Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Something has to be done with leveling, too easy, offers no challange which makes it feel too long (which is not, leveling is really fast in wow), since nothing can actually kill you during leveling, you never ever feel yourself in danger, thus making the entire process frickin pain in the ass.

I was such a noob back then in Vanilia, died dozens of times to elites, too many mob pulls or that fucking windfury hitting raptors in Arathi, DAMN YOU ALL, but i never ever tought of "oh shit this is too hard, better go play some more Hello Kitty Online", i cant get my head around why the Devs think easy leveling is what newcomers want to see in the game.
    Last edited by Darksoldierr; 2013-11-04 at 08:33 AM.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Good thread. A lot is being stated here, and a LOT of people aren't even going to read it, or even ENTER the thread because of the topic, and how many we get on MMO-C.

The reality of this is though, Every single damn person who's played for 5+ years has thought the same way you do. You have to either change something up, or quit like the rest.

I TBH, am LOVING wow. The amount of QQ, the amount of people quitting, the sheer amount of quality left is AWESOME!

It's almost like the terrible people left, and Wow's left with people who: Make-It-Happen. (Oh unless they are bots.. hate bots )

Did the OP not consider that the game today is focused around end game content, and not leveling, which is why leveling happens so fast and is so easy these days?
    Just wondering.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Something has to be done with leveling, too easy, offers no challange which makes it feel too long (which is not, leveling is really fast in wow), since nothing can actually kill you during leveling, you never ever feel yourself in danger, thus making the entire process frickin pain in the ass.

I was such a noob back then in Vanilia, died dozens of times to elites, too many mob pulls or that fucking windfury hitting raptors in Arathi, DAMN YOU ALL, but i never ever tought of "oh shit this is too hard, better go play some more Hello Kitty Online", i cant get my head around why the Devs think easy leveling is what newcomers want to see in the game.
    I remember the feeling of playing a dorf hunter, and kill the level 5-7 elite wendigo in Dun Morough. Why was this awesome? Because it had a golden dragon around it's portrait, it didn't drop anything special, but was cool to best it!

However, the game has changed. To the better, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by newlineGet View Post
    I am not currently playing wow, and haven't been so since pretty much the start of pandaria.
    And yet you feel qualified to speak about what's wrong with it's current state? Get over yourself and play something else. Your wall of text is no different to any other boring bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, yeah..yeah..this game is almost 10 years old. This is why it is dying. Flog a dead horse, tell us how it is dying. Show me another 10 year old game that didn't decline. Show me agame that from day 1 on...never lost subs or players, but increased and increased and increased...In fact..show me another MMO that has been going so strong over 10 years.
    EvE Online has been around longer than wow. It's never had millions of subs but has been slowly increasing over the past decade. It hit 500k subs last February, and has only ever been going up. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfomania View Post
    Leveling is why people bot.
    Gold is also a reason

And rep

Or we can just make it simple: "Lazy people that want something for nothing is why people bot!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by newlineGet View Post
    I am not currently playing wow, and haven't been so since pretty much the start of pandaria. You could say that I "moved on", but I still keep trying at the start of every expansion, oh well.

I am not trying to imply that the game is for everyone, or will fit everyones needs. It just seems that people are more dissatisfied with the game than ever before, and possibly for legitamate reasons reasons at that. I'm just expressing my feelings towards the game that I love current state and how it might impact future gamers, games. I mean, the reasons behind the "unsubscribe until new patch comes out" is pretty plain obvious and so far to everyone that I've spoken has the unsubscribe or sit in stormwind/ogrimmar feeling more often than before. And no, it's not cause of burn out.
    No, it seems that more people are willing to post gripes on MMO-Champion. That does not mean more people are dissatisfied. In fact, many of the gripe threads are the same like, five or six people every single week.

People that are happy with the game don't tend to start topics saying they are happy. However, that said, they will post in threads like yours. I would go on the record as to say in threads just like this, you'll see at least a 50/50 approval rating of MoP's design. Quite possibly higher.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    ^

The rise of WoW started to end when they decided that everyone should see the same content at the same pace in the exact same patch. I'm personally completely fine with everyone having something to do (when you have nothing left to do it's obvious that you're going to quit), but I disagree fundamentally with this something having to be the same. When you have nothing to strive for and look forward to, you quit (at least until the next content patch), it's that simple.
    The rise or WoW ended when they made the game more difficult(cata), the peak was late wrath(and first few weeks of cata, which can be explained by people wanting to try the new xpack, sub numbers wont drop before game time expires)

And before people say vanilla and tbc was difficult: the most difficult mechanic in vanilla was "walk away from the raid", tbc had some, but like vanilla, it was also mostly about gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    ...is still the best MMORPG out there by far.

end of discussion
    I gotta agree with this. While there is plenty of room for improvement in WoW, most of it's competition just can't keep up.

There are worthy mentions like GW2 which really kills it in the leveling department but shoots itself in the foot when it comes to endgame. This is the case with most other MMOs iv'e played. They are excellent in one department while being pretty mediocre in the rest.

WoW manages to be good in just about everything it does, and it does this by copying the excellent features of all it's competitors, often refining them to be even better than the original.

