10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post

Galakras seems quite straight forward so unless I'm missing something (getting diffuse magic, glyphing guard, getting ox wave nad rjw) this fight in terms of strategy seems quite easy (execution is another thing).
    We did him yesterday.
    I won't be much help here i guess because You will probably be tanking down stairs and at mine group I'm tanking towers.
    Bosses on towers don't hit that hard realy its harder then normal but its not insane.

Fight is long but honestly quite easy if u ask me.
    Boss hits hard tho i died on our kill at the end and was quite shocked that he took me down that easily but later on our healers told me that hehe they just didn't heal me in time :P

Deleted
    I'd like to add that on 1st tower, "boss" is really weak indeed, but on second tower, he "shoots" for 700k physical damage so, better pop a CD before you taunt him

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    I'd like to add that on 1st tower, "boss" is really weak indeed, but on second tower, he "shoots" for 700k physical damage so, better pop a CD before you taunt him
    Second tower boss can be disarmed. So you can somewhat chain Ring of Peace and Grapple Weapon on her to take less damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Really it depends on the fight when to glyph guard. This tier I can't think of one off the top of my head where its infinitely better to glyph it but it certainly has uses especially when the only danger is the magic damage part of an encounter. I glyphed it for heroic Dark shaman because it let the guards last longer and kadriss hits like a school girl on her own. The actual damage is all magic so having a stronger guard for it made a world of difference, your self healing being improved is a bonus.
    Personally, I'd say Immersius, Shamans, and Hellscream are the ones to glyph Guard. The reason being is that it helps you against spell bursts and it helps increase the healing you provide to the raid by providing more protection from the spell damage in those fights. There are other fights that can go either way just based on if you want to target your personal protection against a spell burst or if you want to provide more spell protection to the raid.

The only fight I glyph guard on in SoO is Siegecrafter because of our strat of soaking up to 7/8 debuffs before resetting (~2.4 mil damage at 8 debuffs). Mostly for the convenience of being able to pop the guard 5 sec early and knowing that the majority of the shield will be up when the shock hits, than having to focus on the goblin's castbar and popping guard in the 1 sec window.

The 10% absorb boost is negligible for basically everything, imo.

Deleted
    Bosses where I use the glyphed guard are Iron Juggernaut (most times), Shamans (taking sometimes up to 10 stacks from Haromm), Siegecrafter

Deleted
    Haven't used glyphed guard for any fight this tier yet. The alternatives are too good to warrant its use.

Is it normal to feel like a pancake when garrosh hit's you? Because geeez, that guy...he's something else, Im not losing half hp with each swing of his, but he does take a chunck and the stagger go wild lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eijy View Post
    Is it normal to feel like a pancake when garrosh hit's you? Because geeez, that guy...he's something else, Im not losing half hp with each swing of his, but he does take a chunck and the stagger go wild lol
    Do you have a log perhaps? Going over my logs the largest hit that Garrosh does on me is just under 500k (I sit around 900k or so hp), and that's on the very first hit before I get my shuffle up. After that, it spikes highest at 300k averaging 150k or so hits. I do have about 7k more mastery than you do, which means I'll take less damage upfront than you. But you might be a 10m, so you'll generally take less damage than I would doing 25s.

This is generally why I don't like the "STACK CRIT IGNORE MASTERY" strat even for 10s, as it kinda leaves you feeling like a "pancake" as you put it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eijy View Post
    Well, he hits hard compared to most other bosses in there.
    I had the same feeling on Paragons.
    (at lest on heroic mode)

Before that, np. Once we hit those two bosses tho, I swapped my reforged around from crit - mastery, but kept my crit gems.
    We still working on garrosh, but so far it seem to be working out.

Quote Originally Posted by Drodoo View Post
    (at lest on heroic mode)
    Judging from his armory, he's doing normal Garrosh.

Yeah I am but my pc had a problem and lost my logs, we gonna do him again next week, then I will have, well, I was fine with all 13 bosses, he's the first I feel unconfortable XD even Thok and Blackfuse were easier.

Deleted
    Just wondering if there are any 10man Monks here, is your DK completely dominating you in terms of damage taken? Granted I still have some timeless gear and he has almost double the amount of gems than me, but I never realized that the gap was so big in my difficulty bracket? His Blood Shield barely breaks and he can take an insane amount of debuff stacks on various bosses, while I struggle at maybe 1-2 above the "normal" amount. Even with stacking so much Mastery completely, he still manages to do my same amount of DPS single target if not more. It has made me reforge back to mastery, which is something I didn't see myself doing really.

Are Blood DKs just insane for 10man?

