Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I posted this same thing on the first page & I will post it here as you may be the one in denial, because Blizzard has done it before.
    Why is this even a debate, as it has been all but confirmed by Boub?

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    No, they're not from the same country. But I doubt the mentioning of portable devices is because the other trademark sites lack that category. In the end the argument still stands. Do you expect WoW to be playable on portable devices?
    Well the WoD trademark makes no mention of card games, and the Hearthstone one does, so we can rule out Hearthstone. Which leaves only Heroes of the Storm... which is supposed to include content from all three franchises.. so why would "Warlords of Draenor" fit that game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    Nothing is confirmed its all speculation, but the fact is Blizzard has trademarked an expansion before a game has officially released. So it is possible they could do the same thing for Hearthstone, "IF" WoD is an expansion for it.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-03 at 12:37 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

There's a lot of denial going on around here.

Bibi knows a lot more than we do, he said "the expansion name is the hardest thing to guess these days", which is hinting that he knows major themes. This trademark fits them and he called it.

Whatever the expansion is some people will be dissatisfied, and this expansion name is going scare a lot fewer people away than "Mists of Pandaria" did.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Deleted
    Uninformed Personal bet? IOS/Android Game, maybe a strategy game or SRPG. Actually wouldn't mind to see that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    people can't get over this dark below thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You're grasping at straws here. There is no "maybe he wants to be wrong". This is his work, he gets paid to run this site. Spread false information like that people will stop coming here for news. People treat his word like a god sent well, because this is the best site for WoW news on the internet, he is just doing what he is supposed to be doing.
    like few threads made here a week or two ago, MMo stopped giving us spoilers and became a wow news site.
    dont get me wrong , its one of the best but if i remember correctly
    there was some kind of mess when he posted cata info before it was announced, blizz didnt like it and what ever happend from that point on
    is that this site can not show spoilers or any true info even if it comes from a chineese site before its announced publicly,
    any spoilers info posted here get deleted or shrouded with obvious fake info around it to conceal it.

after that cata thing i really dont think boub would post such a spoiler a week prior to blizzcon unless its an obvious fake ment
    to distract us from the dark below xpac.
    with all respect to boub, his on blizz side now not our side..dont forget that.

dont get me wrong , as much as i think WOD is not the next xpac my heart will broken when TDB will be announce due to
    one reason only....the chance to get ogres as a playable race will drift further away from me ...

You can play parts of WoW on portable devices. The Auction House, Armory.... etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Well the WoD trademark makes no mention of card games, and the Hearthstone one does, so we can rule out Hearthstone. Which leaves only Heroes of the Storm... which is supposed to include content from all three franchises.. so why would "Warlords of Draenor" fit that game?
    You're right, I missed the 41 section on Hearthstone
    IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; conducting contests online and providing a website for organizing, planning and executing exhibitions and special events between computer game players and interest groups for entertainment purposes; conducting entertainment exhibitions online in the nature of card games for entertainment purposes; conducting card game competitions online for entertainment purposes
    I still think it's not related to WoW, unless they're planning to release it on mobile phones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin View Post
    You can play parts of WoW on portable devices. The Auction House, Armory.... etc.
    Yet it doesn't mention mobile devices in any of the WoW trademarks.

I agree this sounds like a booster or xpac for Hearthstone. The name is fitting, and most card games get 2-3 card sets a year.

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    like few threads made here a week or two ago, MMo stopped giving us spoilers and became a wow news site.
    dont get me wrong , its one of the best but if i remember correctly
    there was some kind of mess when he posted cata info before it was announced, blizz didnt like it and what ever happend from that point on
    is that this site can not show spoilers or any true info even if it comes from a chineese site before its announced publicly,
    any spoilers info posted here get deleted or shrouded with obvious fake info around it to conceal it.

after that cata thing i really dont think boub would post such a spoiler a week prior to blizzcon unless its an obvious fake ment
    to distract us from the dark below xpac.
    with all respect to boub, his on blizz side now not our side..dont forget that.

