Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It is about time Blizzard implemented a system to detect bads and lazys and penalise them for their actions (or lack of them). It is easy for anyone to see who the bads and lazys are in LFR by looking at Recount/Skada. The dps doing 30k... bad/lazy. The healer doing less healing than a dps or tank... bad/lazy. Not so easy to detect a bad tank in a similar way though.
    Why?? They are not toxic players (not all maybe, there are more % of toxic players in high elite), they just play the game at minimum level required. The game itself give this options, If they took that option, it's not their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    Average and good players with alts know it's better to just enter a flex each week.
    Flex is awesome. It finally allows the lower end of the raid crowd to act like elitists. "LFR ? Pff real skilled people do flex. You know, REAL raiding".

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Tell that to the stressed out average and good players trying to gear up alts that sit for hours hitting 4 - 10 stacks on bosses because people can't seem to adapt to the mechanics.
    Most "average or good" players do not do lfr anymore everyone just does flex and leaves lfr to the bads

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Why is it so hard to understand that there is a tier of raiding that is not meant to teach, or to have anyone improve, but simply to experience? Why does this bother anyone with a lick of common sense.

LFR does not provide the challenge needed to improve as a raider, granted. It does not need to do so; people who run LFR and only LFR either can't or won't progress further, and this affects no one anywhere that raids in a higher difficulty.

Blizzard did not expect Raid finder to be a teaching tool, that is what PG's are for.
    If it is not ment to teach but rather to experience why not take purples out of lfr give them blues with no set bonus? Either way they get the same "experience" if that is what you want to call it. However, I see lfr as a toxic watered down poor excuse for a raid. Not a really good experience in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    In other words: you are one of the afkers in lfr....... see, you add to the problem :-)
    But I think you just LOVE lfr, right?
    Gives you something to do when you are doing the dishes and cooking!
    What problem? Not caring/trying is acceptable in LFR apparently and Blizzard solves wipes with more nerfs every single time. Please tell me why would I even do my best in there? Especially when 80% of the players don't. Like you see right here in this thread, performance doesn't matter.

I'm not there because I love it, I am there for the ridiculous rewards. I have never liked LFR. And I can do whatever I want even things that I don't like doing. If it doesn't work out when I do 30k dps then so be it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Why is it so hard to understand that there is a tier of raiding that is not meant to teach, or to have anyone improve, but simply to experience? Why does this bother anyone with a lick of common sense.

LFR does not provide the challenge needed to improve as a raider, granted. It does not need to do so; people who run LFR and only LFR either can't or won't progress further, and this affects no one anywhere that raids in a higher difficulty.

Blizzard did not expect Raid finder to be a teaching tool, that is what PG's are for.
    Exactly. Let me "experience" and not improve! 30k dps is enough as long as the bosses die. Why can't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    What problem? Not caring/trying is acceptable in LFR apparently and Blizzard solves wipes with more nerfs every single time. Please tell me why would I even do my best in there? Especially when 80% of the players don't. Like you see right here in this thread, performance doesn't matter.

I'm not there because I love it, I am there for the ridiculous rewards. I have never liked LFR. And I can do whatever I want even things that I don't like doing. If it doesn't work out when I do 30k dps then so be it.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Let me "experience" and not improve! 30k dps is enough as long as the bosses die.
    Be glad you are not on my runs then if you go afk and do the dishes like you claim and I spot it. You're gone

DPS are expendable in LFR we can always replace them. Tanks and healers take a little longer so are less expendable. In fairness most of the runs ive done have been really good this tier in LFR. Lots of people chatting while I lead the raid and a good atmosphere. Only a few times has someone been a butt hurt Beverly and flamed or just been an ass. Usually they get ignored or kicked.

Giving out loot in lfr is the same as giving a trophy to every kid that plays in a baseball league. Back in my day if you sucked you didn't get a trophy....o how today's youth are entitled little kids. I pay my money give me purples too I don't care if I don't deserve them. But when my team sucked and we didn't get a trophy it made me feel bad. I wanted to be one of those kids that got a trophy....so you know what I did? I practiced harder and got better and the next year got a trophy. Having people praise you for being bad just leads to entitled little douches that can't be bothered to get better or take criticism.
    Last edited by pastar; 2013-11-05 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Why?? They are not toxic players (not all maybe, there are more % of toxic players in high elite), they just play the game at minimum level required. The game itself give this options, If they took that option, it's not their fault.
    Exactly. I don't understand why others are still doing more than needed.

Deleted
    LFR is made with the express purpose of letting absolutely anyone, regardless of skill or effort level, see the endboss and acquire loot. (Aka see the content.)

Moaning that it's being nerfed or the people who do it can't/don't play well is retarded because that's what LFR is for in the first place.

The reason that LFR is designed like this is simply because when faced with challenges that require a player to go away, learn their classes etc and/or wipe a lot to succeed - the vast majority of the players don't bother and stop playing instead. You can think this is good or bad, but it is what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Be glad you are not on my runs then if you go afk and do the dishes like you claim and I spot it. You're gone

DPS are expendable in LFR we can always replace them. Tanks and healers take a little longer so are less expendable. In fairness most of the runs ive done have been really good this tier in LFR. Lots of people chatting while I lead the raid and a good atmosphere. Only a few times has someone been a butt hurt Beverly and flamed or just been an ass. Usually they get ignored or kicked.
    Do you really think I care if I get kicked? I didn't have to do anything for it.