So while i agree with most of what the op says i don't see any drastic changes coming anytime soon. Even if it drops to 5 mil subs it'll still be the king of the hill as far as MMOs that require a subscription go.

The game has died, to me (I no longer play WoW), when we lost the emersion of our character... Now we all have 4-10 characters on our character select screen, which makes it difficult to want to progress that 1 character and "bond" with it, but rather just a main with a slightly few more iLvl than our alts.

I havne't felt attached to one of my characters since vanilla. It's been Alt central, and thats a problem that I think a lot of people overlook. Instead of making 1 character superior id rather just have half a dozen mediocre characters now, which led me away from the game.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    The sense of adventure and triumph is completely gone when you can get from 1-90 AND geared with little effort.
    I lost my sense of adventure about the 14th time I leveled through Outland. I like leveling despite that but the only adventure you really find in leveling is at the start of an expansion.

The best thing to do for you its just simply unsubscribe for some time and move on. After a year or more come back and see what has happened. Maybe you get a fresh vision for what the game has become then and, you start to enjoy it again. I did it. Skipped Cataclysm until Dragon Soul was half way through and I quite enjoyed it. I agree that alts have become a problem though. Too many alts ruin gameplay. At least for me. I've 11 90s on Alliance but only play 2 chars seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well then..like..play another game?

It is not like WoW is an endagered species that everybody loves, like the Panda and goes out of their way to protect it. It you find the game so horrible..play sth else. There certainly must be some MMO out there who presses all your buttons.
    This exactly.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

You dislike the game, therefore the game is universally bad. Hooray for logic!
    Its as if I would say that I like the current state of the game( I really do actually ), therefore its universally good and everyone must like it. Logic?
    1001 0111 0011 0111 1000 0101

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing the same thing for years just loses it's novelty at some point. Games grow, peak, and decline. That's how it is.

Wow is also in it's best shape than it has ever been. PvP could use some work I think, but otherwise it's better than ever. That's my opinion on the matter.

Deleted
    I will be honest with you, WoW in current state is best time I had playing this game since TBC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Big surprise there, you got better at this game and can level easily.. who would have thought.

Leveling is something you do for 1 month over multiple years of game time, it doesn't really matter does it?
    Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    Did the OP not consider that the game today is focused around end game content, and not leveling, which is why leveling happens so fast and is so easy these days?
    Just wondering.
    It's not just about releveling your 3000 character and how dull it is. It's also dull for the newcomer. As I have stated in my previous post, I had a friend come try wow in pandaria with no prior MMO experience. You'd think the game would be new, fun and exciting to try out? No. He was already complaining about how dull the leveling experience was by level 35~.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Dear OP,

The more people like you that leave WOW, the better the game will be.
    Doesn't seem like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    What gives you the right to say that OP? That is -your- opinion. Not everyone's.

The game is fine completely fine. The raiding in vanilla was horrible. And the only ones that can say that is
    the players that actually managed to down all of Naxxramas 40. TBC's raiding was fine but it was pretty linear.

People keep saying these times were the best but it is completely wrong, see all the new features we've gotten from these two times.
    Without them WoW would be pretty dull. Besides, both Classic and TBC were unbalanced as hell.
    The right of speech. It is my opinion. It's a discussion. I'm not trying to convert anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    And yet you feel qualified to speak about what's wrong with it's current state? Get over yourself and play something else. Your wall of text is no different to any other boring bastards.
    Yes, because after playing the game for so many years on and off, I feel that I have enough experience from Cata + Pandaria that nothing much has changed, regardless if I played it for a year or a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    No, it seems that more people are willing to post gripes on MMO-Champion. That does not mean more people are dissatisfied. In fact, many of the gripe threads are the same like, five or six people every single week.

People that are happy with the game don't tend to start topics saying they are happy. However, that said, they will post in threads like yours. I would go on the record as to say in threads just like this, you'll see at least a 50/50 approval rating of MoP's design. Quite possibly higher.
    That's the thing though. It's not only on MMO-C. You can find it everywhere lately. Be it the main forums, fan sites, guild sites. Hell, even sitting in my guilds ventrilo is example enough. I usually don't post, but I felt like I wanted some more light on this topic.

Even though TBC remains my favorite expansion, I love Pandaria. Sometimes good things have to leave room for better things, and sometimes changes are for the better. I used to be a much bigger hardcore player, and could easily put 10 hours into the game every day back in TBC, but do I really want that now? No, I feel like I've gotten older, and I've realized that there are more important things apart from the game. I still play it a lot, but I'm also happy that I can walk away and log off whenever I want to, for other things. It's not like in TBC where you really had to spend loads of time if you wanted to gear alts, or do anything.

I agree with a few things in the OP though, especially dungeons. Back in TBC and to some extent WotLK, you had reasons for continuing doing the daily heroic even when you didn't need gear. Reputation-factions tied to certain dungeons, and/or rewards from the daily hc quest. It's things like these that I really miss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great post. I agree completely.

Deleted
    I never understood these threads, if you don't like wow the way it is now, why don't you play one of the many other mmos out there, I've heard everquest and everquest 2 are hardcore, the new final fantasy apparently has really nonlinear leveling and the secret world looks pretty cool too.

So if wow is terrible and you don't like it, why are you trying to change it rather that play something else?