dont get me wrong , as much as i think WOD is not the next xpac my heart will broken when TDB will be announce due to
    one reason only....the chance to get ogres as a playable race will drift further away from me ...
    There is no point for all of this because Blizzcon is less than a week away. He could have just put on the frontpage "Blizzard Trademarks Warlords of Draenor" without putting "WoW expansion" next to it. Why would they need to distract us in the first place?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    people can't get over this dark below thing.
    WoD isn't anymore confirmed than TDB is, they are both in the same boat & could both be real or fake.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no point for all of this because Blizzcon is less than a week away. He could have just put on the frontpage "Blizzard Trademarks Warlords of Draenor" without putting "WoW expansion" next to it. Why would they need to distract us in the first place?
    Because Blizzard loves to mess with are heads & throw red herrings out like its candy. Or if The Dark Below wasn't posted on MMO-Champ in the first place it wouldn't of gone viral & most of us wouldn't of even known it even existed as its the only reason some of us even found out about it.

An apprently if its posted on the front page & posted by Boulb its gotta be real, just like WoD apprently is, even though its not confirmed & is in the same boat as TDB .
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-03 at 12:48 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way things seem to be going, it's likely that the leaked content of the expansion is correct, that being
    "time travel" and "Grommash Hellscream" and "Draenor".

However, the inconsistencies with the trademark and the oddity of the name seem to point to another franchise than WoW.
    It could very well be that this is, as postulated in this thread, a very early trademark for an expansion-related minigame, tablet game, Hearthstone booster or whatever.
    But that the expansion name itself is quite a different one, while still sporting the mentioned content.

That way Boub and leakers would be mostly right, just not about the title

10+ Year Old Account
    Because trolling is fun. I for one am glad Blizzard has everyone second guessing the title and theme of the new xpac. Should make Friday pretty interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Because trolling is fun. I for one am glad Blizzard has everyone second guessing the title and theme of the new xpac. Should make Friday pretty interesting.
    Absolutely. I think that was the point of it all. To get people confused and make friday an actual surprise.

Wasnt Hearthstone originally trademarked in New Zealand? Almost identical trademarks, in the same location. There is little doubt this is the 1st Hearthstone booster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    An stressful at the same time haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Wasnt Hearthstone originally trademarked in New Zealand? Almost identical trademarks, in the same location. There is little doubt this is the 1st Hearthstone booster.
    No Hearthstone was trademarked in Swaizland.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Except WoD is an official trademarked title, whereas TDB was not and was retracted
    I don't believe that one bit my sorry, my theory is TDB could be Titan like that one person (who some people think it was Boulb) or could be WoW Xpac.

TDB could in Swaizland & could be Titan, but the fact is WoD & TDB are iffy trademarks & nothing is confirmed on what they are associated with.

But what we do know is, they both do have a Warcraft relation in some way.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-03 at 01:19 PM.

Absolutely. I think that was the point of it all. To get people confused and make friday an actual surprise.
    If they could hide the name somehow then I'd agree with you but they can't. They have to register it prior to Blizzcon and the trademarks can be searched for. That's why we've known the name of every WoW expansion prior to it being announced at Blizzcon.. and funnily enough this website is always the first to break the news. That's why so many people trust this. Although every time there is always people who refuse to believe it.. which is ok too.

So between now and Friday there needs to be another name registered, otherwise it's either WOD or TDB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    An stressful at the same time haha

- - - Updated - - -

No Hearthstone was trademarked in Swaizland.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe that one bit, my theory is TDB could be Titan like that one person (who some people think it was Boulb) or could be WoW Xpac.

TDB could in Swaizland & could be Titan, but the fact is WoD & TDB are iffy trademarks & nothing is confirmed on what they are associated with.

But what we do know, they both are linked to Warcraft in some way.
    TDB has been confirmed to be a hoax by multiple insiders, not just the trademark before, but the part about TDB being Titan now as well. TDB is nothing, sorry, even though I like the concept.

WoD is not an iffy trademark, it is pretty much dead certain official and a Blizzard franchise.
    The content of the WoD leak (except for TDB = Titan) has been suggested to be true by several insiders now as well, which is a bit heartbreaking to me.

I still think the title is off, and the trademark might be for something expansion-related, not the expansion itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't doubt it, as we only do find out stuff what the expansion likely is because of the trademark filed & producing different trademarks can get people confused & keeps you off the actual path.