10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    You've practically given the answers to games with decent raiding already yourself: WoW and Rift. There are very few games with good raiding content.
    I found the following list on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_(g...or_raid_bosses
    I hope it helps I'd rate a few of those for you, but I haven't played any but WoW, RuneScape and Minecraft from that list.

I fear, correct me if I'm wrong, that WoW would actually be your best bet... But, as I said, I haven't played many other MMOs, I don't know for sure.

Another thing: Thanks for advising me to play Thief, Wilian! It's a lot of fun! I also got Assassin's Creed 4 in the mail yesterday, it's very cool too.
    why do you have AC4 so soon? is it out this early for consoles or something?

on topic

any rts like games with space combar (preferrably something that can be modded to be starwars) suggestions for empire at war mods will also be welcomed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    You've practically given the answers to games with decent raiding already yourself: WoW and Rift. There are very few games with good raiding content.
    i think SWTOR has good raiding content as well, although the gameplay mechanics feel very similar to wow, despite the completely different theme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    yes.
    any rts like games with space combar (preferrably something that can be modded to be starwars) suggestions for empire at war mods will also be welcomed
    i don't think you'll find many classic rts with space combat.

there are several good round-based space strategy ("4x") games with quite a bit of depth, like Endless Space, or the rather old but still good Galactic Civilizations II.
    then there are games like Starsector (still in alpha, but GREAT game already!) that can have quite a bit of strategy involved, but focus mainly on actually piloting your own ship(s). does have Star Wars total-conversion mods already, too.
    and then there's something like Sins of a Solar Empire, which is probably closest to 'normal' rts games, but doesn't quite have the depth of the ones mentioned above, nor of rts like Starcraft or Anno.

you could also take a look at FTL. it's probably not what you were looking for, but technically counts as "rts with space combat" and is pretty unique :]

oh, you could also try Stardrive, it would probably be what you are looking for - but be warned, it was released in a completely broken state (many gamebreaking bugs, balancing problems and performance issues) and i doubt it's much better now.
    Last edited by Sy; 2013-10-27 at 11:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post

on topic

I live in a rather small town where shops don't care about release dates, since no one checks on them anyway.

I'm looking for an RPG similar to Demon's Souls/Dark Souls in the sense that it's dark atmosphere, all out RPG single player with stats/levels, deep exploration lots of gear choices etc. I don't want an MMO and I don't want any party control.

I've tried The Witcher 2 for about 25 minutes and almost died of boredom with one click combat. If the combat picks up later on I may try it again, otherwise: shoot your suggestions at me!

love wow looking for high population game. pay for play is cool. which has most players behind wow??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by navydude1976 View Post
    love wow looking for high population game. pay for play is cool. which has most players behind wow??
    The gap between wow and the next big game is very huge. I've heard Rift, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Aion and Guild Wars 2 are good.

Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    I'm looking for an RPG similar to Demon's Souls/Dark Souls in the sense that it's dark atmosphere, all out RPG single player with stats/levels, deep exploration lots of gear choices etc. I don't want an MMO and I don't want any party control.

I've tried The Witcher 2 for about 25 minutes and almost died of boredom with one click combat. If the combat picks up later on I may try it again, otherwise: shoot your suggestions at me!
    You should try Dishonored. It's dark, great atmosphere. There are lots of choices to make, lots of paths to take. No gear choices, but you can chose your own abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post

the combat in The Witcher 2 gets a little bit better, but it's still the weakest part of the game. i don't think you'll really find any other games with the challenging combat of Dark Souls, though.

you can try Dishonored, as Cyonis suggested, or even Skyrim with heavily modded combat.

Quote Originally Posted by navydude1976 View Post
    if you want something with similar gameplay to wow, swtor or rift are both pretty close. don't mind the "free to play" of swtor btw, that's basically just a glorified trial and hardly worth playing for more than a demo. dunno about rift's buisness model.

guild wars 2 is rather different, but also very good (imo).

there isn't any other mmo with quite the playerbase of wow, but it actually shouldn't matter at all as long as the individual servers are full.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    if you want something with similar gameplay to wow, swtor or rift are both pretty close. don't mind the "free to play" of swtor btw, that's basically just a glorified trial and hardly worth playing for more than a demo. dunno about rift's buisness model.

guild wars 2 is rather different, but also very good (imo).

there isn't any other mmo with quite the playerbase of wow, but it actually shouldn't matter at all as long as the individual servers are full.
    Rift is f2p, with some extras if you do pay. And I fully agree with that it shouldn't matter as long as the individual servers are full. I used to play a game that had 500 active players during peak times, but 1 server. That game felt more full than WoW sometimes.

