Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    we already have demon hunters. it's called warlocks
    I personally would love to have demon hunters. And I would be very disinterested in something like a time walker or tinker.

We already had monks, they were called discipline priests.

We already had death knights, they were called warriors speaking purely from a "what can the class do" point of view.

We haven't NEEDED a single class since the first 9 because the talent specializations covered EVERY "hero class" archetype.

If Blizzard wants to make something work, they'll make it work. Discpline priests could have turned into melee healers if Blizzard so wanted.

Warlocks can very easily be converted to full time demon hunters. Hell, hunters could have become demon hunters if survival had remained a melee spec. Mages can be converted to archmages. Balance spec druids can turn into keepers of the grove. Arms warriors can turn into Blademasters. Protection warriors can turn into Chieftains etc. etc.

You know the one thing no one has mentioned yet though and something that would and very much could come to be: priestess of the moon. Mail wearer healer that can finally make ranged weapons no longer be one class exclusive.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-11-02 at 11:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    This is what I mean. Do you really think Aretha's is just a death knight. He was formal ya paladin and shaman, but a necromancer and dk he is. Which isn't just a dk.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think illidan would lose his status if 1000's of night elf demon hunters are running around everywhere.
    I mean, he's like the most powerful Death Knight. Death Knight already encompasses necromancy, but at this point you're just arguing semantics. Arthas was a Death Knight, Death Knights were made playable and Arthas lost no status. Illidan is a Demon Hunter, and if Demon Hunters are made playable, he will lose no status.

There are plenty of perfectly legitimate arguments against Demon Hunters; it's a shame you chose this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I mean. Do you really think Aretha's is just a death knight. He was formal ya paladin and shaman, but a necromancer and dk he is. Which isn't just a dk.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think illidan would lose his status if 1000's of night elf demon hunters are running around everywhere.
    1, arthas was never a Shaman... learn your lore
    2, lore wise, there are not 1000's of death knights running around, just a select few.

Quote Originally Posted by Laorenshu View Post
    I mean, he's like the most powerful Death Knight. Death Knight already encompasses necromancy, but at this point you're just arguing semantics. Arthas was a Death Knight, Death Knights were made playable and Arthas lost no status. Illidan is a Demon Hunter, and if Demon Hunters are made playable, he will lose no status.

There are plenty of perfectly legitimate arguments against Demon Hunters; it's a shame you chose this one.
    Wow a shame. Alright, didn't realize I was crushing dreams. It's just an observation. Let me ask you this. Which do you believe more popular in wow lore. Illidan or arthas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    Nothing else says outland/draenor, burning legion than illidan/demon hunter.

Bring it on.

A DW 1h crossbow spec, dw 1h warglaive spec, some kind of demon form healing spec using demonic energies.

yes yes please.

Anyone else post your demon hunter desires.
    What's with this obsession of Demon Huntards? When I think of Outland/Draenor the first thing that comes to mind are (fel)Orcs, Gul 'dan and Ner'Zhul. Burning Legion brings images of Eredar, Annihilan and Sargeras to mind. Illidan? No. Demon Hunter? No!

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I personally would love to have demon hunters. And I would be very disinterested in something like a time walker or tinker.

They are similar in name alone. The class concepts are completely and totally different.

We already had death knights, they were called warriors speaking purely from a "what can the class do" point of view.
    At least in your first example people were able to see the point you were trying to make, this would be intelligible out of context. You would have been better off just posting the last part of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    1, arthas was never a Shaman... learn your lore
    2, lore wise, there are not 1000's of death knights running around, just a select few.
    Why does it say that in his bio he was a former shaman? I'm also talking about players in the game world running around. Not referring to lore there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    What's with this obsession of Demon Huntards? When I think of Outland/Draenor the first thing that comes to mind are (fel)Orcs, Gul 'dan and Ner'Zhul. Burning Legion brings images of Eredar, Annihilan and Sargeras to mind. Illidan? No. Demon Hunter? No!
    Because they want to be cool like illidan.

Wow a shame. Alright, didn't realize I was crushing dreams. It's just an observation. Let me ask you this. Which do you believe more popular in wow lore. Illidan or arthas?
    I started this post out saying they were equal, but after I saw my points laid out, I'd almost definitely say Arthas. His story is one of the most iconic and well-known stories in all of Warcraft. I'm sure you're gonna say something about people begging for Illidan to be brought back and not Arthas, so I'll go ahead and get that out of the way.

The reason people are asking for Illidan to make a return is because his story wasn't ended satisfactorily. He was a hero in WC3, then all of a sudden was the bad guy because Blizz needed him to be in TBC. Arthas', on the other hand, was resolved satisfactory of his legend. Dude had a whole expansion focused on him in the way it should have been; the big, epic villain.

maybe draenor didn't got completely destroyed, instead, it blew up in pieces to the space.

remember a part of that Chinese leak that said, "Your known history, may not be "the original" one."
    Last edited by Spelorzi; 2013-11-02 at 11:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does it say that in his bio he was a former shaman? I'm also talking about players in the game world running around. Not referring to lore there.
    You said Arthas. "The Lich King" is both Nerzhul and Arthas. Nerzhul was a shaman in his life. Now "Arthas, the Lich King" suppressed Nerzhul consciousness and never was a shaman. The only time Arthas would be considered a former Shaman was when he and Nerzhul shared consciousness, but even then, it was 2 people fighting for dominance of 1 body.

