Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    So maybe this'll quiet down all the naysayers saying it's just a fake to throw us off. However I know people won't be satisfied til blizzcon.
    4 more days! We shall have our answers.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I must have missed that part of the quest chain. I could have sworn Thrall, Vol'jin and Chen sat in the hut while I killed orcs. Then we rode to Razor Hill where Vol'jin stood in the back while I killed more orcs. Then they all chilled under a tower while I was sent to go kill more orcs.

Jesus, Alliance players make the Horde quests sound like they're Battle For Undercity 2.0 or something...
    Really? Pretty sure Thrall and Chen are busy cutting down Kor'kron while you help clear them out, during a large-scale battle after you finish the quick scripted video scene.

My bad, you're right.
    Horde quest is just as dull as talking to a single dwarf and running around clicking objects as a mechanical cat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Yay(!) back to Outland, at least a quarter of subs will be lost (though it may be compensated by those that would join for seeing Outland again).

Though I'm wondering if Blizzard will turn this into a trend

...with Catacylsm, they renewed Vanilla zones.

...with MoP, they introduced a new continent.

...with WoD, they probably will be renewing Outland.

...with the expansion to come afterwards, they may introduce new zones(perhaps the Dark Below)

...with the expansion to come after this one, they may renew Northrend.

Fact check bud, they called themselves Draenei upon leaving Argus.
    Right since you already know that we will loose people. Blizz Devs have already been posting about how amazing and exciting the Addon. Gets. I for one have never seen them actually kinda confirming their work on the next X-pac. Also the Dev that posted that on Twitter kinda gave me the impression that he hasn't been developing on WoW Content for quite a long time. Now there's this rumor in my Head, I picked up somewhere here in the MMOC-Forums that Blizz moved Old Vanilla/TBC Devs over to Titan back then when Project Titan started. As of lately they have been moving some or most of these old WoW Devs back over into the WoW Team. So if these rumors are true there are probably some Devs around there who haven't worked on WoW Content for Years now. People who AREN'T responsible for Cataclysm or some things that happened in MoP. Since they got moved WoW has kinda decreased in Subs and Quality. It's still awesome. But something's missing. Now I we are just a bit lucky, they could actually bring some new, fresh things, but also old fun things back into the Game this time. And I'm glad to say that if we're at least that bit lucky. This time's going to be different. Because it's obviously getting more hyped up than any other Expansion, not only by Fans. And the fact we had no Blizzcon last year isn't making it less of an interesting announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by alexday14 View Post
    Draenor
    Draenei

last time i checked, the Draenei were Alliance, lol
    I find it funny how many people talk out of their ass when they do not know the lore XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Really? Pretty sure Thrall and Chen are busy cutting down Kor'kron while you help clear them out, during a large-scale battle after you finish the quick scripted video scene.