I also queue as healer. I just spam a few casts and then I go do something else. 40k hps is enough right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    LFR is made with the express purpose of letting absolutely anyone, regardless of skill or effort level, see the endboss and acquire loot. (Aka see the content.)

Moaning that it's being nerfed or the people who do it can't/don't play well is retarded because that's what LFR is for in the first place.

The reason that LFR is designed like this is simply because when faced with challenges that require a player to go away, learn their classes etc and/or wipe a lot to succeed - the vast majority of the players don't bother and stop playing instead. You can think this is good or bad, but it is what happens.
    Indeed. So why is someone threatening to kick me when I am not putting in more effort?

Do you really think I care if I get kicked? I didn't have to do anything for it.

I also queue as healer. I just spam a few casts and then I go do something else. 40k hps is enough right?

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed. So why is someone threatening to kick me when I am not putting in more effort?
    It would be pretty obvious if you were not there as a healer doing 40kHPS but then being low on healing done is usually a bad sign. I didn't say or care if you would mind being kicked. All I care about is not having to put up with people like you in LFR. So long as people are in the run and at least doing something thats enough for me. I would rather have a bad player than someone who thinks they are too good for LFR and goes afk because they think they are special.

Deleted

because some of the playerbase aren't in LFR with the spirit of LFR in mind, they are in LFR with the spirit of normal/HC raiding in mind, plus blizzard has tuned LFR too high for it's audience. (Along with Soon(tm) this is blizzards one consistent feature, the overestimation of the playerbases abilities.)

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    It would be pretty obvious if you were not there as a healer doing 40kHPS but then being low on healing done is usually a bad sign. I didn't say or care if you would mind being kicked. All I care about is not having to put up with people like you in LFR. So long as people are in the run and at least doing something thats enough for me. I would rather have a bad player than someone who thinks they are too good for LFR and goes afk because they think they are special.
    I go afk because I think I am special? No, not really. I think I already explained why I don't do my best anymore in LFR, because it does not matter.

Apparently it's not that obvious because it happens constantly in LFR without anyone saying a word about it and whenever I said something about it it either got ignored or I got flamed for being an elitist so I simply adapted.

Finally. IMO they should nerf this nightmare of a raid even more. I've been trying to kill Garrosh for weeks without success. There's something going horribly wrong with SoO. The LFR people clear Throne of Thunder with no problems at all but this raid... damn, too much mechanics involved. Every single boss is a nightmare. I only do LFR. I'm not interested in Flex, Normal or Heroic. So I'm not too much interested in "learning the mechanics". Not at all. I don't wanna spend hours and hours of my life wiping on bosses. That's not my idea of fun. Read my words Blizzard: There's something going horribly wrong with the LFR version of SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by pastar View Post
    Most "average or good" players do not do lfr anymore everyone just does flex and leaves lfr to the bads

- - - Updated - - -

If it is not ment to teach but rather to experience why not take purples out of lfr give them blues with no set bonus? Either way they get the same "experience" if that is what you want to call it. However, I see lfr as a toxic watered down poor excuse for a raid. Not a really good experience in my book.
    If you are not running lfr, why waste time commenting on it?
    It doesn't influence your gameplay or anything?
    Just leave it for the people for who it is intended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Flex is awesome. It finally allows the lower end of the raid crowd to act like elitists. "LFR ? Pff real skilled people do flex. You know, REAL raiding".
    THIS!
    :-)
    Human nature to look great by bashing others.

Expected but how much of an impact it really has will tell with time. There is still the issue of LFR shifting too much responsibility on a few leaving those who try stressed out. LFR is just not providing an equally easy stress free experience for all players in the current gameplay format. If Blizzard wants to cater to players who refuse to learn mechanics then make it for that for all instead of having a few team players stuck with picking up the slack.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-11-05 at 10:35 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Let me "experience" and not improve! 30k dps is enough as long as the bosses die. Why can't you understand?
    Well, at least the dishes get washed! :-)
    Have fun whatever you're doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torbjorn View Post
    I only do LFR. I'm not interested in Flex, Normal or Heroic. So I'm not too much interested in "learning the mechanics". Not at all. I don't wanna spend hours and hours of my life wiping on bosses. That's not my idea of fun. Read my words Blizzard: There's something going horribly wrong with the LFR version of SoO.
    So you're not willing to carry your weight or put effort into it but you want to see everything and get rewarded for it just like the ones pulling their weight?

its meant for casuals, baddies whatever you wanna call them, not everyone has enough time to grind n focus most of their time on the game.
    as a tank lfr is only practise for me to do flex.
    if lfr is too easy for u, dont do it.

I go afk because I think I am special? No, not really. I think I already explained why I don't do my best anymore in LFR, because it does not matter.

Apparently it's not that obvious because it happens constantly in LFR without anyone saying a word about it and whenever I said something about it it either got ignored or I got flamed for being an elitist so I simply adapted.
    You might not think so but its a slap in the face to anyone else actually putting an effort in. I don't mind carrying a few players who are under performing. But someone who goes AFK is really taking the piss (A lot of the time if you actively lead the raid most people say going afk for a few mins on trash thats fine.)

Some people can get away with it, thats fair enough but I dont tolerate it if im in a raid and see someone taking the piss. I see it a lot of the time with healers who come as DPS or simply AFK I will notice it. I will get the raid to kick them and get someone else in who hopefully will want to put some effort in.

You say it does not matter in LFR but if the raid wipes due to low healing or low dps it does matter. If everyone did what you did it becomes an issue. thats why its a piss take and should be stamped out. If the tanks went afk to do the dishes would you think thats cool?