You know the one thing no one has mentioned yet though and something that would and very much could come to be: priestess of the moon. Mail wearer healer that can finally make ranged weapons no longer be one class exclusive.
    While I would LOVE that, we have some issues.

1- Tyrande is apparently a priest with special powers.
    2- They took starshards away from nelf priests and gave starfall to druids straight up.
    3- The hunter abilities she had went, unsurprisingly, to hunters.
    4- Tied to Night Elf lore far more than any other class.

You are right, we COULD get it- but I just don't think so. Also I think they wear cloth?

We haven't NEEDED a single class since the first 9 because the talent specializations covered EVERY "hero class" archetype.

If Blizzard wants to make something work, they'll make it work. Discpline priests could have turned into melee healers if Blizzard so wanted.

Warlocks can very easily be converted to full time demon hunters. Hell, hunters could have become demon hunters if survival had remained a melee spec. Mages can be converted to archmages. Balance spec druids can turn into keepers of the grove. Arms warriors can turn into Blademasters. Protection warriors can turn into Chieftains etc. etc.

Which was our point way back. Demon Hunters would fit perfectly as a 4th spec for Warlocks since the Warlock class has already cannibalized the Demon Hunter and directly taken its iconic skills. A 4th tank spec "Demon Hunter" that uses Dark Apotheosis as the core ability as a tank stance with a fleshed out melee combat system. Could retain some of the skills it would share with Demonology like Immolation Aura and Demonic Fury but instead of cashing in Fury for offense, could use Fury to fuel magical barriers and evasion for defense.

All it would be missing is glaives. You'd have your light armored demonic empowered melee combatant without having to create a whole other redundant class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Laorenshu View Post
    I started this post out saying they were equal, but after I saw my points laid out, I'd almost definitely say Arthas. His story is one of the most iconic and well-known stories in all of Warcraft. I'm sure you're gonna say something about people begging for Illidan to be brought back and not Arthas, so I'll go ahead and get that out of the way.

The reason people are asking for Illidan to make a return is because his story wasn't ended satisfactorily. He was a hero in WC3, then all of a sudden was the bad guy because Blizz needed him to be in TBC. Arthas', on the other hand, was resolved satisfactory of his legend. Dude had a whole expansion focused on him in the way it should have been; the big, epic villain.
    Obviously this would be a subjective opinion. I think they are both very deep characters, but I believe illidan to be more popular because I think he is more unique than the lich king.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    You said Arthas. "The Lich King" is both Nerzhul and Arthas. Nerzhul was a shaman in his life. Now "Arthas, the Lich King" suppressed Nerzhul consciousness and never was a shaman. The only time Arthas would be considered a former Shaman was when he and Nerzhul shared consciousness, but even then, it was 2 people fighting for dominance of 1 body.
    Well sry for the slip I was using the name arthas loosely. I meant lich king.

Obviously this would be a subjective opinion. I think they are both very deep characters, but I believe illidan to be more popular because I think he is more unique than the lich king.

- - - Updated - - -

Well sry for the slip I was using the name arthas loosely. I meant lich king.
    You're right, subjective opinion is subjective. I would like to hear why you think Illidan is more unique than the Lich King though?

Im just hoping we get no more spoilers.. The name of this expansion, if true, has a lot to be discovered... Lets just hope we get to hear the rest from BLizzcon itself and not some detective.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

I'd personally prefer a pure dd with a ranged/melee spec as this would be something that wasn't there yet but well if it has to be a healer as well so be it.

Deleted
    A new class in this upcoming expansion is extremely unlikely. My bet goes to improved character models, maybe a new playable race.

I think he's more unique because he's in a race of his own demon night elf, and a class of his own in demon hunter. Obviously there are more differences but I'll say those are a couple of big ones, and just so their is no confusion I'm talking in game here. Not technically lore where I'm sure there's more of both.
    Last edited by Stonecloak; 2013-11-02 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeas View Post
    A new class in this upcoming expansion is extremely unlikely. My bet goes to improved character models, maybe a new playable race.
    I can't understand how people can say a design decision like this is unlikely. Whether you're talking about races, classes, or number of levels; new is new, you don't really have a lot to go on to determine likelihood.

I'd love to hear why you think it's unlikely though.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    All it would be missing is glaives. You'd have your light armored demonic empowered melee combatant without having to create a whole other redundant class.
    Missing glaives in unacceptable, but if they make DH as a fourth spec of warlock- or, more likely, rogue- you would need to take away many abilities, such as vanish, fear, etc, but you WOULD be adding in glaives (and night elf, if you chose warlock inexplicably). And the talents wouldn't work right either, for any class in game. It's possible, but a stretch.