Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Im guessing that Battle.net WoW image of Thrall is just a placeholder untill the next Expac is official announced at Blizzcon.

IMO the only thing they need to change in LFR is let the Dark Shaman cosmetic armor drop in LFR.

Why does the trademark say mobile devices and tablets? It can't be for WoW, unless they're making an app to do pet battles or something. But even still, there's no mention in the trademark of game manuals, mousepads, etc.

Also that old image of Thrall being plastered outside the convention center is interesting. Leads me to believe they really want to keep the expansion a secret until the announcement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lemur View Post
    Guess it's official now huh?
    Not really, not until its announced by blizzard. right now its just paperwork.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

Don't mind if it's the new Expac but not entirely... sure. The deniers do put forward compelling arguments. I'm just glad it's not Legion/Argus already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Old image of Thrall from Cata.

Dats the image from the 15th Warcraft Anniversary & 5th WoW Anniversary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mischievousboy View Post
    Why does the trademark say mobile devices and tablets? It can't be for WoW, unless they're making an app to do pet battles or something. But even still, there's no mention in the trademark of game manuals, mousepads, etc.

Also that old image of Thrall being plastered outside the convention center is interesting. Leads me to believe they really want to keep the expansion a secret until the announcement.
    That is what everyone is trying to figure out.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I can understand why you would think that. I just dug up the same post for Mists of Pandaria a couple years ago. It has both the same numbers of I guess "Goods and Services." The MOP Trademark had listed "009" and "041". The Warlords of Draenor has the exact same numbers. The terminology has changed since then, and I'm assuming still includes the same stuff from before.

Deleted
    World of Warcraft - Warlords of Draenor

sounds just too shitty to be true

Definitely a hearthstone expac or a new mobile game:

"Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs."
    Doesn't get clearer than that, but the fact that Boub refered to it as a WoW expansion still leaves enough room for doubt. We'll know this week!!!

Deleted
    Not very surprising, just a matter of time until they regisered it in the US. Still interesting though that the trade mark is identical to HotS's trade mark but very different from MoP's trade mark. It's gonna be a very interesting BlizzCon.

But even still, there's no mention in the trademark of game manuals, mousepads, etc.
    True but they've mentioned computer game discs. Surely you can't have a disc without a manual? I initially thought perhaps Blizzard are going to abandon boxed copies of the expansion and offer it online only. Which wouldn't be a huge drama because everyone has to download the expansion anyway regardless of if they buy it or not.. the only thing you really get with the box is a code and the manual. Maybe they're planning to have everyone buy the expansion via the Blizzard store this time. Cuts costs.. makes sure Blizzard gets 100% profit. Wouldn't explain the reference to discs tho. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    so Zah and how could it be a WoW exp? is WoW now a tablet game?
    I'm pretty sure its worded like this for legal reasons to cover stuff on laptop's phones etc like the wow mobile armory and shit. Stop speculating so much and just wait for Blizzcon :3

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    The Hearthstone trademark refers heavily to card games and card game e-sports. This one doesn't, so we can rule out Hearthstone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do expansion trademarks ever mention instruction manuals?

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post

"Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs."
    Doesn't get clearer than that, but the fact that Boub refered to it as a WoW expansion still leaves enough room for doubt. We'll know this week!!!
    Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs.

its a TWO section statement. In the first part of the statement it just says downloadable electronic game and game discs computer game etc. How is it even logical to be a hearthstone xpac when the game is still in beta? Think before you type lol. The portable part is probably to just have exclusive licensing for phone apps and stuff

The Thrall icon is from 2000 made by Wei Wang, the original picture is called "Full Battlecry" and from this artwork he did:

Bigger:
    http://image.blizzgame.ru/assets/Gal...y-Wei-Wang.jpg
    Last edited by Kryos; 2013-11-05 at 08:42 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    Do expansion trademarks ever mention instruction manuals?
    Yes they do ussually & MoP was the last one to have it in the trademark.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlords of Draenor is still missing "Mouse pads" as the MoP and Cata trademark had.

Ohhh, BlizzCon getting closer.. so excited!

Deleted
    WoW if this is the name of the expansion i will be fuckin shocked. 5 year old kid could come up with better name. This just sounds so retarded on so many levels......... also the name reeks of reusing old Tbc content. If the new expansion is Warlords of draenor then R.I.P. WOW. with The Dark below i had some hopes for this game. Now I have none. Looks like i will skip another expansion.