Deleted
    Hi guys, I'm new in the forum. I'm a player of LoL, actually silver 1 but I'm started to get a little bit tired of the game, so now I'm looking for another good online game, but it has to have some ranking, I mean, divisions, elo... I love competitive gaming and I like a lot to grind divisions, or get elo!
    I've played: WoW, Lol, Smite, DotA2

If it's possible, a F2P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oderlods View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new in the forum. I'm a player of LoL, actually silver 1 but I'm started to get a little bit tired of the game, so now I'm looking for another good online game, but it has to have some ranking, I mean, divisions, elo... I love competitive gaming and I like a lot to grind divisions, or get elo!
    I've played: WoW, Lol, Smite, DotA2

If it's possible, a F2P
    1) welcome!^^
    2) with LoL, Smite and DotA2, you already have the good "moba" games covered. there are still others, like Heroes of Newerth, but you probably won't find them as good as those three.
    3) Starcraft II probably has the biggest competitive scene after DotA 2 and LoL, but is of course another genre entirely, and would take quite some time to become good at. there's a demo ("starter edition") but i don't know if it's useable to test multiplayer matches.

Deleted
    1) welcome!^^
    2) with LoL, Smite and DotA2, you already have the good "moba" games covered. there are still others, like Heroes of Newerth, but you probably won't find them as good as those three.
    3) Starcraft II probably has the biggest competitive scene after DotA 2 and LoL, but is of course another genre entirely, and would take quite some time to become good at. there's a demo ("starter edition") but i don't know if it's useable to test multiplayer matches.
    Thank you, I checked SC2 and the demo is only 5 pve missions I think. It looks like a good game.

Looking for a Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale style game.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    planarscape torment?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oderlods View Post
    Thank you, I checked SC2 and the demo is only 5 pve missions I think. It looks like a good game.
    it is. just don't expect to be good at it anytime soon

i'd suggest Dragon Age. graphics and all is completely new, but it's still an rpg that focuses on story and characters, with (mostly) tactical combat and party management.

or you could try Neverwinter Nights, in case you haven't already (since you didn't include it in your list)^^

Whoch Neverwinter? The old Bioware one or the new Cryptic one?

Any other suggestions?

Any other suggestions?
    Old bioware one.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    planarscape torment?
    that's not really that style of game, other than being isometric

And what do you think about Dead Space 1 and 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    there are three "Neverwinter" games:

1) Neverwinter Nights, an old title from Bioware and widely considered one of the best classic rpgs, alongside stuff like Baldur's Gate. that is the one i meant, since it is very similar in many things to the ones you mentioned, with things like d&d ruleset (classes, magic system, stats, etc), realtime combat that can be paused, isometric perspective and even the actual game universe. i'm quite surprised actually that you haven't played it already if you like that kind of game - it does however differ in the way that there is no party, you always only control your single hero, even though there are definitely great characters in the story.

2) Neverwinter Nights 2, made by Obsidian Entertainment and only a few years old. i haven't played it myself, but the reviews i read pretty much said "decent, but not as good as the original". i think it does have party battles, though. probably worth a try, since you should be able to pick it up fairly cheap now, but i'd suggest taking a look at the original first, as otherwise you will probably miss out on some story and lore stuff.

3) Neverwinter, a new free-to-play mmo by Cryptic and only losely based on the original. i think it's alright, but probably not what you are looking for at all, and the buisness model is pretty bad.
    Any other suggestions?
    you could also try Knights of the Old Republic (KotOR) - not SWTOR, the mmo - which is a Star Wars rpg by bioware and also based on the d&d ruleset, with party and somewhat similar combat, although from 3rd person. absolutely great rpg, but with a different feel to it than the ones you mentioned, even though it shares many similarities in focus and mechanics.

you might even want to try Mass Effect, another recent party based rpg by bioware, but also a 3rd person shooter and in a completely different setting. i wouldn't say it's similar to the ones you mentioned, but if you simply like rpgs with great story and characters, you'll probably like this one too.

i'd still suggest trying Dragon Age: Origins before either of the ones above though, as it shares the same qualities, but in a setting that feels similar to Baldur's Gate & Co.

Deleted
    it is. just don't expect to be good at it anytime soon

Yeah haha I know, not looking to be a pro-player in 1 month or something, just looking for a competitive gaming to have fun. I'm downloading C9 now. Have you tried it? Is it good? I mean, the pvp.