My bad, you're right.
    Horde quest is just as dull as talking to a single dwarf and running around clicking objects as a mechanical cat.
    Well that's what the Alliance Racists get for not leaving the Free folks of the Horde the fuck alone. :P Kalimdor's ours. Elves are too arrogant if you ask me. May as well cut them out off the Game. Pretty much the whole Alliance is pointless. Garrosh's Iron Horde would make a far better second Faction. Garrosh at least had some deep thought behind his Crimes. He was pretty much challenging the Burning Legion. Thrall said he's not worthy of his Father's legacy even though he totally is. He's just as Grom. He'd cut every demon in half and rather than us he wasn't dump. He actually built an Arsenal to use. Even if he failed, he managed to built up the most deadliest Force on Azeroth for a brief moment. It's kinda sad it got wasted as a raid. But yeah: Alliance Players whine too much. You already had the Orcs and Thrall imprisoned in Lordaeron's Camps. If your People are too weak to prevent the Orcs -JUST the Orcs one Race of 5 that are members of the horde, if you don't count in the Huojin Pandaren - from escaping. Varian chose to turn his back to Vol'jin. That old troll could also have shot him with a Quick arrow in the neck once he turned his back on him, thinking a broken horde would prove too weak to defend itself against the Alliance. The fact he didn't shows acceptance and a TRUE sense for Honor, that Varian, even though he fought in Orcish Arenas for years of his life, can simply not comprehend. I highly doubt any Alliance Character can truely comprehend the Honor the Horde truely possesses. Otherwise there would be no War - sadly for Gameplay that would've meant no PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    Well that's what the Alliance Racists get for not leaving the Free folks of the Horde the fuck alone. :P Kalimdor's ours. Elves are too arrogant if you ask me. May as well cut them out off the Game. Pretty much the whole Alliance is pointless. Garrosh's Iron Horde would make a far better second Faction. Garrosh at least had some deep thought behind his Crimes. He was pretty much challenging the Burning Legion. Thrall said he's not worthy of his Father's legacy even though he totally is. He's just as Grom. He'd cut every demon in half and rather than us he wasn't dump. He actually built an Arsenal to use. Even if he failed, he managed to built up the most deadliest Force on Azeroth for a brief moment. It's kinda sad it got wasted as a raid. But yeah: Alliance Players whine too much. You already had the Orcs and Thrall imprisoned in Lordaeron's Camps. If your People are too weak to prevent the Orcs -JUST the Orcs one Race of 5 that are members of the horde, if you don't count in the Huojin Pandaren - from escaping. Varian chose to turn his back to Vol'jin. That old troll could also have shot him with a Quick arrow in the neck once he turned his back on him, thinking a broken horde would prove too weak to defend itself against the Alliance. The fact he didn't shows acceptance and a TRUE sense for Honor, that Varian, even though he fought in Orcish Arenas for years of his life, can simply not comprehend. I highly doubt any Alliance Character can truely comprehend the Honor the Horde truely possesses. Otherwise there would be no War - sadly for Gameplay that would've meant no PvP.
    Do you communicate in any form other than wall of text?

The guy's talking about a single quest chain. You don't need to throw a novel at him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmz390 View Post
    Why is this a surprise to so many people (yes I know it was sarcasm on your part but it's an opening)? The two factions are icons they represent the opposite sides of ourselves. Alliance represents the bland, staid, corporate mentality so many people possess and the Horde represent the free thinking, anarchic, truth seeking minority among us. That's why overall more people gravitate to Alliance than horde. More sheep and shepherds than there are wanderers. But all the sheep and shepherds want to be wanderers deep down inside they just can't swallow hard and go for it.

The Horde IS World of Warcraft. Has been from the beginning, will be at the end.
    That is bull. Alliance doesn't represent corporate mentality. Horde doesn't represent free thinking. They have a warchief they blindly obey. And most players play Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeki View Post
    Now also trademarked in Europe.

100% wow. Check out the lore panels etc from the previous Blizzcon, and also i can see pet battles over the next expansion finally coming to tablets. They would need to trademark this now if its planned down the line at some point during this expansion either way.

Im personally looking forward to seeing what is to come, I feel certain after re watching 2011 Q and A panel and chris metzen going on about the planet Argus ( http://www.wowwiki.com/Argus ) that we will be exploring this not a redone, older outland's, Argus being the Original homeland of the Draenei. Now rumoured headquarters of the blood legion! also - One of the old and powerful leader's being Velen. Who has been mentoring the alliance's Kings son after seeing him in visions being very important. The son also mentioned would have a big role. Velen let the kings son see visions in to the future. That including the Burning legion causing Havoc yet again. This story between velen and the Boy was also mentioned, along with the Book written by christie Golden saying one day it will play out to be a very good expansion.... i believe that day is nearing.

Not a chance in hell we would be experiencing old content on a big scale at this stage in the game, Only Illidan do i expect to encounter again.
    Why would panels from past Blizzcons tell me that WoD is WoW-related? Because they want to bring the Legion back as a theme? Only that Warlords of Draenor does not have to be themed around the Legion or have us go to Argus, especially when it is set in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    That is bull. Alliance doesn't represent corporate mentality. Horde doesn't represent free thinking. They have a warchief they blindly obey. And most players play Horde.
    No kidding. Just look at the Blood Oath of the Horde, from "Wrath of the Lich King":

Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!
    Swearing absolute subservience and fealty to the Warchief. Not even to the Horde, but to the Warchief and only the Warchief. Yeah. How free-thinking and independent.

