had 9 and 2 of them are leveled from start.
    im really burnt out with leveling.
    i managed to get 3 toons at max lvl, the third came from the reroll
    Last edited by Frizzlewits; 2013-11-01 at 12:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    since we should not be allowed to skip 85-90
    if you have to have a max level character in order to use the insta ding button, why should 85-90 not be skippable?

I would pay to skip 85-90 as just personally i find it the most tedious. =)
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    If there is an "insta ding" button, I want it to be an achievement on the player's account.

So I could point to myself and say "See? Never used it."

And if I got in an LFR where, say, both tanks and 4/5 healers used it, I would just drop out and do pet battles rather than run with people who very well might not know their class and spec. (They might, but I wouldn't risk it)