Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    That trade is beyond unfair. If I were to see that trade I would immediately think collusion; or the other guy is just clueless.

10+ Year Old Account
    all the trades I see look unfair, except the ones offered to me

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    I'm of the opinion that the league should never block any trade unless it is pretty obvious that one person is tanking and loading up someone else. So unless you can prove collusion, just let people manage their teams as they see fit. That being said, there is not a chance that I would take those three guys back for Dez. Garcon is solidly mediocre, only really worth something in a PPR. Thomas had one good game, otherwise plays in a timeshare on a pass first offense. Williams is touchdown or bust. He's been doing well lately, and scored in his last four games. He also only caught two balls in two of those games. Touchdowns come and go, he's just not a huge part of that offense. Dez is the number two receiver in the league. That's trading one guy who can win you a week on his own for three guys that will help you tread water. I'd rather try to live through byes with free agency then dump my best player for three guys that I might not even play.
    I did forget to mention that this is PPR. Garcon is the 15th scoring WR. Williams is the 26th. And Thomas is 17th.

And unfortunately free agency hasnt been kind outside of picking up Julius Thomas. RBs are few and far. Receivers are rare as well. Hell, some teams carry two defenses and three QBs at this point.

He has done just enough to remain tied for third in our division. And the way playoffs are set up, three teams from each division move on with the top teams having a bye week. (By the way, this is a family league. This is my father's team. Lol. So the point about collusion may be coming up. However, he did approach me to help with his team. But there are no other players I would trade for on his team. This is also his first year playing.)

Anyways, I do see your points. I wouldn't have asked otherwise. The trade hasnt been finalized. But with all the drama about past trades, I thought I would ask my league before we did anything. And they are going apeshit over this trade. (I have the number 1 team right now and have scored about 150 more points than my closest opponent. So picking up Dez would be insane. I know this or I wouldn't have bothered.) However, I also see it from his perspective. A middle of the road team asking for help. Those three players, believe it or not, have scored more points overall than most on his team. And all three would start nearly every week on his team.

But seeing the responses, i think he will just have to survive on his own. Dont care much for drama anyway. (This is the same league where one team gave away his best players to his wife. We solved this problem and unfortunately, I was the victim of that drama too as that was my opponent last week and was given my second loss.

I'm of the opinion that the league should never block any trade unless it is pretty obvious that one person is tanking and loading up someone else.
    I'm of the exact opposite opinion. I'd vote to block anything where it looks like someone's so brutally stupid that they're throwing competitive balance off.

I don't think there's really an objective reason to prefer one of line of thinking over the other though.

Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post
    So, in another league, I am in the middle of a trade. I get Dez Bryant for Garcon, Pierre Thomas, and Terrance Williams. However, there is a huge outcry of how unfair this trade is. The fantasy calculators heavily favor the other person in this trade. Now, the other team has been unlucky with his draft picks and is really hurting (David Wilson, Nicks, Torrey Smith, and even Mccoy has been lacking in recent weeks). He is just on the cusp of a playoff berth and is looking to make a move. However, the other teams don't like trading or pretty much demand everything for little. I personally like this trade because it helps get him through Byes and injuries and it gives me a WR1 (I had Julio Jones and am looking for that WR1 again).

Am I the only one who thinks this trade is fair? What do you guys think? He is the one who came to me for the trade and we talked it out and came to this agreement.

Edit:
    His team looks like this:
    QB : Cam Newton / Philip Rivers
    RB : Mccoy / Stacy / Wilson
    WR : Bryant / Nicks / Torrey Smith / Marvin Jones / Kenny Stills
    TE : Jordan Cameron / Julius Thomas / Greg Olsen
    I think you overpaid... slightly, but the trade value is a lot closer than you might think. I'm not sure I would have included P. Thomas in the trade, but if that was the icing on the cake to get it done then it was worth it, or unless you specifically wanted to dump him on to someone else to free up a spot for a more exciting player off waivers.

If you had wanted to swing the trade back in your favor.. not knowing how your roster looks like.. I would have asked him to throw in G. Olsen.. since he clearly doesnt need him with 2 other stud TE's. Overall a pretty nice trade.. and I think you did well to pick up a dominante WR..

- - - Updated - - -

PPR changes it a little.. but I do think its still a pretty fair trade.. Not sure what they are getting up in arms about?
    Last edited by Alae; 2013-11-01 at 12:22 AM.

