Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    didn't blizz state years ago already that Titan is a new franchise (no warcraft, starcraft or diablo) with rumors hinting at mmofps?
    And nobody is taking it seriously because Blizzard cannot make fps. Everytime they say Titan, I know its follow up to WoW like garden of eden is follow up to life. Sure its different, but its same.

"Titan" code name for the project, will be a shooter. I have friends working on it. Just so you know.

didn't blizz state years ago already that Titan is a new franchise (no warcraft, starcraft or diablo) with rumors hinting at mmofps?
    They did, but people get an idea into their head and will ignore anything to the contrary even from official sources.
    I do not recall them ever mentioning or hinting at it being an FPS, feel free to provide a link if I am wrong.
    The FPS part is only rumour, and given the state of many so-called major leaks can you really place faith in those which repeatedly refuse to give their sources.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-11-03 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelbert View Post
    Why do people insist on WoW 2. It won't happen in a really, really long time.
    WoW 2.0 was The Burning Crusade. People keep thinking "change" with the very old and mercantile format [Title], [Title] 2, [Title] 3. Like it's the only way to scrap past errors and renew a franchise. But with evolutive, persistent worlds, we're long past that model. We're already at WoW 6.
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2013-11-03 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Why would they invest money in a game that has been 'dead for a few years'?

That's anything but sensible.
    It's also completely missing the point. We're talking about a sequel, not the same game. What's the point of making a sequel to WoW right now? It would just compete with itself, essentially, and there's little to gain from that.

If it significantly differs from WoW, it's better to name it something else and make it an independent product.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paincake View Post
    And nobody is taking it seriously because Blizzard cannot make fps. Everytime they say Titan, I know its follow up to WoW like garden of eden is follow up to life. Sure its different, but its same.
    We have no idea if they can. They haven't, yet, that's all we know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gusie View Post
    "Titan" code name for the project, will be a shooter. I have friends working on it. Just so you know.
    Do you seriously expect anybody to believe that?

Blizzard trademarjed all of the starcraft 2 expansions while it was in beta did they not?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    wouldn't that be funny ? ;-) lol That would be the best kept secret ever ;-)
    I don't think I understand.

Would it be funny if Blizzard said

"There is no titan, it's just what we've been naming our 6.0 project, so.. lol"?

No, it wouldn't be funny. I don't know if I'd care, it sounds like a joke a 6 year old would do. Not that it's immature, but that it lacks so much intelligence. Fart jokes are a million times more intellectual.

Or did you in fact mean:

"There is no 6.0. We're actually giving you the game Titan instead!"?

Still don't think it would be funny in any way. They would bleed subs by the millisecond and they'd have to lay off people = less content for me.

How old are you, rogas? I'm genuinely interested, I'm not asking as an insult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paincake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    They did, but people get an idea into their head and will ignore anything to the contrary even from official sources.
    I do not recall them ever mentioning or hinting at it being an FPS, feel free to provide a link if I am wrong.
    The FPS part is only rumour, and given the state of many so-called major leaks can you really place faith in those which repeatedly refuse to give their sources.
    as i said, i do think the fps part was just rumors.
    i'm not even sure the part about a new franchise was an official comment, i just think it was - if i remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    WoW 2.0 was The Burning Crusade. People keep thinking "change" with the very old and mercantile format [Title], [Title] 2, [Title] 3. Like it's the only way to scrap past errors and renew a franchise. But with evolutive, persistent worlds, we're long past that model. We're already at WoW 6.
    "ProgramName v2.x" does not mean "ProgramName II". it is merely an indicator of the version of that one program, starting with "0.x" in pre-release stages. WoW II, should it ever come, will of course also go through version numbers like "v0.4.11.1237" or "v1.5.x".

Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    And the next expac is ... 'TITAN'
    Haha, niceh* one.

