Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Blink 182 is a good band and I will be watching the closing ceremony.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll definitely stay this time! They were a huge part of my teenage years. I've been to Blizzcon the past two times it was on and I didn't stay after at all, I mean Tenacious D? nty. I never really got into Foo Fighters, and neither did my boyfriend so we didn't stay. I'll make him stay for Blink though.
    [/CENTER]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verjin View Post
    I mean, can't be that many punkrockers going to blizzcon? (my own thought, not a statement)
    youre not seriously saying blink 182 are punk?
    dear oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Blink 182 is the right choise for Blizzcon, if blizz thinks the target audience is female and under 15.
    the 15 year olds that loved them at the height of their popularity are in their mid to late 20s now pal.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Because the name sounds retarded?

- - - Updated - - -

Horrible horrible tween-pop...
    As I suspected, youth-trash.. I guess I was too old for it, 13 years ago.. Was probably too old for it 25 years ago, if they existed back then....

Except for that, I till haven't heard then before, and probably never will..
    WOW! Asshole much? All you have to say is "I don't like their music", yet you go and rail on them for no reason.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    the 15 year olds that loved them at the height of their popularity are in their mid to late 20s now pal.
    Yea and they stopped listening to them after going through puberty. I find it funny the ppl defending most likely don't even know the contents of the lyrics. The band was built for teens and prepubescents. How do you expect a mainly adult audience to identify with that. There music isn't timeless like other great bands, because they are singing about nonsensical teenage drama.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Read what I wrote, once more...
    I said I'll do the same I do with PvP event: Skip it..
    I haven't compared the two, in any way..

I skip PvP, because it offer no value to me..
    I skip the music, because it's aimed at an audience, too ypung to attend BlizzCon..
    How old do you think people have to be to go to blizzcon? Blink 182 was big in the late 90's to the early 2000's and was mostly aimed at that time towards anywhere from teens to college age people. That puts their fanbase (even if its just a nostalgic fan base) in their late 20's through mid 30's. So you didn't grow up in the 90's (or didn't grow up in the US) but that's no reason to bash on music you don't know. At this point your just being a dick to be a dick.

I mean, can't be that many punkrockers going to blizzcon? (my own thought, not a statement)
    Blink 182 is pop punk.

You want punk? Look at Black Flag, Bomb the Music Industry, Big D and the Kids Table, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    BlizzCon: the event where people spend hundreds of dollars to be present when a video game expansion is unveiled* and they complain about the crappy band that's set to play the "closing party".

*don't deny it, the main draw of this thing is the panel where they reveal the next WoW expansion, and it is the reason 99% of WoW players care about it
    This exactly, I could care less about all the other crap. I just want to know wow's latest and greatest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shoulda got papa roach. Damn guilty pleasures.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    youre not seriously saying blink 182 are punk?
    dear oh dear.
    Everyone knows they're black metal.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love your toon's name lol !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    First I've heard of them.
    Same here. Ive looked it up. apparently their some lame 90's band. Why cant blizzard get someone from the century to play? If they had a mainstream band, heck doesnt even have to be that mainstream just current. Maybe then I would go. Blizzard is so two faced. In game they cater to casuals and at blizzcon they try to get in with the old mature crowd.

Why cant blizzcon be cool blizzard?

Deleted
    Strike Anywhere are the only band formed since the 1980s with any right to call themselves punk.

Blink 182 were pop. Nothing about their act was punk. All image and trivialities.

No I won't at all. I listened to them when I was 10. They're not my style of music. I'm not a fan of Punk-Pop at all really outside of some Oldschool Green Day

10+ Year Old Account
    music is more or less noise to me

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    Strike Anywhere are the only band formed since the 1980s with any right to call themselves punk.

Blink 182 were pop. Nothing about their act was punk. All image and trivialities.
    Eh, I like Rancid (formed 1991) and don't consider them pop-punk.

Also like Dropkick Murphys (formed 1996), don't consider them pop-punk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    music is more or less noise to me
    ditto lol..can't understand when people say that a terrible song or a good song they all sound the same >.<

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    ditto lol..can't understand when people say that a terrible song or a good song they all sound the same >.<
    I don't care what type of music people enjoy or don't enjoy, but not to be able to enjoy any music sounds like a terribly sad existence.

Only marginally better than not being able to enjoy any type of food.

Which is good, because odds are that punk rock fans aren't listening to this band.

Oddly enough, black metal is about as close to the punk aesthetic as you'll find these days.