Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Murloc's!
    who doesn't want to play a murloc ?
    I don't want to play a murloc.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    no new races... they're busy enough with new character models... I'd rather they finish those.
    i just dont see them finishing in time. and i dont think they would give us a new expansion with no bonuses like a class or race and i dont see them adding another class so soon.

id rather have new races then have nothing all expansion and then when we get to the end of it have blizzard say "well so and so happened and were at 50%" or something like that.

we dont know how long those new models are going to take and theyve made it clear they arent willing to sacrifice new expansion features and content for them.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

It is time my friends! OGRES FOR THE HORDE!!

ARAKKOA FOR THE ALLIANCE!

id be pretty tempted to race change my death knight

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post

The Ethereals have been taking over the neutral race schtick every since. I am not saying their addition is impossible, but if they had been planned to be added then surely Blizzard would have come up with an alternative for the transmogrification/reforge/item upgrade/void storage dudes.
    That's a great point. They weren't neutral before.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post
    There's clearly going to be new playable races just like EVERY expansion.
    TBC: BE and Draenei
    Wotlk: NONE
    Cata: Goblin and Worgen
    MoP: Pandaren

Not every expansion has had a new race. Wotlk had a new CLASS. MoP was the only one to have 1 race 1 class. Nothing is set in stone here.

High Elves for Alliance.
    Ogres for Horde

And wait fooooooor it.........

Etherals as a neutral race

Every faction would be happy this way I think but that's me hoping 10th anniversary and all that!

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

ARAKKOA FOR THE ALLIANCE!
    No, I don't want those ugly ass birds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    It is time my friends! OGRES FOR THE HORDE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    id be pretty tempted to race change my death knight

I've often said Ogres were simply too ugly to be desired by either faction.

But IF they look anything like that who could say no?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragewulf View Post
    TBC: BE and Draenei
    Wotlk: NONE
    Cata: Goblin and Worgen
    MoP: Pandaren

Not every expansion has had a new race. Wotlk had a new CLASS. MoP was the only one to have 1 race 1 class. Nothing is set in stone here.
    Maybe not, but the odds, 5 per 4, are not exactly betting odds in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    However their announcement of increasing their staff size and aiming for an expansion-per-year goal also doesn't put the odds in your favor either, as having a new class/race every year would quickly decay the quality of things as they'd have no time to properly tune them or match them to lore.

Updated models with subraces.
    At first Alliance gets High Elves. Horde gets Draenor orcs. High Elves due to the return of Alleria Windrunner, new Orc models due to the "return" to Draenor.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    The big issue this time though is the effort they are spending on rebuilding the character models.

On the other hand this is the now or never moment for Ogres and Chris Metzen is apparently eager to add them.

I've often said Ogres were simply too ugly to be desired by either faction.

But IF they look anything like that who could say no?!
    I think gear is the key. The fat naked ogres you see in most of WoW aren't really that appealing, but put some tier gear on them and they could look quite awesome.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    Updated models with subraces.
    At first Alliance gets High Elves. Horde gets Draenor orcs. High Elves due to the return of Alleria Windrunner, new Orc models due to the "return" to Draenor.
    Can we have one new race thread about actual new races please? Always with the elves...

Quote Originally Posted by Ragewulf View Post
    No, I don't want those ugly ass birds.
    You'd prefer new character models, yes. Well, 25% done in one year really isn't looking all that great. That means we'll see the completed products in 3 years at this rate. That'd be around the time of the expansion after this one. Unless Blizzard really decides models > content, I don't think we'll see the progress go much more rapidly than this. Also, the fact they've shown us nothing at all and given us vague, lame information is a real confidence booster to those who'd really like to have new player models. I'd love it if they unveiled them at Blizzcon, but I really don't see it happening. (Please prove me wrong, Blizz.)

So we're stuck with:
    -Nothing
    -Player race
    -Class
    -Player race/Class

As added options to the game. And I think it would disappoint a lot of people if there was nothing really added. I mean, saying there's no new race/class is kind of just like...patching the game and adding a new raid.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    I think gear is the key. The fat naked ogres you see in most of WoW aren't really that appealing, but put some tier gear on them and they could look quite awesome.
    I can really see it. I think they'd work.

IF new races are announced next Friday, Ogres have to be a cert. It's their moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    The big issue this time though is the effort they are spending on rebuilding the character models.
    Of which we have seen approximately one. /shrug

Doubt there will be new races, not with them updating all the vanilla models. That might as well be the 'new races', and I'm sure they'll sell them as such.

Besides which, if Warlords of Draenor truly does end up being the expansion (and I hope it doesn't: that name is almost as terrible as Heroes of the Storm was), what Draenor-appropriate races are there? Ogres obviously, but not much else. There's little to ethereals or arrakoa. No one wants to play as the fungi people. Unless there's a pull-a-rabbit-out-of-a-hat trick by Blizzard to invent a new playable race out of thin air, or unless they go for an unrelated race like the Furbolg, there aren't any other good options left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    However their announcement of increasing their staff size and aiming for an expansion-per-year goal also doesn't put the odds in your favor either
    Uhuh. Think it'll be out by the end of the year? Or more in line with their last timeline?