You know like the way asian actors are told to sound in exaggerated accents in Hollywood films ;D
    >>> And then.. <<<

Yes, that was a lot of years ago. More recently (Around 6 or so months ago, if I remember correctly) they released an announcement stating that Titan was getting scrapped as it wasn't living up to blizzard quality standards and they were going to begin work on it again. This almost directly coincided with the huge million sub hit WoW took. Titan was a casual mmo shooter. Titan will now be WoW 2.
    Edit for link to Titan scrap: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ase-Until-2016

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TankRamp View Post
    Yes, that was a lot of years ago. More recently (Around 6 or so months ago, if I remember correctly) they released an announcement stating that Titan was getting scrapped as it wasn't living up to blizzard quality standards and they were going to begin work on it again. This almost directly coincided with the huge million sub hit WoW took. Titan was a casual mmo shooter. Titan will now be WoW 2.
    i very much doubt they would convert a shooter (or any game, really) into another wow, even if with a complete revamp. besides, they didn't say that the project itself, or the idea behind it, was being scrapped, just that the way it had evolved thus far wasn't meeting their expectations, and therefore would have to be redesigned from the start again.

but anything's possible, i suppose.
    Last edited by Sy; 2013-11-03 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    I don't think I understand.

Would it be funny if Blizzard said

"There is no titan, it's just what we've been naming our 6.0 project, so.. lol"?

No, it wouldn't be funny. I don't know if I'd care, it sounds like a joke a 6 year old would do. Not that it's immature, but that it lacks so much intelligence. Fart jokes are a million times more intellectual.

Or did you in fact mean:

"There is no 6.0. We're actually giving you the game Titan instead!"?

Still don't think it would be funny in any way. They would bleed subs by the millisecond and they'd have to lay off people = less content for me.

How old are you, rogas? I'm genuinely interested, I'm not asking as an insult.

And telling the whole wow community the long expected titan has been delayed for several years hasn't been a total shock ofc... And yes i get what ya mean, blizz should continue making the same rehashed expac's like they did the last 4 years. It sure has worked out fine for them. Why not shock the entire wow community with a whole new warcraft project (titan) ? I can only imagine that would excite a lot of wow players. But just not you...

i very much doubt they would convert a shooter (or any game, really) into another wow, even if with a complete revamp. besides, they didn't say that the project itself, or the idea behind it, was being scrapped, just that the way it had evolved thus far wasn't meeting their expectations, and therefore would have to be redesigned from the start again.

but anything's possible, i suppose.
    An entire mmo game engine for a shooter could easily be adapted into a next-gen mmorpg. Titan probably has a lot of features desirable in the next gen mmo market. I don't really feel like arguing, as I'm cooking dinner right now. But a quick example: Everquest next has destructible environments. Titan being an mmofps, definitely has d-enviro. If blizzard was making a shooter, you know it was going to be like Borderlands or Destiny. (Infact, I'm pretty sure bungie is the reason blizzard decided it was sub-par quality) If itemization and customization was already a part of the game, that's quickly translated to an rpg. Anyway, I digress, my point being blizzard likes money. They fucking love that shit. They will do anything to get more of it, and from experience blizzard (ever since it stopped being B-North) has no problem breaking promises to suit their own business strategies. WoW losing multi-million subscribers? Yeah, I'd make WoW2, too. Because even though I haven't given my money to blizzard since D3 (what a mistake) I know me and everyone else on the god damn planet, will buy WoW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst that was the only thing we knew about Titan, they also basically scrapped everything they had and started again, so this may no longer be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: Titanfall.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    WoW gets significant upgrades every time an expansion comes out. Sure, it's not a complete overhaul, but still..

WoW 2 was BC
    We are about to get WoW 5.
    Wrong. That's not how software development works. BC was expansion 1, the next expansion will be expansion 5. You can see this in the names of the game files in your wow\data folder.