I still strongly feel that this is the upcoming Hearthstone expansion pack, and that The Dark Below is the real shit

Quote Originally Posted by Yonteh View Post
    Just based on the name since we don't know anything else about it. Draenor being the Orc homeworld and blizzard being known to be biased towards the Horde.
    I'm not saying that it definitely will happen just that I suspect it.
    Except they aren't biased toward the Horde, so the whole premise is a load of crap. In an expansion that was supposed to be Horde vs Alliance themed, it was more like Horde vs Garrosh for Horde players. That's far more disappointing to me than the Alliance version, which at least involved fighting the other faction, and not ousting your cool leader in favor of a completely inferior moron. I agree that the Alliance story is a bit too human heavy, but I don't think it's below the Horde story on the pedestal. This is just people thinking the grass is always greener.

What if Warlords of Draenor is Hearthstone but it will include iPad/iPhone version as well. It all adds up as for as i can see. (since it includes "mobile" properties on US tm website)

Deleted
    I suspect another Horde heavy storyline. Great, just what we needed.
    Yeah, thank heck for that, because we all know that storyline is better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Except they aren't biased toward the Horde, so the whole premise is a load of crap. In an expansion that was supposed to be Horde vs Alliance themed, it was more like Horde vs Garrosh for Horde players. That's far more disappointing to me than the Alliance version, which at least involved fighting the other faction, and not ousting your cool leader in favor of a completely inferior moron. I agree that the Alliance story is a bit too human heavy, but I don't think it's below the Horde story on the pedestal. This is just people thinking the grass is always greener.
    I agree completely. As a player that played both alliance and horde this expansion, the alliance got "a lot more love" than the horde. I don't care though, because I play to get a good story. I don't play to see one faction get more/better story than the other since I like both.

I am really worried about lore for this xpac. It's looking like it will be very horde centric which piss me off.

blizzard being known to be biased towards the Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I am really worried about lore for this xpac. It's looking like it will be very horde centric which piss me off.
    I don't exactly see how Blizzard is biased towards the horde. I mean a lot of the story has been horde focused lately but so what? Without Malfurion we wouldn't have been able to touch Ragnaros in Cata. The horde had to listen that scrub night elf in order to save the world. Tirion Fordring was there to destroy the Lich King. Night elves fought against C'thun's army, dwarves fought against Ragnaros and Nefarian. Wyrnn killed Onyxia. Humans fought against the scourge and ultimately the HUMAN prince of Lordaeron become the Lich King and also the sole protector of the world from the scourge with what little humanity he had WHICH was then passed onto ANOTHER human. So Thrall took down Deathwing big deal. He was the world's greatest shaman and the world was literally exploding. Who else would do it? Wyrnn the warrior with all his magical anime hair power? Oooh let's have Velen fix the world with some power word: bubbles. And of course Garrosh was the end boss this expansion. He had been going crazy for a while now. Yes they fell short on their promise of alliance epicness but still... it's been proven in the past that Blizzard can't even live up to their own expectations (think Azjol'nerub leveling zone). Take your victories as they come. If the next expansion is World of Warcraft: Alliance FTW the Horde Sucks Dick I'll still play it without whining because I've had my time. I got to watch the Blood elf leader kick some ass this expansion. Pretty cool stuff.

Also: You don't even KNOW what this expansion is about yet. Garrosh's story might not be done yet. Sure if this was a book it'd be better and there would most likely be less complaining but we're having to live this story out. Just go with the flow if the leaks are legit. You don't know what will happen.

Its legit 'a thing'. No-one outside of Blizzard (and anyone 'in the know') has a clue what it actually is.

WoW expansion?
    Hearthstone content pack/deck?
    Heroes of the Storm content pack?
    Novel or comic (unlikely, however)?
    Brand new iOS game?

Wait until Blizzcon before going nuts. Then feel free to go nuts.

Deleted
    Am I the only person in the entire universe who realizes the mobile aspect covers laptop computers or are people just willfully ignoring it.

I just hope this isn't about Garrosh again :S Why couldn't he just be executed!
    I think they'd get way better off with demons instead of horde as enemies now

I like this but I do hope this is not another xpac where the horde is the bad guy, again and we face a Hellscream, again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    So maybe this'll quiet down all the naysayers saying it's just a fake to throw us off. However I know people won't be satisfied til blizzcon.
    Could still go either way, it still does not definitely mean it's the WoW expansion, could still be Hearthstone expansion too.... Not saying 'nay' just saying it's possible....