Deleted
    Yet again asking you fantasy guru's for a wee bit of advice for this week

I have a bit of a TE conundrum coming up or a battle of the Jordans to be more specific, Cameron and Reed

I am considering going with Reed for this week as his use in the Skins O seems to be on the rise, the Browns O is kinda random at times to say the least, Camerons target have gone down recently whereas Reed is the second most targeted player for the Skins after Garcon, Reed has the chargers D and Cameron has the Ravens against them, on average the Ravens D is giving up more points to TEs than the Chargers, but it would appear that they faced better TEs than the Chargers, Cameron had 95yds against the Ravens earlier this season, but ofc it was with a different QB

So with me inching towards Reed and thinking they are gonna be close in points this week any ideas for me, it's a game i could do with eaking out every point i possibly can as it's a battle of 6-2 teams, 35 points difference between pur total points this season, so it could be a close one

Thanks

I'd play Cameron. He's just a flat out better player and better red zone target. He's been more consistent through the year, and he's a lot more likely to see the ball in the end zone.

Cameron has been seeing a ton fewer targets since Josh Gordon came back, and he's only scored once. Reed has been hot since the Skins' bye and sees more targets in a game. Cameron gets a slight edge in a PPR format because he is more consistent, but Jason Campbell is still throwing him the ball. Can you not play one of them in a flex or are your receivers good enough to not need that?

Deleted
    Cameron has been seeing a ton fewer targets since Josh Gordon came back, and he's only scored once. Reed has been hot since the Skins' bye and sees more targets in a game. Cameron gets a slight edge in a PPR format because he is more consistent, but Jason Campbell is still throwing him the ball. Can you not play one of them in a flex or are your receivers good enough to not need that?
    unfortunately can't play them as flex, and will have Danny Woodhead there anyway

I'm not a big fan of trying to time "hot" and "cold" streaks. Maybe I'm just bad at it, but it seems like you wind up missing big performances doing that. I mean, if there's a specific change that happened (and Gordon might be a big enough change for that to be the case), it's one thing, but if one guy is still just a flat out better player than the other, I wouldn't base much on a two or three game sample. Even if Reed sees a couple more targets than Cameron overall, I still think Cameron's going to have more opportunities in the red zone. Reed's basically had two big games. He's a nice player, but I don't think that sort of production will continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is depressing. Somebody on my team better score a damn touchdown. I'm up against Jimmy Graham, who has 20 at halftime. And like always, my tight ends do nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gonna lose, but it was nice seeing 60.78 versus 60.66 for a short time. Like it's actually gonna be close.

The injuries to my receivers and the amount of players I had off this week are killing me. And Brady waits until I gave up on him to play well. Figures.

10+ Year Old Account
    The injuries to my receivers and the amount of players I had off this week are killing me. And Brady waits until I gave up on him to play well. Figures.
    Yeah 33 points sitting on the bench, that sucks. I had it with Antonio Brown earlier in the season. Can't say I mind though, seeing as how you're playing against me. >.>

Andre Johnson is on fire tonight. And I get to go up against him! Huzzah!

It won't matter, but I had Foles and his 7 TDs on the bench today :-/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post
    Andre Johnson is on fire tonight. And I get to go up against him! Huzzah!
    Me too. He has 37 points right now, playing against me. Are you kidding me? How the hell are you supposed to win against something like that?!

Andre Johnson saved my ass! Woot.

On second thought, I'm still very likely going to lose. Unless Rodgers and Alshon Jeffery can't somehow muster a whole 13 points between them. On top of everything else, Arien Foster is hurt now too. Yay.

Second edit: Fuck Jordan Cameron. He really has been shit since week 4.
    Last edited by buck008; 2013-11-04 at 05:10 AM.

Yeah Jordan Cameron has been dissapointing of late...

I hope I can somehow pull out a win in another league if Rodgers scores 30~ points and Lacy can get 20+!

Goooooooooo Packers!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Ofcourse... Rodgers out of the game with a sholder injury... Yep.. Yep...
    Last edited by Alae; 2013-11-05 at 02:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rodgers out and questionable to return, the ONE thing that would normally prevent me from winning this week. fml

If I had a decent team, and had a decent win ratio I would just chalk this up to bad luck and move on, but this is just cruel, when I finally have a legitimate shot at winning a match up.

Now all I can do is pray that Jeffery on the Bears explodes for about 15 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Alae View Post
    Yeah Jordan Cameron has been dissapointing of late...

I hope I can somehow pull out a win in another league if Rodgers scores 30~ points and Lacy can get 20+!

Goooooooooo Packers!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Ofcourse... Rodgers out of the game with a sholder injury... Yep.. Yep...
    So glad im not relying completely on Nelson tonight to pull off a win in the MMO1 league.