Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    snip.
    I'm sorry I just don't have it in me to debate this again.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ces-in-general

You'll get all my responses and thought processes there if you're bothered.

I don't want to ruin a thread that is a lot of fun with that debate.

Sorry.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2013-11-02 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, but Ogres are even more uglier than any Horde race, including the Forsaken. We're talking about big fat creatures with two heads or a single eye in the middle of their head. Again, they're so ugly Blizzard couldn't design a female version pretty enough for racial inclusion.

Which do you think benefits the game more? Updated Blood Elf and Draenei models, or Ogres and some cop out Alliance race?
    Ogres and "some cop out Alliance race". Models add nothing new to the game, races do. Don't go the graphics > gameplay way man.

Ogres are still widely requested, not everything needs to be pretty. They also never said they couldn't make a female version, they simply only got so far until they decided on Blood Elves over them in TBC and Goblins for Cata. Seems kind of hypocritical of you to see that as a deconfirmation, but you still think Tinker has a strong chance after continuously being stomped by Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    I personally don't give two shits about new race models, I do however give shits about new races. New races means new content, new models is just visual garbage that doesn't change the experience one bit. Plus, they have stated they aren't too far into the development of new models, and it's more like a side project, it's not being put in focus at all.
    You're in the VAST minority my friend. We did a poll on which would people prefer, and updated character models won by a big margin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but Ogres are even more uglier than any Horde race, including the Forsaken. We're talking about big fat creatures with two heads or a single eye in the middle of their head. Again, they're so ugly Blizzard couldn't design a female version pretty enough for racial inclusion.

Which do you think benefits the game more? Updated Blood Elf and Draenei models, or Ogres and some cop out Alliance race?
    Well the updated race models are happening. And that is the biggest argument against new races, the effort Blizzard will have to invest in building twenty new models might put them off adding in four more.

On the other hand, if the expansion is true (and I am pretty sure if it is Boubouille comes out and basically says so) they will never have a better opportunity to add Ogres.

You're in the VAST minority my friend. We did a poll on which would people prefer, and updated character models won by a big margin.
    And I'm just in before people realize how dissapointed they'll be once they can't see the difference when they're covered in gear from top to toe, and they'll only looking at their characters' asses anyways. This new character model thing has been overhyped to insanity, I'm just waiting for the freight train to hit personally.

Deleted
    Sub-Races would fit good into a Xpac that played in the past.

"Garrosh-Model" Orcs
    Eredar instead of Draenai
    High Elves instead of Blood Elves
    Voljin-Model Trolls
    etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres and "some cop out Alliance race". Models add nothing new to the game, races do. Don't go the graphics > gameplay way man.

Ogres are still widely requested, not everything needs to be pretty. They also never said they couldn't make a female version, they simply only got so far until they decided on Blood Elves over them in TBC and Goblins for Cata. Seems kind of hypocritical of you to see that as a deconfirmation, but you still think Tinker has a strong chance after continuously being stomped by Blizzard.
    Look we don't need to argue over this.

The new models are coming, so the debate isn't new models or new races. It is will they add new races despite doing the new models?

Deleted
    Doesn't mean it represents the whole of WoW community.

10+ Year Old Account

What gameplay would new races add exactly? It's just new graphics and animations. Classes add new gameplay.

Graphics matter. If you want new people to play WoW, then Blizzard needs to update the graphics of the main races of the game. Let's face it; if you're new to the game, you're probably going to roll a human. When you hit that human icon what do you see? A blocky character model from 2004. Yeah, some people will immediately log out and never play again. You update the original 8 races, and you get some new blood in the game.

Deleted
    We will get both.

Edit, also stop speaking like Blizzard only does what benefits the majority because they don't,

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Look we don't need to argue over this.

The new models are coming, so the debate isn't new models or new races. It is will they add new races despite doing the new models?
    You're right. I still believe we will get races, because the new models aren't in priority at all. The new models will come eventually, but they won't stop actual content.

What gameplay would new races add exactly? It's just new graphics and animations. Classes add new gameplay.

Graphics matter. If you want new people to play WoW, then Blizzard needs to update the graphics of the main races of the game. Let's face it; if you're new to the game, you're probably going to roll a human. When you hit that human icon what do you see? A blocky character model from 2004. Yeah, some people will immediately log out and never play again. You update the original 8 races, and you get some new blood in the game.
    New starting areas = New quests = New content.

New racials mean new ways of playing.

That's more new content than new models at least.

Graphics matter, but little. At some point everyone seems to come to the conclusion that a game can look amazing, but suck Donkey Kong balls. Furthermore, I'm not sure where you get your "everybody wants to be Human" idea, I personally don't know anyone who played Human as his first character, in my experience the majority of people don't want to play Humans because it's boring. They're popular alts as far as I've seen though.

