Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    You need only to compare Blizzard's two most recent PC game trademarks to solve this surprisingly perplexing puzzle.

It's actually kind of funny to suggest that WoD is a Hearthstone 'expansion' because WoD doesn't match up with a trademark made a couple years ago, and then neglect to mention that WoD doesn't match up with Hearthstone itself (namely, the part that explicitly discusses card games and competitions).
    Actually I did edit that in, because I didn't notice at first. Maybe it isn't Hearthstone, it would have to have those things about cards and competitions. But then maybe I can use the same argument other people have used in this thread. It's not an US trademark, so maybe they don't have that category. I don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well anyway I am waiting for Blizzcon for the big reveal, and enjoying myself with Mists of Pandaria.

Still think about the titles for a second here to;
    World of Warcraft; Known as Vanilla
    World of Warcraft; The Burning Crusade
    World of Warcraft; Wrath of the Lich King
    World of Warcraft; Cataclysm
    World of Warcraft; Mists of Pandaria
    World of Warcraft; Warlords of Draenor

Does it sound right? Just asking, and does it roll off the tongue on some others?
    If you are wondering on why I am doing this, I am just thinking about things and what it could be.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nice_(WIPO)

Because MoP was trademarked BEFORE the Nice classifications were updated on January 1st 2013.
    I understand that, but this whole things is so confusing, because before with Wrath & Cata have 3 seperate trademarks on the US database & they didn't have that line than MoP has it is a single trademark & now it isn't present again.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-03 at 05:09 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Slowpoke like at the Class 41 trademark, its missing important points that MoP has. The part that is confusing so much why is missing these parts in both Class 9 & 41.
    Are you comparing New Zealand Trademark to New Zealand Trademark?

That could do it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

My guess is that it's the next step in Hearthstone.

We started in Vanilla and went to Outland in WoW

In the TCG, we followed the same pattern:
    Onyxia's Lair (December 2006)
    Molten Core (May 2007)
    Magtheridon's Lair (January 2008)
    Black Temple (September 2008)
    Naxxramas (December 2009)
    **I know MC was out at the same time as Ony, but you get my point**

It wouldn't be unheard of to have Hearthstone follow the same pattern, ESPECIALLY considering how similar the names are. None of the WoW expansions have ever been about a single person; they've been about an intangible concept (Crusade, Wrath, Mists) or an event (Cata), where as Hearthstone is about people - HEROES of Warcraft. The motif fits with WARLORDS of Draenor.

Moreover, the lack of Death Knights and Monks at release suggests that Hearthstone will probably follow the same line as WoW. When Cata rolls around, we'll probably be granted new heroes for the same classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Well anyway I am waiting for Blizzcon for the big reveal, and enjoying myself with Mists of Pandaria.

Does it sound right? Just asking, and does it roll off the tongue on some others?
    If you are wondering on why I am doing this, I am just thinking about things and what it could be.
    Sounds fine to me.

They not going to make a Warcraft 4 that hurt wow way to much. Plus the rts team very busy on Starcraft and aren't going to drop for another game. People kinda need to give up on a new rts game for Warcraft they won't do one till wow is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post

To me the only one that makes any real sense and just rolls of the tongue is Wrath. The others require a pause after saying World of Warcraft.

Credit to Eronote.
    Credit to Shiri for Avatar

I dont see anything convicning really at all on why it cant be the next pack. No mousepad or manuals, wtf have u been drinking? How is this a game changer?

The only one i kinda feels abit about is the name, yeah it does sound abit wierd for a expansion tbh.

or MAYBE we're getting a streamable tablet/touch version of wow

I don't think this is the new expansion title due to the name warlord being so specific. It seems too narrow for a full expansion. If I'm wrong(very well could be), then oops on me. We'll all know soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    I dont see anything convicning really at all on why it cant be the next pack. No mousepad or manuals, wtf have u been drinking? How is this a game changer?

The only one i kinda feels abit about is the name, yeah it does sound abit wierd for a expansion tbh.
    It's because mousepads and manuals are no longer goods covered by Nice classification #9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Are you comparing New Zealand Trademark to New Zealand Trademark?

That could do it.
    Ya MoP has no Class 41 in New Zealand, but WoD & Heroes of the Storm do have one in NZ. It's why I find it so confusing.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Ya MoP has no Class 41 in New Zealand, but WoD & Heroes of the Storm do have one in NZ. It's why I find it so confusing.
    That's actually kind of spooky. None of the other expansions have a 41. and since we know, despite everybodies denial, that WoD is the xpac. That means it might involve electronic services not covered under the general World of Warcraft license.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    That's actually kind of spooky. None of the other expansions have a 41. and since we know, despite everybodies denial, that WoD is the xpac. That means it might involve electronic services not covered under the general World of Warcraft license.
    Exactly, I can't even find the other expansions or the ID number(s) Blizzard used for them to even check if they do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    I don't know. I did cancel my account and stop playing for 90 percent of Cata, because 1) I didn't enjoy the story 2) I didn't enjoy the gameplay.

So yeah, I am perfectly capable of leaving for an expansion (or forever) if I'm uninterested.

That said, the wild speculation on these boards about what "Warlords of Draenor" means is just that, wild speculation. Personally I'm uninterested in spending a whole expansion "back in time trying to preserve a timeline". That is OK for the odd one-off Caverns of Time dungeon where you're a tiny strike force in disguise, but sending tens of thousands of adventurers back in time on a semi-permanent basis for a couple of years just begs credulity. And I'm pretty good at suspension of disbelief. But of course, 100 percent of the speculation on these boards could be spectacularly wrong. If "Warlords of Draenor" is real, it could be great and have nothing to do with silly bad time travel retcons.

But back on topic: The trademark information does not match prior filings for Blizzard's PC games.
    This.

Hope is fleeting, but if theres Draenor in the game of the expansion, that can only mean, more Timey-wimey wibbely wobbely crap, i could hardly stand MoPs sidetracking, and if they bring out another sidetrack expansion instead of progressing the legion or Azshara stories ive been waiting for since War3, i will just skip the expansion.

Deleted
    It's my fault, I left it out. I edited it in. Sorry for the confusion. Keep speculating

Also, Hearthstone, Mists of Pandaria and HotS are all from the US database
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-11-03 at 05:43 PM.

I always find it funny when people says "Warlords of Draenor" doesn't sound like a WoW expansion or is a bad name. You do realize that this expansion is called Mists of Pandaria, right? It is still hard to convince myself MoP was a name of a WoW expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are the Warcraft RTS games;
    Warcraft I Orcs&Humans
    Warcraft II Tides of Darkness, Beyond the Dark Portal
    Warcraft III Reign of Chaos, The Frozen Throne
    Warcraft IV Warlords of Draenor?

Here is the HearthStone;
    HearthStone; Heroes of Azeroth, Warlords of Draenor

I am not sure what the trademarked Warlords of Draenor will be for.
    Can be anything, but it would be great if we wait for BlizzCon.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvwaex View Post
    WoW expacs have been coming out for a decade now. Maybe they've decided to move away from the hard copy model to a totally online purchasing/downloading system. Though, it'd be sad, since I think WoW is one of the few games that could actually command (and that I would actually pay for) hard copies and collectors editions.
    I hope not... I own every WoW collector's edition. Oddly my favorite thing is the mousepads, although I enjoy the art books and the music too (though I could just pay for the music online I guess).