WoW 2 would be where they could make large changes like an all new engine with physics, complete redo of the system requirements, and other giant changes like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    An entire mmo game engine for a shooter could easily be adapted into a next-gen mmorpg. Titan probably has a lot of features desirable in the next gen mmo market. I don't really feel like arguing, as I'm cooking dinner right now. But a quick example: Everquest next has destructible environments. Titan being an mmofps, definitely has d-enviro. If blizzard was making a shooter, you know it was going to be like Borderlands or Destiny. (Infact, I'm pretty sure bungie is the reason blizzard decided it was sub-par quality) If itemization and customization was already a part of the game, that's quickly translated to an rpg. Anyway, I digress, my point being blizzard likes money. They fucking love that shit. They will do anything to get more of it, and from experience blizzard (ever since it stopped being B-North) has no problem breaking promises to suit their own business strategies. WoW losing multi-million subscribers? Yeah, I'd make WoW2, too. Because even though I haven't given my money to blizzard since D3 (what a mistake) I know me and everyone else on the god damn planet, will buy WoW2.
    i'm not saying it's impossible, but i still think it is highly, highly unlikely. generally game engines are very clearly designed (or extremely modified) to suit one type of gameplay. some things might be able to suit both a possible mmofps and a wow 2, but converting one "type" of gameplay engine into another - albeit somewhat similar - one is just asking for trouble later down the line.

also, they said they were back to the drawing board (aka theoretical stuff like general design ideas) and scrapped everything they had already developed. which means that anything they already had in terms of working game engine was thrown away with it.
    it just makes no sense for them to say "welp, that didn't work out, let's start the whole thing again from scratch!" but then keep an experimental game engine that wasn't even supposed to support the type of game they are now going to make.

and again, they didn't say "Titan didn't work out, we are going to use some of it's assets for something else now" but "Titan didn't work out the way we thought it would, so we are redesigning it to try another approach that will hopefully live up to what we imagined it to be".

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Whilst that was the only thing we knew about Titan, they also basically scrapped everything they had and started again, so this may no longer be true.
    see above^^

Yes, that was a lot of years ago. More recently (Around 6 or so months ago, if I remember correctly) they released an announcement stating that Titan was getting scrapped as it wasn't living up to blizzard quality standards and they were going to begin work on it again.

Edit for link to Titan scrap : http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ase-Until-2016

This almost directly coincided with the huge million sub hit WoW took. Titan was a casual mmo shooter. Titan will now be WoW 2.
    Eh, no, TT will be a game, set in its own universe/IP if Blizz - Mostly Metzen & Co (creative) as well the chief exec's/investors - can -ever- find the stomach that they've always lacked historically, in carrying out things to the end when trying to release a brand new IP, and WoW2, if made, no earlier than the next decade obviously, would be a seperate game from Titan, and from WoW1/WC3/WC4 etc.

A quick example : EverQuest Next has destructible environments. Titan being an MMOFPS, definitely has d-enviro. If blizzard was making a shooter, you know it was going to be like Borderlands or Destiny. (Infact, I'm pretty sure bungie is the reason blizzard decided it was sub-par quality)
    Yes, Project Titan will have that, and definitely, Bungie's game must've been a strong incentive to put it on back-burner for a while ~ both have post-apoc undertones, both are MMOFPS's, both rumored to feature 'gameplay events/content not necessarily under the controlled direction of the developers' aka emergent/sandboxy, yea.

Anyway, I digress, my point being blizzard likes money. They fucking love that shit. They will do anything to get more of it, and from experience blizzard (ever since it stopped being B-North) has no problem breaking promises to suit their own business strategies. WoW losing multi-million subscribers? Yeah, I'd make WoW2, too.
    Indeed they do like all public corporations, thus, losing multiple millions of subs..? Yes, I'd make as many relevant, potentially big & successful projects as I can, aka WoW2, and Titan, & the WC Film, HS, HotS, WC4, other games' expansions, etc..
    >>> And then.. <<<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    They totally scrapped the first plan of titan, so not even a hint of expansion :P
    This is what has me worried.

See, EA scrapped their new age Ultima game and brought the devs back to UO. They made the ninja/samurai expansion shortly after, scrapping the original game they were making. This game looked about as good as TBC era WoW and was to be released around the time when World of Warcraft and EQ2 hit shelves. Regardless of speculation, the competition factored into that decision.

I see Blizz doing this now; and I'm a bit worried.

Perhaps Blizzard thinks it's safer to try to improve WoW and keep these subscriptions than to risk a big investment into Titan that nets them a Free To Play slot after a year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Titan is wow and starcraft merging together in one universe.