Quote Originally Posted by Shouryuken View Post
    Just wondering if there are any 10man Monks here, is your DK completely dominating you in terms of damage taken? Granted I still have some timeless gear and he has almost double the amount of gems than me, but I never realized that the gap was so big in my difficulty bracket? His Blood Shield barely breaks and he can take an insane amount of debuff stacks on various bosses, while I struggle at maybe 1-2 above the "normal" amount. Even with stacking so much Mastery completely, he still manages to do my same amount of DPS single target if not more. It has made me reforge back to mastery, which is something I didn't see myself doing really.

yes and with my dmg nerf and their dmg gain i even look bad dps wise when he pulls. and if i'm pulling i'm not that higher at all at the end of the fight. blood dks are really good now but still NO raid cd
    13/13

Monk

Any recommendations or changes for my BrM? Filled in for my guild's group1 since we had some roster issues and managed to get 14/14.

I feel like i take way too much spikey dmg sometime, am I reforging/gemming wrong? Should I get some more mastery? Perhaps another stam trinket?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eckem/advanced

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    Any recommendations or changes for my BrM? Filled in for my guild's group1 since we had some roster issues and managed to get 14/14.

I feel like i take way too much spikey dmg sometime, am I reforging/gemming wrong? Should I get some more mastery? Perhaps another stam trinket?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eckem/advanced

Thanks.
    Having the tanking meta will do a world of good for ya when you get it, its a pretty high uptime 20% damage reduction so you'll notice that.
    There are a few bits in your gear you could reforge out of some expertise into mastery and switch out your agility/mastery gems for expertise or expertise/mastery gems (i.e. reforge renataki's).
    Your wrists are missing an enchant (not a big one but figured I'd mention it :P)
    If you feel "spikey" in your damage taken replace your crit gems and put in mastery. Your priority to be less spikey is Mastery > haste to comfort (enough to purify when needed while maintaining shuffle)> crit > haste. Keep in mind with Malkorok's trinkets you might want to invest in a little more haste to make sure that you have the chi to use those extra guards while not losing any shuffle uptime.
    Lots of spots where you're reforging out of mastery for hit vice using your other two stats to do so.

Depends on what you're doing each fight: who tanks first, who tanks the adds, are you able to abuse RJW fully, are you staying down with all the adds on galakras, how badly does your dk outgear you? An parry/dodge dk tank does a pretty solid amount of damage from what I've seen of my dk co-tank and if you're not getting a solid amount of vengence and he's getting more vengence and targets to pad off of he'll look better than you on dps meters.

Looking at logs for your damage taken may be misleading as well. I'm 90% certain that stagger is counted twice or something weird when you look at it. Because it'll be by and far your largest damage source on anything but it doesn't make much sense in that I don't take THAT MUCH damage from stagger overall in a fight else my healthbar would look like a yo-yo. I'd even venture so far to say my damage intake vs my co-tanks is smoother than his in most cases and we're pretty similarly geared.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Deleted
    So I'm tanking my guilds altruns on my BrM Monk, clearing normal on alts most weeks. But for some reason I seem extremely squishy on my monk, it's quite a new alt so I havent got legendary meta/cloak or anything, but I cant believe that the reason for my squishiness is purely that, I feel like I'm doing something fundamentally wrong, and I'd really like to fix it cause we're gonna be starting HCs on alts next week and it'd be nice to not die super often :P Atm I'm going for ~6k haste > crit > mastery, which seems to be the most common stat prio. Anyone able to look through my logs/armory to check what i'm doing wrong, if anything?

Logs: www(dot)worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6jn8b7yb78e5ik1s/
    Armory: eu(dot)battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/Pulsarine/advanced

Slightly off topic question, but what happens when i take dmg with my stagger bar full ?
    If i'm sitting at 700k stagger in the bar (say max health is 700k), and i get hit for 300k while having 20% mastery (total is 60% stagger).
    I'm suppose to stagger 180k of that damage, but my bar is already full, so what happens next ?

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Slightly off topic question, but what happens when i take dmg with my stagger bar full ?
    If i'm sitting at 700k stagger in the bar (say max health is 700k), and i get hit for 300k while having 20% mastery (total is 60% stagger).
    I'm suppose to stagger 180k of that damage, but my bar is already full, so what happens next ?
    Well considering stagger never actually kills you. It will allways leave you with atleast 1hp. So I suppose any extra stagger will do nothing

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    It continues stacking. I had 3.7M worth of stagger on malkorok tonight (didn't purify for ~4 swings during blood rage iirc). I'm not sure if there is an actual limit, but I remember seeing stupidly high stagger values on heroic DA when the 5 second wipes would happen. I assume with a mastery proc RoRO you'd have a much easier time of getting high staggers (blood rage + mastery RoRO has to give something nice).

I don't think the stagger bar being "full" means anything more than over the next 10 seconds, you'll stagger for your entire health bar.

EDIT: Added a video of our blood rage phase so you can see. Stagger tracker is located to the right of my character. On a side note, the 4pc proc from purifying that was 505,941... All over heal >.>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClS-_0-WKac
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2013-11-03 at 01:25 PM.