Thread: Farms.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Farms.

Hello Guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Do you think that they will carry on the farming in the next expansion.

If so,
    Start at max Lvl?
    New group to be revered with to get full access?
    availability of all new crafting mats?

what do you think? would you like that to happen?

Lots of love
    Ruffly
    Shaman to the Stars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffly View Post
    Hello Guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Do you think that they will carry on the farming in the next expansion.

If so,
    Start at max Lvl?
    New group to be revered with to get full access?
    availability of all new crafting mats?

what do you think? would you like that to happen?

Lots of love
    Ruffly
    Shaman to the Stars
    Too early to say but I think they will leave it in Pandaria. I doubt theyve decided though.

I think it's very likely that they will expand the farm concept in the next expansion, given how popular it is.
    I don't think we will come back to Sunsong Farm, but rather have a new plot somewhere else. Maybe close to the cities?

10+ Year Old Account
    It was an awful idea, but it did make sense for this expansion.

I hope it's something they don't continue.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    Much to my surprise I rather liked it, I hope they will build on it. Probably a new location, maybe add some animal husbandry. wouldn't even mind if they turned it into a full blown 2nd profession tbh.

To early to tell though, we'll see

God I hope not...was such a serious pain in the ass and made cooking needlessly grindy.

I just want my damn raid food.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

15+ Year Old Account
    I dislike the cooking application of the farm but I love being able to plant mats for other professions so I really hope that carries on in whatever comes next.

They will probably expand on this. It's popular like LFR because the rewards are way too good for the effort you put in. 10 minutes for 3-8 golden lotus plus some other herbs.
    The quests and unlocking of the farm and tools was fun though. But after that it became a grind just like dailies.

They introduced quite some interesting features and new tech this expansion and I hope they improve on them next expansion.

I wouldn't mind if they kept the farm in pandaria. Maybe just provide a farm hearth and expand the number of plots there. I don't farm very often anymore but it was fun while it lasted.

I didn't like how expensive 300 food was at the start of MoP. Noodle Carts would have been great back then. The Ranch was great for easy SoHs, but yeah, did get monotonous. Still an interesting mini-game for some folks.

I've been thinking for a while that we'll get new profession in this expansion (archaeology was half-done in cata, mop had new class+race instead), and I think that farming would fit nicely as a new secondary profession, all other profession niches are kinda filled atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope so. I have three farms and use them everyday and do the iron paw daily on each toon as well. It funds an unlimited supply of 300 food and I make a steady flow of profit by using my farms frequently.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

I'm not using it Daily but it really helps with professions if you don't have a gatherer alt. Think it should keep going.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    It was an awful idea, but it did make sense for this expansion.

I hope it's something they don't continue.
    Awful how? I think most people likes the benefits to mats it gives as well as how much gold you can make out of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    i think they will leave it in pandaria, it was really annoying to level thru it but now that im maxed, i just use it to farm insane amounts of cloth and mats...

19 May 2013
    @Ghostcrawler How popular has Sunsong Ranch been this expansion? More or less popular than expected? Will we see something like it again?
    @Altycu More popular than expected. We'd like to do something again but not an exact clone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have exalted on 11 alts. I haven't used my farms for many months now, it's just not worth the time.

I enjoyed it and benefited from it immensely from just 3 toons.

i hope its there in the next expansion in some form

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I have exalted on 11 alts. I haven't used my farms for many months now, it's just not worth the time.
    Ditto on the alts, for me its a reliable way to make 3.5-4.5k gold, "from scratch", in an hour or less.

I don't know why some people hate it so much. It was very beneficial for getting mats, helping alts and definitely has come in handy overall. Plus it only takes a few minutes a day to do. Can't see why they wouldn't expand on it next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Well, having 11 alt characters at exalted is a stretch. With that much time spent, It's a given you don't need it. The majority of people aren't like you though. lol. At this point and time in the expansion, obviously it isn't needed much, but it sure it great to have. Very convenient.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2013-11-03 at 01:47 AM.