Graphics don't draw in old players either. Old players know that the game is the same stuff from when they quit, people aren't that gullible anymore, and WoW doesn't draw in much of a new audience anymore, the MMO craze is dying down and Mobas are taking over. And even when it does draw in new players, they usually roll either Belfs, Draeneis, Worgens or Goblins, exactly because of better models. Which means they get new players anyways.

And now that we are talking about those races, I don't see what's so pretty about Goblins either, the only other midget race was already hated as is, yet they still made it.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-11-02 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    The reality is that the vast majority of WoW players are either playing an Elf or a Human. Most people either want to be a character that looks like themselves, or a more attractive version of themselves. This is why before the introduction of Blood Elves on the Horde, Alliance had a huge population advantage over the Horde. As of now, Blood Elves constitute over 40% of the Horde user base. That's out of six races. You think we'll ever see Ogres constitute 10% of the Horde user base? Doubtful when it has to compete with Orcs, Tauren, and Trolls.

In other words, very few people want to play as an ugly race. The only options we have left are ugly races. I don't see Blizzard wasting the resources to make them playable. ESPECIALLY when those races have to compete with the most popular races in WoW on equal footing. In the case of Ogres, we have a race that's so hideous, Blizzard couldn't even come up with a suitable female model.
    well I didnt want to say that new races are more important that new models. All I wanted to say is that they are implementing new models for different reasons that they are implementing new races. New races are added for lore reasons while new models are important for game mechanics(what you perfectly described.) So all I wanted to say that they are not alternative features. And I wont buy if they say "there is no races but there are new models!" i'd rather like to hear "we didnt add a new races because we see lack of interest in playing something else than Human/Elves"

so what no new races till the end of WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    well I didnt want to say that new races are more important that new models. All I wanted to say is that they are implementing new models for different reasons that they are implementing new races. New races are added for lore reasons while new models are important for game mechanics(what you perfectly described.) So all I wanted to say that they are not alternative features. And I wont buy if they say "there is no races but there are new models!" i'd rather like to hear "we didnt add a new races because we see lack of interest in playing something else than Human/Elves"

so what no new races till the end of WoW?
    No new races this go around because of updated race models, and the fact that they added Goblins, Worgens, and Pandaren in the last two expansions. It also doesn't help the new race argument that there are EXISTING races that need some new lore.

Deleted
    I dunno what races we would have but I seriously doubt we will get neutral races again. Hard to build a distinctive identity for the factions with neutral races with no racial leaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    I dunno what races we would have but I seriously doubt we will get neutral races again. Hard to build a distinctive identity for the factions with neutral races with no racial leaders.
    Ghostcrawler expressed a level of dissatisfaction with the neutral race concept, but another dev said it allowed them to build a more comprehensive identity for that race.

I guess it depends which is more important, faction identity or racial identity.

On the other hand, whilst Ogres are cool, I cannot see them being well received as a neutral race.

No new races this go around because of updated race models, and the fact that they added Goblins, Worgens, and Pandaren in the last two expansions. It also doesn't help the new race argument that there are EXISTING races that need some new lore.
    Again, updated race models are not in focus at all, so they won't take new races' place.

They also added a new class here in MoP, does that stop it from there being a new class? No, not really.

The existing races needing lore doesn't really help your case much either, as such has been true everytime they've added new races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    Sexy Robots?
    That reminds me of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D_FLYU_f3A#t=28
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Ghostcrawler expressed a level of dissatisfaction with the neutral race concept, but another dev said it allowed them to build a more comprehensive identity for that race.

I guess it depends which is more important, faction identity or racial identity.

On the other hand, whilst Ogres are cool, I cannot see them being well received as a neutral race.
    Alliance (Or at least I) don't want your stupid Ogres.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    While I'm a bit skeptical about this trademark, I lean towards Alliance Arakkoa and neutral Ethereal.
    While the idea sounds awesome, i don't think it's likely they'll do such a thing.
    The amount of QQ from the horde side is going to be enormous.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Alliance (Or at least I) don't want your stupid Ogres.
    Alliance Ogres aren't an impossible result. It all depends on the story Blizzard wants to tell. I would still argue that Ogres would work well on the Alliance side, offering a savage, ugly and monstrous race to a faction lacking in choices in those departments.

Conversely the Horde has Ogres, Trolls, Tauren and Forsaken covering those bases.

In my heart of hearts, Ogres will join the Horde. Call it a gut feeling. I am just saying Alliance Ogres aren't impossible.